New here. What's the state of things?

Name says it all
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Re: New here. What's the state of things?

Post by MagicUser »

As in 3 accounts or 3 scripting clients?

More than 1 account isn't allowed.

I am not aware of a way to get more than 2 scripting clients to run at the same time for the same character. Multi-threaded scripts, sure. Orion and EasyUO both have multi-threading. Just 2 clients running at the same time, though? I am not sure of any setup besides UOSteam and EasyUO.
Geriatric wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:29 am
oh and tripple boxing is where you run 3 clients concurrently and all your movements and spells are played out all 3 clients at the same time
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

it requires 3 different characters, all logged in at once, so it would be 3 accounts

i know its not allowed here but people were asking what it was
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

MagicUser wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:00 am
As in 3 accounts or 3 scripting clients?
Most shards allow 3 accounts per player or household. Sometimes called "multiboxing," the "box" in tripleboxing is slang for a computer. Originally three computers, three keyboards, three monitors, 3 accounts logged in simultaneously on 3 clients with 3 scripting engines managed by a single player. Can be done with virtual machines these days or special tools.

Typically the player keeps most action on a primary character with hints whispered to the scripts running on the other two. When he needs the other accounts to take an action beyond the scripts' ability, he multitasks between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDYH8tIakY