Yumi advice

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Yumi advice

Post by Alibaster »

I'm thinking about getting my first Yumi. Any advice on what stats to focus on? Still trying to wrap my head around the best weapon stats in general. I've been gone for so long I forgot everything. I feel like a Newbie again.
Alibaster in game!!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Re: Yumi advice

Post by Muolke »

Ideally you want 3 "hit" spells that can be leveled to 50% or higher. You also want Hit Mana Leech and Hit Lower Defense. So a 5x50% or better should be your goal as a newer player. Then if you have leftover points you should add in STR and SDI. This weapon will serve you very well until you're ready to spend 100+ million gold for an Ancient weapon from one of the auctions.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Thank you for the advice. Now I have something to focus on.
Muolke wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:22 pm
This weapon will serve you very well until you're ready to spend 100+ million gold for an Ancient weapon from one of the auctions.
One can only dream of that day!
Alibaster in game!!
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

for a first bow you will use through the mid-game (Im not sure how geared you are) a crafted bow with hit lighting and mana leach in the 38%-45% range would be a good place to start. Most vets will craft you something like that for free or find in a box at their house. no need to scrap and save for a slightly better yumi or burn eds converting a weapon with a weapon change deed. you will realize it isn't your forever bow and regret burning 10 million on the change deed.

A crafted yumi with Mana leach and lighting and maybe another semi-useful stat like hit lower defense will let you start leveling it now and having fun with it knowing years from now you will lock it down or give it to a newbie friend.

I'd take lighting to 60% add +8 dex, take mana leach to 40% and dump the rest of your points in fireball.

Just my two cents...
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

I picked up a crafted Yumi with the following stats

Faster Casting 1
Life Leech 50%
Lower Defense 42%
Mana Leech 44%
Hit Physical Area 34%
Physical Damage 100%
Armor Pierce
Double Shot

If I level the thing up, since it is crafted, I only get 295 points and adding just one feature like Lighting will cost 4 points per Percentage so to get to 50 it will take 200 of the 295. Is it worth doing or should I go another route? Assume a budge of 100 ED or less, I would like something that will be worth having until I level it up to 100.
Alibaster in game!!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

scroft391 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:59 pm
I picked up a crafted Yumi with the following stats

Faster Casting 1
Life Leech 50%
Lower Defense 42%
Mana Leech 44%
Hit Physical Area 34%
Physical Damage 100%
Armor Pierce
Double Shot

If I level the thing up, since it is crafted, I only get 295 points and adding just one feature like Lighting will cost 4 points per Percentage so to get to 50 it will take 200 of the 295. Is it worth doing or should I go another route? Assume a budge of 100 ED or less, I would like something that will be worth having until I level it up to 100.
Go another route. The base weapon should already have either Lightning or Fireball at 46% or higher plus Mana Leech and Lower Defense as well.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Thanks. I thought that might be the case.
Alibaster in game!!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Well, considering he said a budget of about 100ed for this weapon and it is literally impossible to loot a base weapon that is a yumi, let alone one with the stats Muolke is describing, crafted is your only option. Muolke is not wrong if you want to spend a little bit more (200ed to type change something into a yumi). But honestly, Nick is right, if I read your current level/progress through the game correctly. Pick up an exceptional crafted one with 40+ in a spell, fireball or lightning, and 30+ hit mana leech and level away (getting 2 spells up to 50 with at least 30HML). Any other stats on top is gravy for such a bow. It will serve you well and allow you to hunt up more resources to go for a more serious weapon. By the time you level 100 it, you might have found a better crafted one to level, or made enough to type change a looted one to yumi. Just remember, you will go through and level many weapons in your time here, best to go for cheapest option first and work your way up.

One thing to note, and why the yumi you posted is not worth leveling, is it has no spell (fireball or lightning) and also it has an area effect. You will want to avoid a yumi with an area effect in general, particularly earlier in the game as it will aggro more mobs onto you than you might otherwise want. In general, you should carry a dedicated area of effect (AoE) weapon as well as a single target (your yumi) weapon. An AoE weapon needs to have the weapon special ability whirlwind and should max out the area effects as much as possible. A blaze of death with a second area effect (energy is a good choice) at 50% will do well. Note WW only uses 3mana per use, so you don't need much mana leech on your AoE weapon.
JOHNNY WARREN!