Rent Seeking Behavior

Name says it all
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Re: Rent Seeking Behavior

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:54 pm

Asked and answered. I provided multiple government and scholarly references explaining what bid collusion is at an auction and why it's a disallowed form of bid-rigging. You provided no references to anything that might describe a situation in which bid collusion in an auction could be okay, certainly none mirroring your own behavior. Instead, you have retreated to the specious claim that it isn't specifically spelled out in the UOEX Codex, implying that anything the codex doesn't spell out in detail must be okay.
Dude...are you really this dense and delusional? This is a game. What you reference has absolutely ZERO meaning in this game. We go around killing stuff which in the real world can be considered murder...apply your logic to that? Actually please don't because any rational person reading your posts is probably wondering if A) You need professional help or B) You just don't get out enough
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:30 pm
Dude...are you really this dense and delusional? This is a game. What you reference has absolutely ZERO meaning in this game. We go around killing stuff which in the real world can be considered murder...apply your logic to that?
What we do in-game is LARP for the lazy. Playacting. Are you suggesting that at in-game auctions we should be play-acting corruption?
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

i guess the bidding collusion thing isnt stated in writing but i do know that back in 2014-2015 nyx made it clear that colluding in that was was against the rules. maybe some older players will remember it too. that said i didnt really take it very seriously at the time since it was the kinda rule that would be very hard to enforce. so easy to work out the agreements outside of the server on icq or whatever. plnning ot out ingame through pms well that wouldnt be smart.
probably one of those rules that wasnt really enforced unless someone was dumb enough to talk about it ingame. also one of those rules maybe colibri felt wasnt worth the effort to enforce.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

culichi wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:59 pm
i guess the bidding collusion thing isnt stated in writing but i do know that back in 2014-2015 nyx made it clear that colluding in that was was against the rules. maybe some older players will remember it too. that said i didnt really take it very seriously at the time since it was the kinda rule that would be very hard to enforce. so easy to work out the agreements outside of the server on icq or whatever. plnning ot out ingame through pms well that wouldnt be smart.
probably one of those rules that wasnt really enforced unless someone was dumb enough to talk about it ingame. also one of those rules maybe colibri felt wasnt worth the effort to enforce.
First off, there's no written rule in the codex against 2 players telling each other "I won't bid on this item if you won't bid on mine". Second, look at the price of auction items and then with a straight face tell me that it has had any impact on pricing. If you follow the pricing trendlines for the big ticket items they keep going up and up. The last 3 totems sold at auction went for 700-850 million gold each. I bought mine 2-3 years ago for a little over 200 mil gold. Titan Hammers sold for 100 mil gold and now sell for over 200 mil gold. It's honestly ridiculous we're even having this discussion but this is exactly what Wil wants...because he's as ridiculous as this discussion.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

culichi wrote:
i do know that back in 2014-2015 nyx made it clear that colluding in that was was against the rules. maybe some older players will remember it too.
I remember that too, though I didn't pay much attention at the time since I was a rank newb who couldn't afford auctions anyway. +Nyx was a real disciplinarian.
culichi wrote:
probably one of those rules that wasnt really enforced unless someone was dumb enough to talk about it ingame.
Heh.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:35 pm
culichi wrote:
i do know that back in 2014-2015 nyx made it clear that colluding in that was was against the rules. maybe some older players will remember it too.
I didn't pay much attention at the time since I was a rank newb who couldn't afford auctions anyway.
Looks like in 8 years not much has changed for you...maybe that's why you're so jealous of other players.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:43 pm
maybe that's why you're so jealous of other players.
You're just mad that you're not one of the players I'm jealous of. :P
Kairoz
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Kairoz »

Ok. That is enough for me. This argument Wil is trying to shove down everyone's throat is absolutery ridiculous. It is insane and insulting to everyone's inteligence here. The point this guy is trying to make is absolutely rethorical and his intentions are outrageous. It is actually so insane, it makes me sick. Everyone that felt like considering to buy all this bulshit should be embarassed right now, such a delusional perspective which has ZERO convergence to reality, only in his stupid mind. I've had ENOUGH of this guy.

