Variable recall cooldown

Name says it all
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Re: Variable recall cooldown

Post by Muolke »

Kairoz wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:50 pm

First. I saw my name raised a few times. The ones who caught my attention were, one thing about how much i have spend in auctions in the last years, and another was me in a PM exchange with another player. Both things were very disturbing to me. Because they generate a lot of assumptions that are mostly inaccurate.
To me it was pretty offensive the idea of a correlation between gold x EDs donated in those numbers. I speak for myself. This fallacy implies me as someone who just donated thousands of euros to get to the auction prizes, which is completely false, i only donate 2 or 3 times a year, a very humble amount... that discredits all the hard work i do in this game for grinding (manually, i only got the famous balron script couple weeks ago and i dont run it too much), farming real hard, many hours per day, learning, developing my skills, always trying to feed the market with good and fair deals, specially for the newer players. That auction Data file causes a totally misconception about things, shouldn't never be brought up, totally mistake.
Also, it makes me very sad to see my words taken out of context to support ones arguments, without my previous consense. Is this suposed to be a standard practice now? To expose people with their own words with no warning? Because if it does, i say respect is totally dead toward those who do it. No matter what is being discussed, no matter who has reason or not, we must try to be respectful with one another, and preserve each others integrity.

Second I think its clear enough what is the real issue in here. The Balron script WAS something that was causing a imbalce to the economy, PRECISELY because it was something destined to belong to a group of few people who had the knowledge to build it, and for looooooooong time use it to grind unprecedent amounts of gold. Myself, i never had the knowledge for scriptting, but i also always wanted to see how a nice script works. When i had the opportunity to buy it, thanks to Muolke, i did it and don't regret it at all. But, it is clear, some people got their feelings hurt, and started this crusade to point fingers to faces and be the saviors of the economy (yes, the same people who used to earn millions a day by running it for entire daily periods, big laugh). Honestly, +C, it isnt about balrons loot or recalling cooldowns. This is about some peoples Egos hurt.
Kairoz hit the nail right on the head here.

These are the factual events that took place:

1. Months ago ZeeeQi asked for 600 million gold for his Balron script.

2. A few weeks ago Muolke offered to sell a very similar script for 30-40 million gold.

3. Up until Muolke offered to sell the script at a very reasonable price (about 5% of what ZeeeQi asked for it btw) only a couple of players had access to such script.

4. Kairoz purchased the script from Muolke, which btw Kairoz offered to buy before Muolke even made the script available for sale to the public.

5. Only AFTER ZeeeQi saw that multiple players were interested in buying the script did he make his own script available for free. He wants the community to have the perception that he was just trying to be a nice guy sharing with everyone but in reality it's because ZeeeQi didn't like the idea that someone else could profit from such script. It was minutes AFTER Muolke made an ad in world chat for the script that ZeeeQi got upset and dedided to make his script available on the forum. He was so upset that Muolke could have possibly made millions of gold selling his script that not only did ZeeeQi make his own script available on the forum for free but he actually went into the forum thread where Muolke was selling his script and made a post about him giving his away for free.

6. Kairoz was fully aware of the transaction he was making. He's been around for a few years and isn't a naive person. Kairoz made an investment and purchased the script from Muolke knowing the goal was to break the monopoly ZeeeQi (and a couple of his close friends) had and to this day doesn't regret his purchase nor does he feel like it was a scam. Meanwhile ZeeeQi is intentionally sending players private messages telling them that I scammed a player out of 30 million gold...along with his new buddy John Warren doing the same exact thing.

7. ZeeeQi then attempted to change the subject into "who has spent most at auctions" to once again deflect and try to make himself look better while attempting to make other players look bad. Including Zanzi who ZeeeQi threatened multiple times that he would have him banned via PM.

