Here’s my top 3:

1. Muolke
2. Muolkeshake
3. Arohorn Elkoris
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Re: UOEX Player of the year?

Post by Zanzi »

IF we ever get to do a voting probably need to at least limit to account age and/or online time. Or something that measures that player online activity
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

Don't forget about Turnabout and TrippNArkansas.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Is there a way to even set up a poll on UOex forum?
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Zanzi wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:20 pm
Well I don't think it will be a popularity contest. I think most players in uoex will vote based on what the criteria are. I think we can always try one and see.
I don't see any criteria posted, so yes this will just be a popularity contest. Sorry I know your heart and idea is in the right place, but I just don't think the forums is the best place to do it. Maybe in game with a suggestion box where people can drop off their votes based on a criteria.
IGN: Edwin Roach
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Just coding the stone, will probably be available tomorrow.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

do you really have mullet like your simpson character? lol!

pain in the but to get a picture uploaded, gotta make it so small. thats me with my beard half way down my chest, lol.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Vote stone is now available in the Town center!

It's just fresh off the IDE, so there might be some issues which I'll fix as we go along.
You can currently also vote for staff members, but please don't do that, votes for staff will be removed.

In the next few days I'll make the gump to display the top 5 voted players, and also your position.

Btw this is a great step towards a better overview of our community, for example someone who is only online at certain times of the day gets to see only certain names, and in their own view of who could be best. I'm looking forward to see the results :) I have my own views on who the top influential players of the shard could be, but I'd like to see what you all think.

@Alamiester - cool avatar! (simpsons themed) ... try to zoom it out a bit. I'm supposed to have a ponytail. The hair color reflects a young early-20s +Colibri, now it's already half grey.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

OK, to answer the question everyone is thinking; yes I have checked the box to participate in this. It is easier to search for me by searching "Warren" instead of John - too many John's. :dance :lool:
JOHNNY WARREN!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

qbf wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:02 pm
OK, to answer the question everyone is thinking; yes I have checked the box to participate in this. It is easier to search for me by searching "Warren" instead of John - too many John's. :dance :lool:
Your presidential campaign manager is smart!
Someone, quick, make a character named John "Worren".
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ts-221568/

Btw I guess there should be a reward to all this so... whoever wins will be able to, I don't know, appoint their horse to be a member of the high council.*
And be able to dedicate all the kingdom's wealth to search for a potion of immortality.**

*Caligula
**All big kings and Caesars.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I know this is first year doing this. It might be better with some guidelines on what qualities make a player of the year. Just glad we were able to try it out now. I am just excited to see the top 5 and ultimate winner.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The vote stone in Town Center now also shows top voted players.

Here's a screenshot from today. The stone is available until this Sunday.
player of the year midvote.png
player of the year midvote.png (41.4 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

As for guidelines... well, I think no matter what we write, people will vote however they want and it's impossible to moderate who actually voted for who based on what criteria and whether it's honest or just someone trying to "buy" votes.
I guess since there are significant number of votes, and it's anonymous (the voter can't check whether someone actually voted for them) it will be fair enough for it to work.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I would support most of that top 5.... hidden seems a bit suspicious, but the rest are good. I voted for zalia. Praise would be a deserved winner.
JOHNNY WARREN!
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Post by ZeeeQi »

IMHO Praise totally deserves it, she's the most involucrated person with new people on the shard, and that really helps new players staying.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The (-hidden-) just mean that the player hasn't opted-in to the voting stone. Maybe it's someone who isn't even aware that we're having this thing, maybe they haven't logged in for a few weeks. Or could be that they're humble and don't want to be seen on this list, or maybe they're disappointed they only got such a small amount of points that they won't display their name :) but I'd say that's unlikely.

Yeah I'm also happy to see that Praise is #1. I was thinking that the votes will be more evened out, but that's who people voted for :)

We'll use this same vote stone in the upcoming House Decoration Contest, and next year it will be available throughout December for the Player of the year 2023 vote. I will upgrade it so that it will be possible to vote for multiple players, for example select 3 players and distribute a total 10 points among them.

(Old Colibrian proverb)