Re: To Do List Poll

Post by Zalia »

A BOD Recycling Box
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

The way I see it there are only 2 things top priority:

-Hues because it should be just nuking the reserve system and thus, should be fast.

-create or upgrade or re-open seasonal quests.

We just need players... The auto hauling will mean nothing if the server is thriving...
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Open the hues.. and find a way to stop the balron farming to give others a chance at actually killing one, or being able to farm gold.

That's if i had a 1..2 choice. as is.. nuking the porting system that lets people abuse it, then the hues.
IGN: Edwin Roach
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

"You mention hues twice..."
"I like hues"
lol
DonQuixote
Novice Scribe

Post by DonQuixote »

Honestly think New Dungeons, New Quests, New Items/Drops that will cause a variety in what we are camping will be better. Weekly events will help as well. Give people a variety of things to do. This is the only way to expand player base. Everyone is camping SoT, BC, Balron and Gnaw. It's the same repeated thing all the time. The problem with afk campers is on every server and will never be fully fixed. Hues are nice but let's be honest it's a luxury/cosmetic item mainly for older players. If you want to grow the server you need Events and content. Else when people run out of things to do or can't do thing because of campers they will leave.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

davethemage wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:22 pm
Open the hues.. and find a way to stop the balron farming to give others a chance at actually killing one, or being able to farm gold.

That's if i had a 1..2 choice. as is.. nuking the porting system that lets people abuse it, then the hues.
There is one positive side on 5 people constantly macroing balrons. That is, they isn't in dungeon where you are hunting, and i appreciate that.
Running through Ilsenhar dungeons, you can make same gold, just asks for more walking. :P of course in both scenario's its if you don't need to compete for mobs.
talking about this poll--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE
Joking of course, for closest time i have things to do , but think i guessed mood. :lol:
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

the AFK bally scripters is a problem, but i dont think its one of the bigger problems

and even more so fixing that problem is gonna require some creative coding
its a problem with no real definitive answer on how to fix yet

adding more quests also requires ideas and storyline before implementation
being a DM for D&D games helps with ideas and storylines or even fan fiction writers (ideas from these sorts of people will help with the creation of new quests or events )
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Geriatric wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:26 pm
adding more quests also requires ideas and storyline before implementation
being a DM for D&D games helps with ideas and storylines or even fan fiction writers (ideas from these sorts of people will help with the creation of new quests or events )
Ideas and story lines are a dime a dozen. The mechanics of a quest are hard. The game engine provides a fixed set of a capabilities. Designing a quest which consumes only capabilities the engine has is not easy. Ending up with something that isn't yet another fetch or kill quest, that's challenging indeed. And making a quest that's challenging without being tedious, that takes a real artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C3mvRm0aOY
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

even though ive never enjoyed pvp and i think it brings out the worst in some players i like the idea of a mirror facet for pvp. dunno if its doable but i think it would attract new players and give bored current players something different to do. make that mirror facet like the wild west no rules if you enter the facet you are soley responsible for what happens including getting victimized by the mean girls.
seasonal quests returning is for our letter to santa but i doubt they will ever return due to lack of staff. remember how buggy seasonal quests got? that was manageable when there were at least 4 staff members around to keep the quests running but thats no longer the case.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

pvp with the current itemised ruleset is not a good idea
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Free the hues! :dance :dance :dance
JOHNNY WARREN!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Many of these poll options fall under one bigger issue IMO: lack of staff. My number one vote option would be hire/recruit staff to improve player experience. Yeah that'll likely slow down +C's cleanup project but i don't mind waiting an extra year or two, it's been years already, if it means we get some mini events or just staff presence in general (more eyes vs afk farmers as well).
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

culichi wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:49 am
i like the idea of a mirror facet for pvp.
The shard is not balanced for pvp. That's why all the pvp events used mandatory equalizing equipment.
DonQuixote
Novice Scribe

Post by DonQuixote »

Gaara wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:25 am
Many of these poll options fall under one bigger issue IMO: lack of staff. My number one vote option would be hire/recruit staff to improve player experience. Yeah that'll likely slow down +C's cleanup project but i don't mind waiting an extra year or two, it's been years already, if it means we get some mini events or just staff presence in general (more eyes vs afk farmers as well).
This is it. Almost all of these issues can be resolved easier with more staffing. I'm not sure how to go about this. But help would make things way easier.

Admins could patrol spawns and make events. All of these would help the community. They would be able to hit afters and free up the spawns for most people. They could do weekly events, even daily.

Programmers could help take care of the little things. Free up the hues, etc. Which would in turn allow +C to work on the bigger things like new content. It's really the best answer.