UO Auto Map & Razor Help Needed

Name says it all
Avalon
Passer by

UO Auto Map & Razor Help Needed

Post by Avalon »

Hi, All,

I'm gonna start by asking for both assistance and patience because I am NOT tech-savvy.

I would like to download UO Auto Map, and after reading the material on forums and Wiki, it appears I will also need Razor running in the same folder to make UOAM work.

So.....I downloaded UOAM into the same folder where I have the Excelsior files, and I downloaded Razor in that folder also, and now I'm getting a Welcome to Razor screen that asks me for several pieces of info that I am not sure about:

Server Name
Server Host/IP
Port

If someone can please point me in the right direction to get my UOAM working, that would be great. I'm used to running UOAM on OSI shards by using it with UOAssist, so I am brand new to Razor.

Thanks very much in advance! I appreciate your help.
~~Avalon~~

"I can resist everything except temptation."
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: UO Auto Map & Razor Help Needed

Post by Wil »

They don't actually need to be in the same folder and probably shouldn't be.

I don't recall Razor asking for a "name" separate from the server host name. Mine asks for UO Data directory (the directory with the UOEX client software), server and port.

The server and port are listed on this page: https://uoex.net/startup

But I guess they really aren't called out that way since they only appear in a line telling you how to edit the config file. "shard.uoex.net" and port "60"
Avalon
Passer by

Post by Avalon »

Hi, Wil,

Thanks for trying to help! I still couldn't get Razor working (it just popped up then vanished, and I still think I am missing a 3rd piece of information, but I couldn't figure it out).

I also tried UO Steam using the info you provided. I got excited when the client popped up, but when I logged in, it just hung up on "Verifying Account" and never did let me get fully logged in.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. There was even a note about having to download C++ to use UO Steam? I mean, whaaa? I tried downloading it, but that didn't work either. I got nothin'.

If I can't fish because I have no map, that's gonna make me very sad.
~~Avalon~~

dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

iirc when it hangs on verifying account either u didnt type in shard.uoex.net in the serverver line or go to compatability tab n run as admin double check that you typed in shard.uoex.net port 60....oh n btw when u start uos but before u log in make sure u point uos to ur client.exe . n to ur uoex folder as the auto detect options do not work gl
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Avalon
Passer by

Post by Avalon »

So...I was finally able to get my UO Steam up and running. I can successfully log into Excelsior server and see all the macros, etc. However, when I click on the UO Map button in UO Steam, I see a blank white box pop up without any map info displayed.

Is there a particular setting in UO Steam that I need to enable to see the map? I'm trying to figure out why everything else works, but the map is blank.

Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is most appreciated! Thanks a bunch.
~~Avalon~~

dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

my mapuo hasnt worked in monyhs but yesterday just for giggles i clicked it and it worked. i used to see the blank white box also and today back to the white box. get uoautomap n be done with it
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you