These are the FACTUAL events that took place. Ego is exactly why ZeeeQi and his posse are so upset over this whole thing. As if selling a script for 30 million gold is going to make much of a difference for Muolke in game. It's not. You know who it's going to make world of difference for? I'll let you take a guess.
Jebidia
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Jebidia »

I still say a ban on script farming would fix all the issues... :dance
A YAYA!!!!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Jebidia wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:54 pm
I still say a ban on script farming would fix all the issues.
Then it would no longer be the shard I joined, in part specifically because it openly and broadly allowed scripting. PvE and scripting. That's what drew me to Excelsior when so many shards were PvP and Razor-only.

I say this as someone who has, ironically, never scripted attacking monsters. I script bees. I script mining, lumberjacking and a bunch of other things. Just never got around to scripting balron farming. I'd hate for it to be banned before I do.
Jebidia
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Jebidia »

Oh, so it MUST be pushed to your best interests. ANY changes in the status quo will be a detriment to YOUR play style. Not that anyone else here plays differently than you. YOUR interests must take priority over all else....
A YAYA!!!!!
Jebidia
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Jebidia »

Wil...I not wanting to argue...Everyone has their play style. I personally have no issue with scripting bees, or mining, or LJacking. But, when we start scripting mobs, what is point of the game anymore. You just let your script play it for you. So, now it is not about playing a game...it is about how good a programmer you are or how good a programmer you know. So, instead of playing a game you are maybe watching an anime with bad graphics?
A YAYA!!!!!
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Personal attacks are rarely an effective means of promoting an idea.
Jebidia wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:34 pm
Oh, so it MUST be pushed to your best interests. ANY changes in the status quo will be a detriment to YOUR play style. Not that anyone else here plays differently than you. YOUR interests must take priority over all else....
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Jebidia wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:34 pm
This is not needed. As Wil said, excelsior has many cool things going for it. One of which is the expansive PvE environment and the ability to use scripts. The shard has thrived for over 15 years with these exact features. Changing it would 100% change the nature of the server. I use scripts because, honestly, I get a sore hand using the mouse. I would perform the same actions with or without the mouse, but to prevent the RSI I use scripts. UO has always had macros and scripting of some sort. The actual arguments you lay down are a little silly, nobody is suggesting a change to Wil's playstyle in these threads, he said he doesn't script fighting. Wil is also a valuable community member who has shared knowledge here for years, attacking him personally like that doesn't help anyone. If you think using scripts gives you a great advantage, then go ahead and use them, nobody is stopping you. If you don't like to do it because it doesn't suit your style, go ahead and don't use them, nobody is stopping you. ZeeeQi has generously made his balron farming script free. Anyone can use it and see how to adapt it to other mobs for fighting, or other purposes.
JOHNNY WARREN!
arni
Journeyman Scribe

Post by arni »

ButteryBiscuits wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:16 am

It's almost like the the people who ginned up the controversy this time were not ever really "looking out for the shard", but were looking to nerf one of the more used money-making methods here- that really would not affect them very much at all.

:lool:

yes yes yes
now they think the release of the script means +c doesn't have to do anything to fix the situation mission accomplished.
they can go about there game controlling the auction prices since there closest rivals just lost there incomes
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

You know, Arni, I have to say, if that's actually true, then I have to just be amused by the situation it's self. Honestly, if there is a "Power Struggle", between the wealthiest people on this server, then I just have to ask those people... "Don't you people have lives??" I mean honestly! :lol: I mean common.. being the best at an old video game, and monopolizing a virtual world economy (that doesn't make you any thing in RL), is like fighting for the front seat, on a Special Ed short bus...

