Elfing Winter Event Sat 12/31

Name says it all
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Elfing Winter Event Sat 12/31

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

Well, the elves worked hard this Christmas- as they do every year. And Santa threw them one heck of a party. One week later they are sobered up and ready for their annual ReGifting Celebration! Did you get an extra Titan Hammer in your stocking this year? Did great-grandma knit you a super lovely extra colorful pair of Hideously Knit Socks? Got a leveled weapon you just don't need? Found too many cool deco things at IDOCs this year?

One week after Christmas Day, the elves all get together and exchange thier gifts. This year you can participate too! Here's how:

1. Pick a lovely item you would like to give this year. Whatever you want, no price or item restrictions.

2. Wrap it in a piece of wrapping paper from the Winter quest event. This costs 3 Vials of Christmas Spirit earned from the Winter Quest- 1.5 times doing the Artistic Elf quest or 1 time doing the Reindeer Quest. Newer players please don't let this be a deterrant- pm me and I will help you through the quest or get you some wrapping paper.

3. Go to the teleporter and choose "Shops" then "ILV Elfing Winter Event".

4. See Santa Claus (vendor) and get the white bag he is selling for 30 gold.

5. Open the book and change the author's name from ButteryBiscuits to your name.

6. Put your wrapped gift and the book back in the white bag.

7. Drop the bag in the inbox next to Santa Claus labeled "Elfing Winter Event" by 12:00 (noon) on 12/31/22 shard time.

8. Santa (bless his heart) will bring the gifts to the Elving Gifting area just northwest of his house.

9. Come join the Elfing Party 4pm, 8pm or midnight on 12/31/22 shard time. As people arrive their names will be checked against the books that have been turned in (PLEASE remember to change the book author to your name). First to arrive will be first to pick. Put in three gifts and show up at all three times :lol:

10. When it's your turn, go stand on your box. I will release it- then unwrap it and tell everyone what you got!
RealUglySocks 2022-12-29 021102.png
RealUglySocks 2022-12-29 021102.png (714.92 KiB) Viewed 1369 times

There have been multiple "higher end" items donated by ILV members so this is not all dirty socks... not saying that you won't get a pair of hideous socks or bag of reagents, but you may get something really neat too. If you want to gift multiple items, get a pouch or bag, put the items inside the bag and then wrap the bag. Feel free to include a book with a message wishing someone a Happy Christmas. Just keep it positive please :nod:

There will be three times on 12/31/22 to accommodate different time zones: 4pm, 8pm and midnight shard time.

Portal is up, vendor is up.... time to get elfing!!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 01-58-59 Drunk Elf Images – Browse 15 260 Stock Photos Vectors and Video.png
Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 01-58-59 Drunk Elf Images – Browse 15 260 Stock Photos Vectors and Video.png (184.01 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Last edited by ButteryBiscuits on Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Re: Elfing Winter Event Sat 12/31

Couple of suggestions posted by others-

Changing the "By" name on the book may not save unless you edit the book somewhere before closing. You can check if it saved by reopening the book. If you are having problems change the title of the book instead.

When you wrap your gift, it will prompt whether you want to sign your name to it. You can leave it anonymous or sign your name, whatever you wish.

If you want to participate but won't be around that day at all, you can appoint someone to pick out your gift for you. Make a note in the book when you drop it off and send a pm.

Have a blessed day!
BB
ButteryBiscuits
Tripp N Arkansas
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Tripp N Arkansas »

This is really neat i kind of goofed as i wrapped the bag and drop the wrapping box in the the in box and not the bag I know i know I'm a Dork lol anyhow happy Elfing ty for the event and Happy New Year 2023....
Attachments
Walking On Sun Shine.jpg
Walking On Sun Shine.jpg (85.56 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
LOL.jpg
LOL.jpg (12.36 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Me.jpg
Me.jpg (72.14 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

After Tripp adding pictures, couldnt resist without adding myself.
Santa get really angry, cause of people making all of he's job.
Attachments
Cerrera_12-30_20.28 - Copy.jpg
Cerrera_12-30_20.28 - Copy.jpg (278.85 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Updated directions for the event....

This is the place you enter to get your bag and drop off your gifts.

Santa's  Hideout 2022-12-30 172844.jpeg
Santa's Hideout 2022-12-30 172844.jpeg (841.86 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Head NW (out the doors) to the Elfing Gift Area....

Elfing Gift Area 2022-12-30 173146.jpeg
Elfing Gift Area 2022-12-30 173146.jpeg (757.04 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

See you soon!!
BB
ButteryBiscuits
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Thank you so much to all the players who gifted items without wanting anything in return and all the players who joined in the fun!

You could contribute as many gifts as you wanted. There were three event times so you could get a maximum of three gifts. Here are the results:

6 ED- Osgaron
Bulletin Board- Paroxysmus
Big bag of various deco- Praise
Carpet and deco items- Cerrera
Level 100 NPS Bone Crusher- TrippNArkansas
Weapon Level Deed- Zanzi
Bag of Sending, Secret Stash Notes, and misc deco- Zanzi
Albino Squirrel- Alya
Weapon Level Deed- Alibaster
Big Bag of Haunted House deco, 8 ED, webs, globe- TrippNArkansas
5 unidye tubs- Osgaron
4x46 War Axe with level deed- Cerrera
Jolly Green Giant picture, Christmas deco, 3 Pet Bonding Deeds, 3 Powder of Fortifying- Manofwar
Bag of Resources, Freeze dip tub, backpack- Adalind
Tiger Claw and Serpent Fang keys, teakwood tray, sushi prep- Osgaron
Batwings- LexxusMachine
Freeze Dip Tub, Ancient Fletching Hammer- Alya
Explosion Dip Tub, +40 Fletching Hammer, Bag of Resources- TrippNArkansas
Swords of Prosperity- Manofwar
Weapon Level Deed, Charger Statuette, LRC suit, savage kin paint- Paroxysmus
123 Golden Skulls- Pilkster
5 Excelsior Dollars- Matrix Ex Machina

Hope you enjoyed it and we will see you next year!!
Last edited by ButteryBiscuits on Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BB
ButteryBiscuits
Tripp N Arkansas
Apprentice Scribe

I myself had a awesome time ty so much for hosting the event so many players miss out on some really great gifts.
maybe next year it will be even better as you and I know we do these things not knowing the outcome or if it was a waste of time but know this
even if you give just one person a smile it is worth it.
till next year and we meet again
i really was hoping someone would have picked my gift that was wrapped and inside was a box that went Boom
Attachments
Drop Mic.jpg
Drop Mic.jpg (6.68 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
turtle.jpg
turtle.jpg (21.06 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Last edited by Tripp N Arkansas on Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

I am so glad you enjoyed it!! Any gifts that were donated that were not picked up will be saved until next year's event. I think next year I will make a post when winter quest opens to give people more time to get the wrapping paper..... :nod:
BB
ButteryBiscuits
Tripp N Arkansas
Apprentice Scribe

Yeah that's a GREAT idea as some that could not even do some of the Christmas quest, they could do the simple ones to get the wrapping paper to wrap anything to come to the elevens party