weapon leveling spots

Name says it all
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

weapon leveling spots

Post by nocturne7saint »

So I have been leveling a bow that someone very nice gave to me.
I have been killing ettins in despise and getting somewhat good exp.

I was wondering if there were better mobs to level it on, that were only melee?
location would be great.
blackstone from the ILV guild
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: weapon leveling spots

Post by Durocius »

In Fel, most cities will be target rich. Deceit is a leveling favorite. Yew has a lot of orcs etc. Double experience points in most of Fel.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Yeah deceit has best time ratio for incoming exp cause of low hp,high respawn timer and amount of mobs. Also if you are not afraid of stronger mobs, you can make single runs (low respawn timer) in fel wind, minoc, moonglow, delucca. In delucca you should aware of huge amount of umm's, moonglow,wind has good amount of such mobs as blood and poison elies. minoc has few arcane demons, which gives about 100 exp each and many undeads, but these doesnt respawn super fast as in deceit. Think mobs able to cast spells give most amount of exp here. You should look where is best exp per hour for you.
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

Cerrera wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:53 pm
minoc has few arcane demons, which gives about 100 exp each and many undeads, but these doesnt respawn super fast as in deceit. Think mobs able to cast spells give most amount of exp here. You should look where is best exp per hour for you.
That would be Moonglow. Minoc is all elementals. Lots of them.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

yes sory, got an error- moonglow has those arcane ones.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

If you can get into MistVale, the mobs in there give double XP as well. The area full of Lich Lords, Succubi and Elder Gazers is a *ton* of XP if you go in and clear it out frequently.

Just make sure you have at least the full MV set and ideally 220 Dex and 70 resists if you're doing big pulls - for a newbie area, this section is by far the most dangerous place I've come across in all my exploring so far. You tele in to a big open area and when I do big WW pulls, I end up with ~18-24 mobs in a pile and my HP looks like a Yo-Yo as I spam bandages. Having like 6 succubi on you is terrifying.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

funny...

the dude is killing ettins and you guys tell him to go to some of the toughest places

strange sort of relative skill perception

not only are you gonna want to level your weapon but your going to want to make half decent money as well
i'd recommend liches, demons, ice fiends

you might even be able to tackle dragon on its own

try and peel these mobs off to fight them one at a time though

when i was in a similar position i ran a circuit of demon temple on fire isle / deceit liches / hedge maze demons / lvl 2 ice dungeon where the ice fiends are
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Geriatric wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:28 pm
funny...

the dude is killing ettins and you guys tell him to go to some of the toughest places

strange sort of relative skill perception
Mhm we warned about mobs, in those though places. He must know better than me, what he can kill. moonglow and deceit isn't tough. But yeah, he needs weapon with hit lightning, or peacemaking, or be able to cast spells, if want to go fel. Remember my first meeting with umm :D
Yeah Eremite is right, Mistvale should be priority.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

There are other areas in MistVale which aren't near as deadly as the undead place I mentioned if you need to ramp up the difficulty.

There's one full of random skeletons, zombies and low-level undead that is a good start. High mob density and can be a little painful if you don't have resists as a lot of them are caster types (shades, wraiths, etc).

And another area that's just hell hounds/cats and gargoyles - mob density in this one is super low making it useless for farming almost immediately, but it's the easiest section.

The Daemon section has lots more walls and stuff to duck behind but it's again filled with lots of casters - a decent step up from the first one I mentioned.

The last section's pretty much worthless unless you get it for a kill quest. It's filled with like, poison elementals, various casters, and bone demons. The bone demons have more HP than a balron and take a year to kill - they can't be provoked and they drop paltry amounts of gold. Since they spawn everywhere, there's no real reason to ever go into this area.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Well I'm well past mistvale. I started playing here 2019-2021, and stopped after a while and started playing again recently.

been having decent luck in doom, the initial pull of clockwork skeles and bats is nice. then i go for mummies, lichs, lich lords.
blackstone from the ILV guild