Rent Seeking Behavior

Name says it all
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Re: Rent Seeking Behavior

Post by Nick »

Those of you that think Muolke made his billions on bally spawn and now wants to nurf it so no one else can are hilariously wrong... many of us have said for a decade + that the bally rune script hunting routs need nurffed because the contribute nothing to the game and feed inflation with no plus side in relation to shard growth. I didn't like it so I wrote a Razor script and perfected it (is about 85-90% as effceant as the orrain) and I published it (like 3 years ago) to try and flood it with people and make it less profitable and maybe get more people to realize it should be fixed. Not enough people use razor so it didn't have much of and affect, but I tried. Anyone wants it offer still stands... works well for hands free leveling or just high value script farming. Kinda hard to set up for yourself because razor is clunky and not user fiendly.

If you want a few billion gold you can get there easy by donating missive amounts (to some of us for others its pocket change) and while that (like script farming) is a rout to quick wealth with little to no actual game play it has a massive plus side in that it pays for us free loaders to keep enjoying our free game.

We changed the rules regarding AFK buying items from Vendors (though its not very well enforced) which ended the 100s of millions of gold profits some of us were making on arrows/cloth ect. We also added in GM items to discourage the practice. We should change the function of recall spells.

5 second penalty for every travel spell used over 1 in a 1min (I say 5 but maybe 1min would work) you go a whole min with out using a travel spell one penalty burns off... you go another min another penalty burns off (kinda like murder count just faster). Barely any inconvenience for those who are playing the game, pretty much a complete road block to rune script hands free resource gathering.

As far as colluding to suppress prices at an Auction or suppress [exex prices its not a issue its perfectly legal Ill do it at the next auction I'll even post a full "confession" on the forum and nothing will happen other then Wil being sad/angry because real world google law degrees and links to articles do not actually mean anything in our virtually world.

Also, Banana
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Should i watch on all what he write through Rent Seeking Behavior glasses? Hm how could recall cooldown make Nick to stay rich. Ok he is Wyatt Earp of bee's so he don't need recall spells, what makes me to conclude that someone using recall spells is starting to step on he's heels.
Don't take close to heart, just being witty :P
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

*buuuuUUUUuuuuurrrpp.....*
Attachments
82416175.jpg
82416175.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Games where meant for escaping the real world.. not bringing that real world stupidity, into the escape. Thats like sitting in a kiddy pool during Summer, and not getting up to use the restroom ... I dunno about you.. but I don't like relieving my self in my comfort zone..
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

And just a heads up.. no.. I don't care about any of your feelings, nor do I care about the repercussions of my speaking my mind about speaking against any of you. The majority of you have been less than polite to me, for years on this server. (I can't say everyone, but just about everyone on these recent forum threads.) I have no respect for players who muck everything up, because they need to feel like they have more power than they do.. It's a game, play it, or find something more interesting.. You guys are making it harder on the rest of the player base.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Please stop the double posting Dirtybook. Get some forum etiquette. Your recent contributions are a general "You are all losers. Get a life". Contribute, or don't bother. Edit posts instead of shamelessly trying to increase your post count. This isn't 1994 anymore, use a forum properly.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Hey John Warren... shut up.. your not important..
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i do kind of share the sentiment of you're all losers...
i have nothing but contempt and disdain for all of you lecherous miscreants
i bet the lot of you eat pizza with a knife and fork
i bet none of you seperates your whites from colours (this is a laundry reference so you super woke types can sit the hell down)
i bet none of you stub your cigarette out properly after smoking, you just leave it there smoldering and letting the filter burn
i bet none of you scrape the excess food off your plates before putting it in the sink or dishwasher
i bet each and every one of you is the type of person that takes the last cookie out of a pack and puts the empty pack, back in the cupboard
i bet all of you think that using your indicator or blinker to change lanes is optional
look i forget where i was going with this but we need to find a way to change the topic somehow
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Geriatric wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:16 pm
look i forget where i was going with this but we need to find a way to change the topic somehow
You do understand this is a message forum, not world chat? Topics are neatly separated into threads, so if you don't want to listen to or participate in a particular discussion, just don't click its thread. As I write this there are active topics about Orion, Beekeeping, and Fishing. And if you don't like those you can start another.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:16 pm
Kairoz wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:06 pm
What confession?? Confession of what??
What the hell are you talking about??
Bid rigging. Keep up man, we've been talking about it for the last 30 posts.
Kairoz wrote:
what is you trying to prove here anyways dude???
That despite his protestations, Muolke is precisely the sort of slippery conniver that would engage in Rent Seeking Behavior: trying to convince +C to make rule changes that disadvantage his competitors while being neutral or favorable to him. That his recent arguments and behavior around changes to the Balrons should be viewed through that lens.
From my point of view, when this kind of nerf is implemented everybody will lose a potential source of income, not only his competitors. He likes so much competition, IDK why he's not running his beautiful script while looking all day long to a screen to not get caught AFK.
The Skilled Image.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Turnabout wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:57 pm
Wil wrote:
Kairoz wrote:
What confession?? Confession of what??
What the hell are you talking about??
Kairoz wrote:
what is you trying to prove here anyways dude???
That despite his protestations, Muolke is precisely the sort of slippery conniver that would engage in Rent Seeking Behavior: trying to convince +C to make rule changes that disadvantage his competitors while being neutral or favorable to him. That his recent arguments and behavior around changes to the Balrons should be viewed through that lens.
From my point of view, when this kind of nerf is implemented everybody will lose a potential source of income, not only his competitors. He likes so much competition, IDK why he's not running his beautiful script while looking all day long to a screen to not get caught AFK.
All I did was get an Orion balron farming script and offer it for sale. I’m not trying to convince Colibri to do anything…