Plus, this is +C's server.. You guys shouldn't be dictating terms, on a server that you don't own.. I'm positive from the last 3+ years iv been on here, that whatever +C decides to do, regardless, will only effect the top 5% of players that only stay here, because of how easy they have had it.. Yes, this place has allowed scripts.. but take away the overly easy use of it, and you guys will head out to eat each other.. I can't believe I was ever intimidated by anyone on this server! But mind you, I barely touched the internet in 10 years before logging back here.. So that probably had a lot to do with that being a issue for me personally. (wasn't used to online behavior)

However +C decides to deal with this, it won't destroy his server.. I can guarantee that.. and furthermore, if you guys are bickering over wealth, when you have more than everyone else.. then maybe log off? Watch a sunset? Maybe go some where? Unplug for a while? I dunno? plenty you could be doing.. OR! Scary thought here!... Go to another server! Become Awesome there! ... but above all of it .. shut up already! Or don't.. I have plenty of popcorn.. :roll:
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Plenty of what arni says is true, the richest on shard complaining because up and comers are gaining wealth and might challenge them at auction...

This, is good advice:
Dirtybook wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:52 pm
maybe log off? Watch a sunset? Maybe go some where? Unplug for a while? I dunno? but above all of it .. shut up already! Or don't.. I have plenty of popcorn.. :roll:
I always take the time to see the sun rise and fall each day.
Image This was yesterday afternoon sunlight and dust from a nearby car. Spent the afternoon swimming in our local creek with my kids.

This was 2 days ago, morning, looking east from my house..

My dog and backyarrd, looking west 2 days ago. Sky has been making some very aesthetically pleasing colours, unplugging andn going outside is a must.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Jebidia
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Jebidia »

Personal attacks are rarely an effective means of promoting an idea.

If you had read the second post, you might have seen I was just making a point. However, I can see that is not welcome here...
A YAYA!!!!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Jebidia wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:24 am
If you had read the second post, you might have seen I was just making a point. However, I can see that is not welcome here...
Point of clarification... when you said "Oh, so it MUST be pushed to your best interests" were you responding to me or to someone else? It really looks like you were responding to my post which immediately preceded yours.

I find it helps to quote at least a small part of the post I reply to, just to clarify where in the conversation my comments are meant to begin.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:26 pm
Plenty of what arni says is true, the richest on shard complaining because up and comers are gaining wealth and might challenge them at auction...
This is actually despicable of you to say John Warren because you know it isn’t true. You used to be what many viewed as “Lawfully Good” in game and did a really good job at remaining neutral and not showing bias. Clearly that’s out the door.

Your intentions here are pretty clear. You’re sucking up to your new in game BFF. That’s all there is to it. You used to be against balron farming and we’re very vocal about your opposition to it when Lion and his guild had a monopoly on it. Now that it’s your guild mate you turn the other way for personal gain. What’s the definition of a hypocrite?

Kairoz and Zanzi have both spent considerably more than I have at auction. If it had anything to do with what you say then I’d be going after them. Wouldn’t I?

Your post is not only a complete fallacy, but now the reputation you’ve built over the years in the community is tarnished because of your recent positions on this matter.

You go as far as saying that ZeeeQi releasing his script was “generous”. No, that’s not being generous. Someone that is generous doesn’t ask for 600,000,000 gold for his script and then release it ONLY AFTER I find someone to write a similar script and offer it for sale myself. That’s called being opportunistic and having a damaged ego. Kind of what you’re doing right now.

You parade around UOEX as if you’re some type of morally superior individual and you could have made an argument for that up until this point. But that’s not the case anymore. Your recent posts show that you’re just after what’s best for John Warren now. I’m sure your guildmate, the guy you share vendor ownership with, and the guy who gives you hundreds of millions in gold to bid for items at auction will reward you dearly. Or at least I hope he does, it would be quite the sham for you to throw away your reputation for naught.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

This topic started out so positive. I think anyone is free to share their opinion on on game mechanics or anything else. Now it is turned into whatever this is....so nasty.

Since we are on the topic of spending on auctions. It was great that Zee took the time to share what we all spent. But not sure if everyone understand what people spent is just that. It does not take into consideration how many people resell their auction items. Muolke sold his bow, Kairoz sold so many...if not all his stuffs...So just basing on what people spent at auction and be upset over that makes no sense.
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

Agreed. If people want to feud, meet in PVP area, or in r/l. 😏