Beekeeping Service?

Name says it all
Aerith
Master Scribe

Beekeeping Service?

Post by Aerith »

Hey all! Unsure if this is the right section or not. Isit possible to make someone a co owner at your house and they can tend to the bees at the house?

If it is, are there any daily players that would be interested in tending to my bees at my place? Drop me a PM, Thanks!

Aerith
Praise
Master Scribe

Re: Beekeeping Service?

Post by Praise »

A Co-Owner can check your hives and add potions. You will probably need to go under Security on your house sign and allow them permission to access secure items. I don't know if they can empty the hives or run your refiner. I only added the potions when I cared for a friend's hives.
Praise
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I haven't tested but my understanding is that bees don't produce if tended by someone other than the owner.
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

SO.... you CAN make someone a co-owner so they can put potions on. Did testing and can confirm that the bees stay alive and thriving but they will only produce their bounty for the one they love... Since the revision on the original bees were to limit the obscene amount of gold one person could get from doing bees, it makes sense that there would be other limitations besides just the number of hives one could own. It would be interesting to know if a co-owner places the hives in the owner's house if they produce for the owner or the placer. But that is a technicality that only a nerd would love. And since I am proud to be a nerd, let me know if you do some tests and find out :D
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Back in the day other people could run your bees (2011ish). There was one person (who had a script) that did tons of people’s, myself included. 500k a week for a little house space. It was great but I can see why they stopped it.
TDC Guild
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

ButteryBiscuits wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:42 pm
SO.... you CAN make someone a co-owner so they can put potions on. Did testing and can confirm that the bees stay alive and thriving but they will only produce their bounty for the one they love... Since the revision on the original bees were to limit the obscene amount of gold one person could get from doing bees, it makes sense that there would be other limitations besides just the number of hives one could own. It would be interesting to know if a co-owner places the hives in the owner's house if they produce for the owner or the placer. But that is a technicality that only a nerd would love. And since I am proud to be a nerd, let me know if you do some tests and find out :D
I tried that and the answer is no they didn't produce for me. If that makes me a technicality nerd, so be it
Michi
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

thanks for the replies all, appreciated
andy barrington
Apprentice Scribe

Post by andy barrington »

I just put pine needles on my bees to put them to sleep until i returned.