Improvement of high-level taming BOD rewards

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Improvement of high-level taming BOD rewards

Post by Tribecca »

I turned in a large taming BOD with dragons, drakes, white wyrms, imps, and snakes and I only got 2000 gold? I'm cool with the Bio-engineering book, but MAN! 2k gold for all that work?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: Seriously?

Post by Opopanax »

https://uoex.net/wiki/Taming_BOD_rewards

All the BOD rewards for taming are listed here, I'm not sure how much the book is worth, but maybe you got the worst prize in that bracket, depends what you're after. That is tough though as those creatures are hard to tame, but the bod system for taming doesn't take into account the difficulty of what you're taming, just the number and bod size.

Hope you have better luck on the next one.
In game name: Abarai
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Opopanax wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:57 am
maybe you got the worst prize in that bracket
I think that's his point. 2k gold and your 83rd copy of crafting bios is kind of a crappy reward for taming 120 aggressive animals.
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

It was the 2k gold. I am cool with the Bio Book. It's on the list. The gold isn't. I just thought the animals were worth more.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I was just as shocked at the reward upon completing that large taming BOD a while back. There are many other taming BoDs with better rewards and easier to complete.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Tribecca wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:27 am
I am cool with the Bio Book. It's on the list.
As you turn in more 6-count large deeds you'll find you get a lot of copies of crafting bios. Since a player needs only one, the abundant over-supply renders them worthless.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Ok so this was a 6x20 BOD? What would be a reasonable amount of gold at that level?

There's also 3 new rewards earmarked for adding to BOD rewards - the creatures on a perch (mongbat & imp for sure, there's also chicken and all sorts or birds - eagle, crane, bluebird, raven, crow). Looking for input on how to scatter them around the reward table.
Also, any other ideas for cool rewards?
Turn in 10 "Crafting bio pets" books to get something special? Maybe combine the submission of BOD books and something else to get a creature on a perch?

(Or as a pessimist would say: here comes a flood of stuff you can put on a perch :mrgreen: )
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Howdy,

I think there are sort of two issues here.

1. Taming 120 difficult animals like drakes and dragons is very different from taming 120 farm animals. Yet the rewards are the same.

2. The bio book is not very useful after the first couple. That plus 2k gold is not a great reward.

For point 1, maybe set the rewards based on the difficulty of filling the bod rather than the number of animals contained?

The White Wyrms you have to find and tame for the dragon lbod? That's hard! The unicorns that only a female character can tame for the swamp dragon lbod? Only a handful spawn anywhere on the shard at a time.

For point 2, maybe some way to swap the bio book for the 6k organics reward instead.
jradford
Master Scribe

Post by jradford »

Maybe need a BOD for BOD rewards. I have been doing lots of low level smith and tailor to turn in for better BODs. The Low end smith rewards are useful (and stackable). Like picks/shovels/hammers. The low level tailor rewards are not useful and end up in my recycle bag (dye tubs & looms). It would be great to fill a BOD with rewards like 20 tubs, 20 looms, 20 .... to turn in for something useful or unique. Same with all that +1 clothing which gets tossed/recycled.

Adding - Maybe a BOD needing one of each color loom for a unique color, or 1 full +1 suit to turn in for a random +3 piece.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thanks Wil, that's useful info.
@jradford: Although all types of BODs could be improved, for now this thread is only about large-count taming BODs.

(Also: title of the thread changed)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Nayra
Novice Scribe

Re: Improvement of high-level taming BOD rewards

Post by Nayra »

I know its about Taming BODS but its useful to look on other BODS. I turned in a 20 Purple Heart 6 Piece Fletching LBOD. As reward i got more than 120k. If i would do a LBOD Dragon, which I dont because of all the work, 120k would be a good amount of Gold. I dont know the percentage of the rewards. But maybe to get a Bio Engeneering Book it should be 10%, Organics or Leather should be about 50% thats the most useful reward. It would be good to have a difference if u turn in a Farm Bod or a Ridable Bod or Swamp Dragon, which I cant, cause i cant tame a kirin. But i didnt try Disguise, Ill give that a try. So what i wanna say is, there must be a difference what kind of animals u need to tame and how difficult and so the reward should be.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

jradford wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:01 am
The low level tailor rewards are not useful and end up in my recycle bag (dye tubs & looms).
Those leather dye tubs stack. Double-click one tub. Then click another.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Might also be nice to add a hunting lbod to collect:

Boar
Great Hart
Hind
Jack Rabbit
Rabbit

and maybe alligator?

Awful lot of small taming bods that don't fit a large bod.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Idea for a useful tool/potion as reward: insta-tame of agressive creatures, or something to make the whole subjugation&taming process easier. As a reward for higher-level BODs, with a number of uses.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Colibri wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:45 pm
Idea for a useful tool/potion as reward: insta-tame of agressive creatures, or something to make the whole subjugation&taming process easier. As a reward for higher-level BODs, with a number of uses.
Gloves of animal handling which cause tamable animals to treat you as if you had young player status (don't aggro unless attacked)?