Next Auction Items

Name says it all
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Next Auction Items

Post by Cezzar »

Can items be announced far in advance?
For example, a month ago or a few weeks ago.
So we can hold the currency in advance accordingly.
And of course motivation :)

I think this will increase prices :twisted:
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Next Auction Items

Post by Johnny Warren »

Wouldn't surprise me if +C decides to cancel auctions outright, or as Turnabout suggested, at least no longer auction out the serious top-end items after all the super rich making our forum look like the worst of the sub reddit threads. *Hangs head in shame* :cry: Particularly with the recent acknowledgement of widespread collusion at said auctions, making them not the gold sinks they're supposed to be. We don't deserve auctions any more.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Batman
Novice Scribe

Post by Batman »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:44 am
Wouldn't surprise me if +C decides to cancel auctions outright, or as Turnabout suggested, at least no longer auction out the serious top-end items after all the super rich making our forum look like the worst of the sub reddit threads. *Hangs head in shame* :cry: Particularly with the recent acknowledgement of widespread collusion at said auctions, making them not the gold sinks they're supposed to be. We don't deserve auctions any more.
I've never bought anything from the auction and I think its not collusion if couple players make a deal on what items they want from auction.

Do those players have power to stop me donating 500€ and sell Ed's for gold and try bid for like Ancient Weap? Nop. :mrgreen:
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Batman
Novice Scribe

Post by Batman »

Kairoz
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Kairoz »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:44 am
Particularly with the recent acknowledgement of widespread collusion at said auctions, making them not the gold sinks they're supposed to be. We don't deserve auctions any more.
With all due respect, i can't believe that your are now supporting this rude fallacy... and the last sentence, sounds like such a poor judgment of things, possibly made at an emotional moment, perhaps?

Cezzar wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:16 pm
So we can hold the currency in advance accordingly.
And of course motivation :)
Uh, isn't it quite the opposite maybe? I mean, just the announcement of an auction isn't enough to make people hold a little bit to their currency? Who is going to spend a lot knowing that there is a up coming auction in view? I particularly think that the revealing of the itens to be auctioned just a few moments before the auction is exciting :) My opinion. Thanks
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Kairoz wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:16 pm
With all due respect, i can't believe that your are now supporting this rude fallacy... and the last sentence, sounds like such a poor judgment of things, possibly made at an emotional moment, perhaps?
Especially considering that John Warren himself made such agreements with other players.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Statement was definitely made whilst feeling a little emotional, Kairoz. This whole forum thing and the nasty stuff that's happened and been said because of people's differing opinions on balrons is shameful to behold and I am saddened by it. Hence using the *hangs head in shame* in my post.... I wasn't excusing my part of this. Wouldn't surprise me if +c is equally as disappointed as I am in the way we've conducted ourselves and doles out some community wide punishment in the form of reduced auctions/items. Maybe only auction deco stuff for the next few years until the community settles down a bit and stops being so hateful...

Yes, I have Muolke. Not to the extent of others, but I am always keen to know what items people are after and see what my competition will be like on items I want, including not bidding on something someone wants if they return the favour. I said widespread collusion, insinuating it is more players than just you. Definitely wasn't trying to say only you do it. Naming and shaming players never helps any cause and is part of why these threads have got so ugly. Back in the day we had forum etiquette where players names were always spared scrutiny and actions were discussed.

Again, sadly it seems ugly is the new normal around here so I will be avoiding said threads moving forward. Hopefully we can start leaving personal insults out, character names out of discussion and start being more positive and productive. I know that's my plan moving forward.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Couldn't stay away from this. Doesn't matter, woman, game, achievments, substance's its all dopamine.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Yeh, it's all dopamine... but some dopamine habits are worth more than others.. and this bickering over a game that could be shut down tomorrow, or even years from now (ya never know), isn't worth the small amount of dopamine it's giving. Especially, since it will have been for absolutely nothing, when that day comes. *shrugs*

Games where meant for escaping the real world.. not bringing that real world stupidity, into the escape. Thats like sitting in a kiddy pool during Summer, and not getting up to use the restroom ... I dunno about you.. but I don't like relieving my self in my comfort zone..

But what do I know? Maybe UO just isn't worth the dopamine, if you have to create an air of "Stink". But I doubt any of you have the guts to walk away from something that's lost it's enjoyment factor for you. To much pride.. maybe ego? who knows.. but it's pretty "Retarded"..

You guys suck the enjoyment out of the game with mostly your attitudes, not the rest of it. Script Farming, Auctions, ect... None of which are the core problem past the odor your elitist behavior brings.. Get a life people.. it's a game.
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cezzar »

yes this is a game. and actually most people don't come here to be very successful actors. Or to buy everything that no one has. By talking about in-game issues, we all accept that this is a game.
Let people calm down and play their game. Everyone knows that there is a life out there and it goes on. I think by writing this you are reminding yourself, not us.
I am a 5 years uoex player. The best decision I made was not to look at the forums much :)

''WTB that item''
''WTS other item''
''Let's make an event''
''Let's do champs''
How can it be so complicated to do that?

Do or not. If you're enjoying it, do it, if not, take a long break.
beanerman
Master Scribe

Post by beanerman »

If +C does end up stopping the auctions I'll never play again or donate. The auctions are the only reason I still gather gold. Now if he were to say add mote end game items to the ed room I would spend all my gold and buy ed. I would also donate more just to obtain the items I can never get at the auctions
The almost famous Mr. J
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I can’t imagine him stopping the auctions and to my knowledge he hasn’t said he will.
TDC Guild
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Melkor wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:30 pm
I can’t imagine him stopping the auctions and to my knowledge he hasn’t said he will.
It was just 1 disgruntled player that suggested that Colibri stop doing auctions.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Speaking of auction. I thought we were going to have one this weekend?