Opening chests in doom (stealable arties)

Name says it all
+Colibri
Administrator

Opening chests in doom (stealable arties)

Post by +Colibri »

I think this got forgotten over time, knowledge kept by those who were here at the time and passed on to their disciples, so I'm making this refresher post on how to get doom stealable artifacts. We have an upgraded way of getting to the titan's hammer and other stealable arties in doom.

In the main part of the doom (not gauntlet) where one would usually farm daemon bones, there are three rooms where liches spawn and a few metal chests.

In each of these rooms, one of the chests is special, and can only be opened with a key that drops from one of the liches. When you have the key in the backpack, use telekinesis on the chest to open it.

It will reveal wooden boxes of various colors. To open one of the wooden boxes, drop that kind of gemstone onto the box to open it... and inside, there will be some basic loot, and if you're lucky, a stealable artifact as well.
I think you have a few minutes to steal the arty, after that the chest gets re-locked and can be opened by whoever gets the next key from the liches.

Related post:
viewtopic.php?t=10142
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)