[claim options

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

[claim options

Post by Tribecca »

I think it would be so very helpful to have some kind of [claim gump to choose what you want to claim from a corpse. We have [claim and [claimall. How about a [claimoptions ?
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: [claim options

Post by davethemage »

loot.png
loot.png (92.51 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Thought about and pretty sure it's been suggested many times. Just not sure +C can program such a thing... and if he could I'm sure it would be a nightmare. I would love to have such a think implemented as it would be nice to claim what you want. I know orion has a lot of options around it, but it is a pita to set every possible item with stats to claim.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

I was thinking more along the line of general categories. Say I need gems. I could go kill critters and only select gems for the time being. Using a master's knife to gut and only take the leathers. It could be similar to the crafting gump that provides categories to start with. BTW what it that program you pictured?
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Tribecca wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:27 am
I think it would be so very helpful to have some kind of [claim gump to choose what you want to claim from a corpse.
The challenge of loot handling has always been a part of UO. Simply having options to check or uncheck in the claim command would by-pass most of this strategy aspect of UO game play.

Take Fel. Wrong, especially back when +Mocha's design was still fully implemented. You couldn't just run thru, kill everything, claim everything, and keep up with the respawn rate. You could drastically change how much you gained with a solid and well executed plan. You had to select what spawn to kill and which corpses to loot. You had to decide if you wanted to move individual items, use claim or use claim all. Then you needed to decide what to recycle, what to trash, what to store into keys and what to stack in BOH or resource bags.

Replace all that with a built in claim option system and you might as well just set your UO character to AFK macro gold farming; Productive but missing all the challenges and fun.
Last edited by GreenBar on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

GreenBar wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:09 am
Replace all that with a built in claim option system and you might as well just set your UO character to AFK macro gold farming; Productive but missing all the challenges and fun.
gold farming is easy with UOSteam or Razor.

it is hard to be selective , just pick up what i need.
Esp, with lazy reusing of object type ... in specific locations ...
Ice Heart in Christmas dungeon vs Black Heart in one of the GoC dungeons.
knife vs gargoyle knife ... and of course titan's hammer vs "any" hammer.
fortunately one cannot add a Dublon to stash of gold. it is sadism to find that gold piece on full HD screen.

sorting on 4 criteria (specific location,type, color, property) requires post-processing with another script.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

sarmatian wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:34 am
sorting on 4 criteria (specific location,type, color, property) requires post-processing with another script.
I found just graphic ID, hue, and name/property were enough to identify objects in my UOSteam loot sorting scripts. It identifies 498 items for specific processing. Wasn't an all inclusive list, just common items from areas I hunted.
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Pretty sure (from my old memory) that Razor has an Autoloot the same as Orion. I just set the stuff I want to loot and use [claim. Put in a break to give yourself time to autoloot the stuff you want in your script and your golden.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

My point exactly to most of the comments here. You have to be a Razor or UO steam aficionado to benefit from any claiming options. Elderly :) players like myself that don't want to free up brain capacity to learn those programs could greatly benefit from being able to select specific categories such as gems, leather, arrows, reagents, etc.. or at least eliminate categories. Sometimes all I am interested in is killing MOBs for gems only, leather only, or reagents only, etc.