Animal Taming

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Animal Taming

Post by Tribecca »

I'm at 120 Taming and with these equipped, it stays at 120. So, I guess these are worthless for going over the 120 cap? I can barely tame a dragon. lol.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (33.71 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Re: Animal Taming

Post by Nick »

sadly, jewelry can not take skills over your cap here like some places (I wished it did would make jewels worth looking at) only things with +(a number) bonus to some skill can take you over cap. They are usually bod rewards and there are none for taming I know of...

Dragon taming is annoying because they have a RNG "you anger the beast" thing not affected by your taming level. At 120 when you do actually get to start taming a dragon you almost always succeed unless it takes some dmg. I just have a loop macro to keep attempting to tame the last target that will spam 15 attempts on a dragon in 3 seconds (theres no wait time to try again) and stop as soon as you actually start saying words to tame it.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

You'll see things like "Lumberjacking +5" and "Lumberjacking Bonus: +5". The former increases your skill up to max. The latter (bonus) increases your skill over max. Except for the hammers don't say bonus but do increase your skill over max.
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

That's what I thought. So jewelry like these two are only worth something to a newbie (if they can afford them), and then after that, they are not worth anything. Kinda sad, since +18 is pretty awesome. Oh well.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Yeah, they're training jewelry. +30 total animal taming boosts you from the 30ish skill training you can buy up to the 60ish you need to start making pet dyes. By making pet dyes and removing the taming jewelry at the right times you can get from 0 to 90 animal taming very easily. And then you pass them on to the next person.