Powerscrolls that don't drop - Which skills need to be bought with the PS of your choice?

Name says it all
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Powerscrolls that don't drop - Which skills need to be bought with the PS of your choice?

Post by Johnny Warren »

I tried to find this information elsewhere. After nearly 14 years I have decided to raise some of my skills up. I have a couple of questions about getting all skills to 120.

1) Is it possible to get every single skill to 120?
2) Which powerscrolls don't drop?
3) Can the powerscroll of your choice be used for any skill, including powerscrolls that don't drop?

Any help with this info would be appreciated.
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Powerscrolls that don't drop - Which skills need to be bought with the PS of your choice?

Post by culichi »

1) yes although some can only go past 100 with skillball or skill elixiers from citadel.
2) there are eight powerscrolls that can only be obtained by using the ps of your choice deed. there are four more 120 powerscrolls that can only be obtained through powerscroll bag or ps of your choice deed.
3) it can be used for any skill listed on your player skill scroll except for spellweaving which does not exist on this server.

ps of your choice-

herding
snooping
begging
camping
detecting hidden
forensic evaluation
item identification
taste identification

ps bag or ps of your choice-

hiding
armslore
remove trap(disarm)
poisoning
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Powerscrolls that don't drop - Which skills need to be bought with the PS of your choice?

Post by Johnny Warren »

culichi wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:55 pm
1) yes although some can only go past 100 with skillball or skill elixiers from citadel.
Thanks for all that info culichi. Which skills require the use of a skillball and/or elixirs?
JOHNNY WARREN!
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:05 am
culichi wrote:
Thanks for all that info culichi. Which skills require the use of a skillball and/or elixirs?
To get past 100, all of them that culichi listed. Also Chivalry past 115.
TDC Guild
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

So the only way to get those listed skills to 120 is use a PS of your choice and then a skillball/elixirs?

Do elixirs drop for all of those skills?
JOHNNY WARREN!
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

I got Forensic Evaluation and Hiding to 120 by using the skills.
Haven’t tried the others past 100.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 am
So the only way to get those listed skills to 120 is use a PS of your choice and then a skillball/elixirs?
Yes. Don't forget the ps bag scrolls as culichi wrote in his post.
Do elixirs drop for all of those skills?
Yes. You can max every "special" skill just using elixiers.
The Skilled Image.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

EDIT: Just found this on the wiki:
https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Powerscroll_Bag
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:05 am
culichi wrote:
its been so long since i capped the extra skills that im mostly no longer 100% sure on which ones require skillball or elixiers past 100. i am 100% sure that hiding & arms lore cannot be raised past 100 without the elixiers/skillballs. remove trap(disarm) i used a skillball to cap it after being stuck on 80s forever and the only other player i know got it to 120 no longer plays.
im pretty sure the rest of the skills can be taken to 120 without performance drugs but i wouldnt bet money on my memory. chivalry also needs elixiers/skillballs past 115 but you probably already know that.
maybe colibri can check the code and tell us more.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

So far I've gotten all the PS Bag ones and detect hidden to 120 and from what I can remember they all needed performance drugs. Makes me think the rest of the PS Choice Deed ones will need performance drugs as well.

Tiny Rick I believe has them all at 120 and still plays

I'm at 81 Disarming, the struggle is real
TDC Guild
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Thanks again for the info, all of you. It all helps.

I have 2x PS of my choice and 2x+20 skill balls, all from the raffle tables over last few years. Been sitting on them for a while, that's what got me started thinking about 120ing all skills (got bowcraft/fletching to 120 last night :D ). I will start spinning my 115s to try and get those 4. So I should use my 120s of my choice on one of the other 12 skills... Do any of them DO anything? Is there a reason I should do them in any specific order?
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

doesn't matter one way or the other. i hope this becomes a thing.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

It's certainly given me another mid-term goal that's different to my normal "Grind gold for bigger stats" style that usually dictates my goals.

Gives me something to do with all those useless 115 PSs I get too... guess I need to start joining in at Kronus so I don't have to keep paying 500k each time I want to try for a special 120.

EDIT: I used one of the 120 PS of my choice to buy snooping, thinking it would be easy skill to test if it gained after 100.It gained just fine all the way to 120 by snooping a guildies backpack. No need for elixirs/skill ball here.

I will try and test each skill as I get them to see if I can help make a list of which ones actually require elixirs/skillballs to complete.

EDIT 2: I went for Taste ID with second PS of my choice. It seems to be gaining fine (if slowly) beyond 100 without elixirs/skillball. I'll confirm it if it can go all the way to 120.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Tried to edit the post above, somehow quoted it - sorry. So I'll use this space:

So far the following skills can be raised from 100 to 120 without elixirs/skillballs:

Snooping
Taste Identification

That makes me believe multiple of the others will also raise just fine. As Durocious said, Forensic ID and Hiding can be done sans skillballs/elixiers.
Last edited by Johnny Warren on Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

mt

Post by culichi »

mt