Weapons chat: Are crafted Weapons Secretly Good? Crafted vs Looted discussion.

Name says it all
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Weapons chat: Are crafted Weapons Secretly Good? Crafted vs Looted discussion.

Post by Johnny Warren »

Are crafted weapons actually really good?

Whilst leveling some nice exceptional crafted double axes and farming gold. I was noticing they were very effective. I got to thinking of the additional damage the exceptional tag gives. I started thinking of it like a spell, that was hit 100%, this bonus is amplified when using double strike or whirlwind. I started thinking how that "spell", the exceptional damage, would rate vs the other real spell hits (MA, Harm, Fireball, Lightning). I think even with 0 SDI it is worse than fireball and lightning, and possibly on par with harm and MA.

I think such a weapon would be particularly beneficial to a mid tier player, who has fewer relayers with SDI... although they'd also have less strength to capitalise on the damage calculations with the exceptional tag... so maybe its not as good.

Either way, I found the crafted double axe was as good, if not better than a 3x46 base crafted. I am sure crafted yumis, with double shot, would also benefit from that exceptional tag's "100% hit" rate.

Any thoughts? Are there other weapon types that are good crafts? Are they better, or worse for mid tier players? Are they actually better in the end game due to the high strength factoring in?

:geek:
JOHNNY WARREN!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Weapons chat: Are crafted Weapons Secretly Good? Crafted vs Looted discussion.

Post by Gaara »

Well, the best crafted result leveled to 100 would generally have 2 spell hits + 2 leeches and HLD or an area spell instead of HLD (Thundering Axe is nice since if you get lucky, you'll start off with a hit spell, preferably Fireball, 2 leeches, area/HLD and also 10% Hit Lightning). Does the exceptional damage bonus beat an additional spell hit you can get with looted stuff (or +2 hit spells of an Ancient weapon)?

I suppose it depends on what the weapon is for. Something with Crushing Blow or Yumi's specials work well with raw damage not counting in spell hits.