life leech

Name says it all
gilga
Apprentice Scribe

life leech

Post by gilga »

life leech, can anyone explain how it works please.
does it damage mobs on the leech, do i need to be damaged for it to work, any light shed on this would be great thanks
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: life leech

Post by Wil »

Life leech does extra points of damage to the mob and adds the same points to your own HP. It has a % chance to activate any time you hit your opponent.
Eless
Master Scribe

Post by Eless »

It does not add extra dmg to the target. It has XX% chance to heal you with the 30% of the dmg you deal with the weapon. It only works with weapon dmg not the hit spells. Here is more info: https://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Life_Leech
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Header: Chance and Amount
Eless wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:25 am
It does not add extra dmg to the target. It has XX% chance to heal you with the 30% of the dmg you deal with the weapon. It only works with weapon dmg not the hit spells. Here is more info: https://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Life_Leech
Yes! I love it when people use these links. They show the SSI penalty :D. Anyway, I thought I'd add to the correction... its not 30% of the damage dealt its 30% * damage dealt * life leech intensity. Meaning you could only get a maximum of 18% (60% of 30%) of the damage dealt.

A weapon has a few forms of damage: base damage, spell hits, and abilities. From what I can tell, life leech takes from the damage dealt (damage - spell hit damage) rather than adding to the base damage. This is in contrast to mana leech and stamina leech which do remove the opponents mana/stamina. For the reason that it does not increase your damage, it is often considered a squishy attribute (helps you stay alive, but doesn't help you kill them any quicker). Just like how Lower Attack helps by reducing one shots and bandage usage, but doesn't help kill the mob any quicker.

Hit Life Leech has two factors: chance and amount. The formula for chance is quite complicated, but all you really need to know is that yumi's can have life leach chances below 30% even with 60% on the weapon with full SSI. The amount of life leeched is a random value between 0 and 30% * base damage (not spell hits) * life leech on weapon.

For example:
I have a Yumi that has 58% life leech. I have 0% SSI, so it is likely I can use all of that 58% life leech.
Chance: 58%
My said yumi does a 200 base damage hit (spell buffed and armor pierce). 30%*58%*200 = 35.
Amount: A random value between 0 and 35. If the amount is more than the hp you have lost, you'll be healed completely with any remaining leech doing nothing.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster