Weapon damage type

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Weapon damage type

Post by Alibaster »

Is there a damage type that is best for your weapon? Physical, fire, poison, etc? Is a combo better then one specific type? I am not referring to the weapon hits but the weapon damage type.

Here is a screen shot of what I'm talking about
Attachments
smaller one.jpg
smaller one.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
Last edited by Alibaster on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alibaster in game!!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Re: Weapon damage type

Post by Cerrera »

Consecreate weapon is best weapon damage type :) hm, think most versatile types are fire and energy but can be mistaken.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Original post edited with image
Alibaster in game!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

scroft391 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:13 am
Is there a damage type that is best for your weapon? Physical, fire, poison, etc?
Doesn't it depend on what you're fighting? Some mobs are weak to cold, some to fire and some to energy. If you know which is which you can build up several weapons that maximize the damage you'll do those mobs. Kinda like the slayer attributes.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

As Wil said, diff mobs have diff resistances. The point is fairly moot though as consecrate weapon automatically means you do damage against their lowest resistance and overrides all of the damage types anyway. If you aren't using consecrate weapon, you probably should be.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

qbf wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:33 pm
As Wil said, diff mobs have diff resistances. The point is fairly moot though as consecrate weapon automatically means you do damage against their lowest resistance and overrides all of the damage types anyway. If you aren't using consecrate weapon, you probably should be.
Thanks. I do use Consecrate weapon. I was not aware exactly how it works. That explains a lot.
Alibaster in game!!
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Since I don't use Chivalry when I use a weapon, usually because I don't want to worry about it constantly going off. I have other spells I would rather be using. I have found that the resistances of monsters are often the lowest with Energy, seconded by Cold, then Fire & Poison hold tight for 3rd place, then lastly Physical.

Can't really go wrong with Energy based weapons, as 85% of monsters on this server are weak to energy as their first highest vulnerability, to their second highest vulnerability.

Dragons are weak to Poison, but there second weakness, is Energy, as an example. BUT! If you are at the Destard Champion, there are Ophidians that are vulnerable to Energy, and way more resistant to Poison damage. So, If you don't want to use Chivalry all the time, an Energy Weapon will do more than fine agents both.