4%
Free the Hues
5%

Total votes: 55

Silent
Legendary Scribe

Re: To Do List Poll

Post by Silent »

Lets keep it real and simple. If there are events there won't be people afk farming because they will either be on the events or they will know that the staff are around...

Why do most bally farmers go to Halloween dungeon? Because they finally have something to do!

They are on the computer and they are watching the game but there is nothing worth more than bally... Even if bally goes out of the picture they will just move to a new dungeon... Now honestly, I think the server benefits from having these end-game players all in the same place... If they move out of bally than this will affect mid-low-tier players farming spots...

Be careful what you wish for... *Insert Clint Eastwood voice*
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Silent wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:57 pm
Why do most bally farmers go to Halloween dungeon? Because they finally have something to do!
[/i]

to farm the sigil dungeon for dreadnought gear but that wont happen so much anymore now that dreadnought sword is worth about 200 ed if not less and the rest of its is hard to sell. rarity matters! stop repeating the same items till no one cares about them anymore. same for cool auction items that get repeated far too much (end of mini rant)
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i would like to see one handed weapons swing a little bit faster than two handed weapons
even at max SSI
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

culichi wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:10 pm
stop repeating the same items till no one cares about them anymore. same for cool auction items that get repeated far too much (end of mini rant)
This! 1000x. At least close the halloween deco room off during the dungeon so we can't see the rewards that could potentially be available. The auction one bugs me, particularly ethy mounts... always the same 3 or 4 on rotation now. More Diablos or those cool ones that were given away for free in the popularity comp would be so fresh.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

A brief aside about how graphics work in Ultima Online:

Basically, there are no server-side graphic objects. They're all in the client. You can build server-side sets (like the sitting areas) that are collections of client graphics, but base graphics (like a shield, sword or mount) are fixed in the client.

More, the UOEX client is -FULL-. Any more graphics and it starts crashing. Orion would probably handle it but the classic UO client exe we're using will not.

So we really can't just toss off something new and use it only a couple times to keep it rare. The graphics real estate in the client is just too expensive for that.

Sorry.

Maybe someday Orion will be so awesome that we all switch and there'll start being Orion-only features like customizable player portraits or something. And the the admins can add server-side graphics that are one-time giveaways. Who knows what the future holds. Whatever it holds, it's -long- way off.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Wil wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:20 am
A brief aside about how graphics work in Ultima Online:

More, the UOEX client is -FULL-. Any more graphics and it starts crashing.

Can you please tell me bit more about this, is it connected with 32 bit system or something else? Why cannot be added lets say more graph slots etc...
And could be possible, lets say, add more files but tell to client, in this area don't run this and this .mul because there is no chance that these creatures or items will ever appear there. Could it be possible to make script that calculates tiles it take and mirror image's for stuff itself, without adding basically same image twice and maybe bugging system. Is there some idea's how we could increase capabilities of client without updating it to newer version, and all needs that comes with it?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

From what I can see, the two things that I thought were most important, also show up as most-voted on this poll. There are also many things that keep getting mentioned, but aren't listed here.

On the subject of farming balrons, I'm opening this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14163
And we'll put in more effort on AFK checks.

The hues also get mentioned a lot, I guess that can go in after the calls.

And the rest eventually...

BTW yes our client graphics are full, and I think that some later version of the client allows for 2x the item graphics, but to upgrade to that and make it all compatible, would be really really time consuming, and also then we'd still be limited. Eventually I'd like us to switch to one of the alternative clients, which ever is better and more popular. Would love if some of the bugs could actually get fixed, instead of us getting a ticket once a month and all I can say is that this is how it is.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

relayers on peoples gear i get, its fairly expensive and 100 levels

has the idea of having levelable armour ever been explored?
doesnt need to be 100 levels

but what if its even 20 levels on armours, for 200k tokens or something like that

something sort of newish to help the younger players a bit more in that gap between mistvale/goc before relayers
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

Geriatric- that would make crafted armor usuable and marketable. Sounds like an awesome idea
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
DonQuixote
Novice Scribe

Post by DonQuixote »

Geriatric wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am
relayers on peoples gear i get, its fairly expensive and 100 levels

has the idea of having levelable armour ever been explored?
doesnt need to be 100 levels

but what if its even 20 levels on armours, for 200k tokens or something like that

something sort of newish to help the younger players a bit more in that gap between mistvale/goc before relayers
This is a very good idea. I would rather see about 50 levels so that it would make the armor usable until you get relayers. As the relayers would still definitely be better with design but then younger players in the mid level range would have something.
arni
Journeyman Scribe

Post by arni »

a lot of people seem to like the pvp idea but how about a true pvp facet where relayers auction items and leveled items are banned

basically you go into the area are given a set of items and off you go so if it is not looted or player made from items within the facet it cant be used
maybe allow on 8x8 house for players to build characters in there that wouldn't go against their current housing or add to there current housing but does give them a safe area to maybe craft items. however as no npcs apart from healers no bod reward items in facet either
there wouldn't be uber items so it would just be skill levels and player skill
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

you would probably also have to limit the skills to 100.0 and 7x GM
as well as only regular GM crafted items
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

IMO, it should be Alt characters that can’t
leave that facet, nor can regular characters
enter. Player/npc supplies and gear.
It would be fun for those of us who enjoy roleplay
and/or pvp.
arni
Journeyman Scribe

Post by arni »

Durocius wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 am
IMO, it should be Alt characters that can’t
leave that facet, nor can regular characters
enter. Player/npc supplies and gear.
It would be fun for those of us who enjoy roleplay
and/or pvp.
yeah totally for that one small house each for supplies mined got looted in there nothing else
would certainly be fun to see who actual wants some fun or just to sit there and let macros play the game for them