Variable recall cooldown

Name says it all
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Re: Variable recall cooldown

Post by Muolke »

Geriatric wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:13 pm

i dont have a problem with people donating for ED's im just not to keen on the fact that it requires ED's to buy relayers and other such items that make your character more powerful
You do need EDs to get relayers etc but EDs can be purchased from ExEx with gold, you can also get free EDs by voting every day, win EDs via the Trinsic raffles, or even with the trivia that K+ hosts from time to time.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

So some of you are asking to completely change game styles because of some players who have extra time? I wont be able to log in check champ spawns fast travel to a bank and my house in a few minutes before starting my normal routine ? IDOC event? Mining? Gathering? Trading? Missclicking a rune?!! Please stop asking for ridiculous things that will alter game mechanics. Have you any idea how many recalls people do while not bally farming?

If you really "feel" or "believe" that something should be done than the only viable idea would be the "no fly zone" over balrons... Someone posted here or in another thread (because there are several for some reason). Personally I think we should be able to go inside but not come out if it were the case.

Has Will said, if you are anti-scripting, this may not be the adequate server...

I just hope that +C has better cense than many here...
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

Silent wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:25 am
So some of you are asking to completely change game styles because of some players who have extra time? I wont be able to log in check champ spawns fast travel to a bank and my house in a few minutes before starting my normal routine ? IDOC event? Mining? Gathering? Trading? Missclicking a rune?!! Please stop asking for ridiculous things that will alter game mechanics. Have you any idea how many recalls people do while not bally farming?

If you really "feel" or "believe" that something should be done than the only viable idea would be the "no fly zone" over balrons... Someone posted here or in another thread (because there are several for some reason). Personally I think we should be able to go inside but not come out if it were the case.
I agree that too many things would be disrupted by a nerf of travel. I am a novice scripter, but even I could get around the no fly zone by simply running out of the zone and recalling. Perhaps increase the respawn time to 15-20 minutes in addition to no fly. At least that would lower the gold flow.
I wish all this anti-balron energy could be redirected to asking for invasions and quests being reactivated.

#freethehues!
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Keep something in mind Silent. This is +C's Server, not yours, not mine, it's his. Suggesting that Wil has it right, is only an attempt at negating that there "is" a problem in the first place. The way this server flows, isn't up for debate. +C's suggestion to a recall timer penalty, is 100% sound. Scripting to let the game play 100% for you, is the main cause of a growing list of problems, and lower attendance. Saying there is no issue with an over flowing cup, that's running all over the floor, till it makes a lake. Only tells me your in favor of being what the Scripters are actively trying to do... Which is being "Justifiably Lazy", at least in there own eyes, it's justification enough to slowly erode the server they play. Many servers have shut down, due to this scripting problem. Don't believe me? Do your research..

I'm surprised +C has been as patient about this issue, as long as he has. I would not have that level of patience when seeing a rising problem. Furthermore, by saying "There is no problem", or "This is not the droid your looking for", only concreates that you, and Wil, both wish to contribute to the problem, so you can make use of the "Rigged" system your selves... Without the care of the place, that many players have paid into over the years, it would not be here, as Muolke has previously stated. So if your in favor of peeing in the public swimming pool.. At least I know where you stand, and I'll make sure to avoid your end of the pool. Or just not attend the swimming pool the day you are there. :roll:

Also, Durocius, I'm pretty sure it will be a none zone bound, and a time cumulative effect of the rapid warp penalty. If I where to implement it my self, it would be time driven, not area/zone driven. There would be no escaping that.

Ah well.. look at what I've gone and done.. I got bored.. and I lost my will to care about such a arbitrary subject.. :displeased: *shrugs* I'm done here.. You kids waste your time debating, its wasting my time... Id rather be playing.. without the game playing for me.. later! :lol:

The only difference I can say I have, compared to the rest of you. Is this it just a "Game", to me... If it "vanished" today, I would just go some where else to play.. This place, and all video games, are un-refundable time. You own air.. So you guys go back to complain about "Air".. and I'm gonna stop wasting "MY" air.... I'm go play now! :goodsuprise:
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Dirtybook wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:23 am
Keep something in mind Silent. This is +C's Server, not yours, not mine, it's his. Suggesting that Wil has it right, is only an attempt at negating that there "is" a problem in the first place. The way this server flows, isn't up for debate. +C's suggestion to a recall timer penalty, is 100% sound.
well +C acknowledged there was a problem and made a couple of suggestions of his own before putting it up to debate
yeah its his server and he can do what he wants with it, but just because hes the one in charge that doesnt necesarily make his decision the best choice

thats why he opened the floor up for further comments and suggestions
personally i dont think +C suggestions are 100% sound, as other people in this conversation have pointed out its flaws
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

I still hold firm.. The +Admin's idea, to add a Rapid Warp Penalty, is the absolute, "Best" ideal solution out there. 100% backing him, if he does it.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Just my opinion, anyone wouldn't be much interested in getting stronger, if gold being calculated by killing time. I would just keep hitting single balron with bare hands until reach million :P
My suggestion would be enough slight changes in balron drop, to keep macro hunters interested in them, to leave other spots alone. Also slightly better respawn timers in non recallable locations as for example felucca can reduce gap between players using and not using macro's for hunting. And recall time increasing sound's awful for me. If it gets added, than please make it work after certain amount of uninterrupted action time or just at gold gathering (normally people goes, to make some drink or eat, or to settle their needs) actions being interrupted for some minutes, what macro doesn't do, even if someone add pause in their macro, cannot imagine someone hunting for 15 hours per day, or making pause always after, and for constant time . Also could be pretty annoying if you have low gaming time per day, and you cannot even normally gather your (for example) so wanted ebony wood. Players would get ''very glad'' about that increasing recall timer also when testing uni colors for house addons. :wink:
Perhaps gm could set stone or similar way freeze it (in safe from mobs way) player for a moment, when trying to afk check him, important thing could be , making it in such way that special message wouldn't appear, that could be used as trigger for ''today is ****day'' macro.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Cerrera wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:50 am
My suggestion would be enough slight changes in balron drop, to keep macro hunters interested in them, to leave other spots alone. Also slightly better respawn timers in non recallable locations as for example felucca can reduce gap between players using and not using macro's for hunting.
90% of Felucca is a dead zone due solely to the fast travel ban. Move the Balrons there. Maybe players (scripter and non-scripter alike) will follow. Doubt it. But who knows.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

And what about an "incremental respawn time cooldown" instead of a "variable recall cooldown"?

For example: considering a timer that reset every 10 minutes (the mob should stay alive at least 10 mins to reset the timer) and taking in account one single mob on a specific spot, after the first kill the second mob has a 30 sec spawn time, the third 3 mins, the fourth 10 and so on. Observation: this mechanic is already implemented, I did a rapid test inside twisted weald checking the first two respawn of Lady Sabrix. The first respawn was after 6:30 mins, the second after 9:30 mins. When i say "incremental respawn time cooldown" i refer to this concept.

This way the gold/hour achievable from a "script loop" can be balanced. Maybe some testing is needed before the implementation. Also other activities that need the recall spell to work the same way it always worked will be not affected, like treasure hunting, resource gathering, questing, etc... etc...

I hope this can help in some way.

P.S.: This thread growth really fast for the UOEX forum standards. I've not read all the posts because I desperately need to keep my slack into "flow state" aka I'm lazy *shame on me*... Anyway I did an advanced google search for the word "respawn". The result of the search resulted in 1 match and the result shares nothing with the possible solution I'm posting here.
The Skilled Image.