Variable recall cooldown

Name says it all
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Re: Variable recall cooldown

Post by Zeratul »

Folks. Lol. I’ve been here for 12 years and I can’t help but pop some popcorn when this topic is brought up. Before it was this group of naughty balron farmers there were others. When I joined this server a dude named Geo Fizzle was the balron farmer. When he left the server, Luxe was the farmer. Now it looks like a lot of farmers are out there enjoying the fast money.

Let’s get to the root of the issue. I’ve had a script since 2016…but I’ve never ran it 8 hours a day. I think it’s ridiculous that someone thinks it’s ok to run a script for 8 hours a day. Is it against codex? No, not if they are “watching their screen”. Is it a slimy move? Yes it is.

The way that I see it is that it looks like a few people are butthurt that the days of AFK balron farming while making millions of gold on a daily basis are coming to an end.

How do we fix this? In my opinion, the short term answer is to delay the recall server wide to 2-4 seconds max while +C can implement a new automated AFK check system. Should everyone be allowed to play the way they want? Sure. However, people need to understand that the codex speaks directly to being away from their keyboard. If that person is actually watching their screen for 8 hours a day…good for you. However, we all know most are not. :verymad:

Most importantly, free the hues!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Zanzi wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:10 am
This topic started out so positive. I think anyone is free to share their opinion on on game mechanics or anything else. Now it is turned into whatever this is....so nasty.
True. :cry:

@Muolke - many comments, but none about the sunrise/set pics :cry:
JOHNNY WARREN!
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Post by ZeeeQi »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:49 am
Johnny Warren wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:26 pm
Plenty of what arni says is true, the richest on shard complaining because up and comers are gaining wealth and might challenge them at auction...
This is actually despicable of you to say John Warren because you know it isn’t true. You used to be what many viewed as “Lawfully Good” in game and did a really good job at remaining neutral and not showing bias. Clearly that’s out the door.

Your intentions here are pretty clear. You’re sucking up to your new in game BFF. That’s all there is to it. You used to be against balron farming and we’re very vocal about your opposition to it when Lion and his guild had a monopoly on it. Now that it’s your guild mate you turn the other way for personal gain. What’s the definition of a hypocrite?

Kairoz and Zanzi have both spent considerably more than I have at auction. If it had anything to do with what you say then I’d be going after them. Wouldn’t I?

Your post is not only a complete fallacy, but now the reputation you’ve built over the years in the community is tarnished because of your recent positions on this matter.

You go as far as saying that ZeeeQi releasing his script was “generous”. No, that’s not being generous. Someone that is generous doesn’t ask for 600,000,000 gold for his script and then release it ONLY AFTER I find someone to write a similar script and offer it for sale myself. That’s called being opportunistic and having a damaged ego. Kind of what you’re doing right now.

You parade around UOEX as if you’re some type of morally superior individual and you could have made an argument for that up until this point. But that’s not the case anymore. Your recent posts show that you’re just after what’s best for John Warren now. I’m sure your guildmate, the guy you share vendor ownership with, and the guy who gives you hundreds of millions in gold to bid for items at auction will reward you dearly. Or at least I hope he does, it would be quite the sham for you to throw away your reputation for naught.
For the final time, my script was never for sale for 600m, stop tryinig to say it was.

Also, I have never loaned JW gold, in fact I owe him gold, and you knew this as well. Yet you still posted the lies. You are always being deceptive for your own ends.

I am done with these threads.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

zeeeqi wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:43 pm
For the final time, my script was never for sale for 600m, stop tryinig to say it was.

Also, I have never loaned JW gold, in fact I owe him gold, and you knew this as well. Yet you still posted the lies. You are always being deceptive for your own ends.
1. You already admitted in another post you told another player you wanted 600 million for it. At least get your story straight.

2. I didn’t say you loaned JW gold. Maybe your reading comprehension needs a little work.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:34 pm
1. You already admitted in another post you told another player you wanted 600 million for it. At least get your story straight.
Sometimes after I've told a headhunter that I'm not interested in the job they have for me, they'll respond asking for my hourly rate. Personally, I think that's insulting. The time to talk money is after both parties have an interest in each other and a clear idea of each others' expectations.

While I could say, "What part of 'no' didn't you understand," I find humor in the old saw that "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." I quote a high enough number that I'd deign to do whatever the work turns out to be. So far, none have taken me up on the offer.

Zeeeqi has already told you that when pestered for his script he picked an intentionally unreasonable number in lieu of saying flat no. if you think he's lying, I guess you can call him a liar. Either way I think you should stop trying to spin his statement as something other than what it was.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I see your point about asking for a price you know someone would not reasonably able to pay. But if they are willing, would you turn them down at that point?

None of us truly know what he was going to do if someone had said yes. So none of us should assume anything. And why release the script for free now? Is it just to stop someone else from profiting? I asked the question because I don’t know the motive.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i imagine he releaased the script for free now because he didn't want to see other people get ripped off to the tune of 60 mil
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Zanzi wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:57 am
I see your point about asking for a price you know someone would not reasonably able to pay. But if they are willing, would you turn them down at that point?
Of course not. When someone pesters you to sell and then accepts the unreasonable offer, you take the money and run. Just ask the former owners of Twitter.
Last edited by Wil on Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Geriatric wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:08 am
i imagine he releaased the script for free now because he didn't want to see other people get ripped off to the tune of 60 mil
First off, nobody was selling a script for 60 million. Second, even if the script was for sale for 60 million why would they be getting ripped off?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:00 am

Zeeeqi has already told you that when pestered for his script he picked an intentionally unreasonable number in lieu of saying flat no. if you think he's lying, I guess you can call him a liar. Either way I think you should stop trying to spin his statement as something other than what it was.
I don't think anyone was pestering ZeeeQi for his script. He was asked to sell it. That's all.

The timing of recent events also suggests that ZeeeQi didn't release his script out of the kindness of his own heart. It literally took another player selling a very similar script, for just a fraction what he was asking for his, for him to release his script...simply because he didn't want another player profiting off of it.

Sometimes it's not just about "what" happened but "why" it happened.

You can accept the excuse ZeeeQi gave for it just as others may reasonably question his motives.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:06 am
Geriatric wrote:
First off, nobody was selling a script for 60 million. Second, even if the script was for sale for 60 million why would they be getting ripped off?
cos 60 million is a fortune to someone who doesnt have a balron script
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Geriatric wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:43 am
So if you can’t afford something then it’s a ripoff?
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Post by Zeratul »

Geriatric wrote:
I think it’s clear the script was released for free as a spiteful way of saying “good luck making any profit now.”
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Zeratul wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:54 am
Geriatric wrote:
I think it’s clear the script was released for free as a spiteful way of saying “good luck making any profit now.”
It’s interesting you say this because when my script was first sold to Kairoz you’d have ZeeeQi polymorth at the Balrons in an effort to have my player detection fail and attack a creature he was already attacking. It’s what you would call entrapment because it was purposely done for that specific reason.

Then I had the script updated so it would recognize a player regardless of what form they were in…and shortly after ZeeeQi posted his script on the forum.

If you follow the timeline of events you’ll see exactly why ZeeeQi posted his script on the forum. It’s no secret that ZeeeQi and Kairoz didn’t see eye to eye and when Kairoz bought my script from me ZeeeQi had to do something to get back at him.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:55 am
Geriatric wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:43 am
So if you can’t afford something then it’s a ripoff?
i think that if 60 million is a perfectly reasonable amount to pay for a script that kills balrons
the implication being you can easily make your money back

then balrons are far too lucrative