All the people who knows me in game, all my friends, all the people who i once did business with or helped or got to know me at any instance, KNOWS that i NEVER, EVER raised my voice against anyone, because you know i am a very kind and respectful person, includind +C must know that... but quite frankly, this is the ultimate meaning of the word ABSURD. This post has became one of the most shameful demonstrations of petyness instilled by an individual i have ever read inside a community. This has to stop!

The only thing which is factual about it all is: TWO FRIENDS in a game deciding not to bid against each other in order to show respect to each others wishes. It doesn't have anything to do with a collective purpose to break economic rules, scam other people or anything this poor minded fellow is trying to force down here. It just a trivial agreement between two people about what they want to TRY to buy in an auction (even regarding the possibility that another person outbid that and take the item anyway). So i ask again, what the hell this guy is trying to prove here, what does this have to do with anybody else interests, and what should anyone care about it?

Ridiculous situation. If anyone feels like supporting this bulshit, know that you are being instanly fooled by an rethorical scheme proposing by this guy, unless you are yourself imbued with pervese intentions towards someone, which is making you assume all this absurds in order to provoque even more crisis and miscompreehension amongst people here!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Kairoz wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:52 pm
The only thing which is factual about it all is: TWO FRIENDS in a game deciding not to bid against each other in order to show respect to each others wishes.
Since you've forgotten, here's what Muolke actually confessed to:
Muolke wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:56 pm
Not at all because Zanzi was #1 on the auction list, Kairoz was #2, and ZeeeQi was #4 on that list...and guess what? We've all had multiple non-compete agreements on auction items and worked together to get the items we wanted.
So a little more than two best buds agreeing to skip an item or two.
Last edited by Wil on Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kairoz
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Kairoz »

So WHAT, dude??
What confession?? Confession of what??
What the hell are you talking about??

Me and all this guys are friends, this doenst have anything to do with anyone else, what is you trying to prove here anyways dude???

Really, guys.... this guy is making crazy. I am out of this. This is sickening.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Kairoz wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:06 pm

Me and all this guys are friends, this doenst have anything to do with anyone else, what is you trying to prove here anyways dude???
It's actually quite easy to figure this out. Just as in real life, Wil doesn't have friends in game either. So he can't possibly understand any of this.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Kairoz wrote:
What confession?? Confession of what??
What the hell are you talking about??
Bid rigging. Keep up man, we've been talking about it for the last 30 posts.
Kairoz wrote:
what is you trying to prove here anyways dude???
That despite his protestations, Muolke is precisely the sort of slippery conniver that would engage in Rent Seeking Behavior: trying to convince +C to make rule changes that disadvantage his competitors while being neutral or favorable to him. That his recent arguments and behavior around changes to the Balrons should be viewed through that lens.
Kairoz
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Kairoz »

+C please give this guy a "Defender of Excelsior Economy" Shirt and close this post, for Christ sake. This going out of reality already. Thank you. I'm totally out of here.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:26 pm
culichi wrote:
First off, there's no written rule in the codex against 2 players telling each other "I won't bid on this item if you won't bid on mine". Second, look at the price of auction items and then with a straight face tell me that it has had any impact on pricing. If you follow the pricing trendlines for the big ticket items they keep going up and up. The last 3 totems sold at auction went for 700-850 million gold each. I bought mine 2-3 years ago for a little over 200 mil gold. Titan Hammers sold for 100 mil gold and now sell for over 200 mil gold. It's honestly ridiculous we're even having this discussion but this is exactly what Wil wants...because he's as ridiculous as this discussion.
im just sharing what i know was said by an admin in 2014-2015 your response has nothing to do with what i posted
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Post by Zeratul »

Wil lol…. Your ridiculous posts are atleast entertaining enough to make me want to check the forums a few times a day. This is a game lol. Sheeesh.