I don’t run the Balron script because I have several farming spots and other general activities that earn me more than Balron farming.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Muolke wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:03 pm
Turnabout wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:57 pm
Wil wrote:

All I did was get an Orion balron farming script and offer it for sale. I’m not trying to convince Colibri to do anything…

I don’t run the Balron script because I have several farming spots and other general activities that earn me more than Balron farming.
So you have not a single valid reason to ask for a balron farming nerf. Period.

EDIT: added the word "nerf" to complete the sentence.
The Skilled Image.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Turnabout wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:08 pm

I didn’t ask for a Balron nerf but I do support it for many of the same reason Nick of Old listen in his post and also for one of the reasons Colibri mentioned about how it makes it more difficult for staff to AFK check a player that’s bouncing around every 2 seconds.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Muolke wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:27 pm
Turnabout wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:08 pm

I didn’t ask for a Balron nerf but I do support it
I don't. Simply because we don't have so many farming spots. Since you are "supporting" a nerf, and not even to the most profitable spot (your words), my concern is that after the first nerf suddenly we start to face people asking to nerf everything.
for many of the same reason Nick of Old listen in his post and also for one of the reasons Colibri mentioned about how it makes it more difficult for staff to AFK check a player that’s bouncing around every 2 seconds.
If the problem is the inefficient "AFK check system" then the priority should be to fix it. Nerfing the recall spell or the XYX farming spot isn't the right solution.

Edit: fixing quotes for better reading.
Last edited by Turnabout on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Skilled Image.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
How are you not getting this? If YOU farmed Balrons as heavily as your competitors, and derived your wealth from doing so, an accusation of rent seeking behavior wouldn't make a lot of sense. For Rent Seeking Behavior, your competitors have to be harmed more by the proposed rule change than you are. I mean, it's theoretically possible to engage in Rent Seeking Behavior simply because you're better prepared for the rule change than your competitors, but that's uncommon.

When you point out that you don't do much balron farming and haven't derived your wealth from that, you hold up a sign that says, "I agree that my rule change advocacy looks exactly like rent seeking behavior."
Muolke wrote:
I’m not trying to convince Colibri to do anything…
Muolke wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:25 am
My suggestions is to drop the range of gold dropped by Balrons and Lurgs to the 1,000-2,000 gold range.
Muolke wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:53 pm
The objective should be to have it so you can’t just pop in and out of different places and earn 2,000-8,000 gold by hitting a mob 2-3 times.
Muolke wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:13 pm
My conviction in simply reducing gold drops by Balrons is because they’re the outlier here