Magery on Pets

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Magery on Pets

Post by Tribecca »

If a pet has 99 Magery, does it need regs in its pack to use it?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Magery on Pets

Post by Wil »

No regs needed. However, casting pets do less damage per second because it takes too long to cast.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

Doesn't need regs at 99 magery? Or doesn't ever need regs? I've had a few pets with the Magery skill, but it never seems to go up at all and they only attack.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Your pets will cast Magic (Magery), if you sick them on something (all kill) and if you dont put them back on guard duty, and they get attacked by another monster, they will continue to cast magic randomly. For whatever reason, the script on this server for them to guard you, does not include them auto casting magic (if they have it) I wish it did.

Also, Wil is half correct on the DPS of them only attacking, and not casting since its slower. Some pets vs some Monsters, do far more damage with magic, than they do with physical hits. An example of this, would be a Dragon vs anything with physical resistances that are extremely high. Like the Master of the Arts champion. (Many more examples of this exist, but im to lazy to jot them all down) Bottom line, magic can be useful in the right situations for a pet to have, and use.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Eremite wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:53 am
Doesn't need regs at 99 magery? Or doesn't ever need regs? I've had a few pets with the Magery skill, but it never seems to go up at all and they only attack.
Some pets (like noble steeds) have a breath attack that doesn't actually use magery. Because they don't use magery, the skill never goes up.

AFAIK, pets never need regs to cast, just mana.