Carving Leather Database

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Carving Leather Database

Post by Tribecca »

Is there a leather carving database somewhere? I am looking for a database that shows the carving results when using a dagger, master knife, and/or a gargoyle knife.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: Carving Leather Database

Post by Opopanax »

What kind of information are you looking for?

There are only 3 types of leather that can be obtained in any real quantities using regular dagger or masters knife.

Regular, horned and barbed. You can also obtain other leathers in 1s from a few select monsters (there may be some others that I'm forgetting):

Ice Wyrm - Frost leather
Demons - Demonic leather
Shadow Wyrm - Shadow leather

So you would need to kill a lot to get any meaningful amounts.

The best way to get siginificant amounts of higher tier leathers by far is to use the gargoyles knife. It bumps barbed leather carves into the categories above barbed, but it's random as to which one is selected. If you kill an ancient wyrm, you get 50 random higher tier leather when carved with gargoyles knife, and the chance to spawn a leather elemental, which can also contains 50 of it's own leather type when carved, or you can use master's knife I think for the 40% bonus. The other option is to use the gargoyles knife again on the elemental corpse, which will randomise the leather again, but it will give you the chance to get another elemental spawn.
In game name: Abarai
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

All good information. Thank you. I am curious to learn what each type of leather each MOB and animal carries. Like today, I learned Unicorns carry horned when carved with dagger and Blaze, Synthetic, Polar, Daemonic, and Shadow when using a garg knife. Just curious is all.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Ah I see, the best place to check may be on stratics. e.g. https://uo.stratics.com/database/view.p ... ers&id=389
In game name: Abarai
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

There's a wiki on this:

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Resources

Googled "site:uoex.net leather types"