Resetting voting achievement counter

Name says it all
Eless
Master Scribe

Resetting voting achievement counter

Post by Eless »

Since the new achievement was introduced I've been trying to reach the 120 days consecutive votings, from time to time I'd fail and miss a day but a few more times the counter would just reset itself. Until recently I thought that I just forgot to vote and didn't realize that but now I have proof that something is wrong with the counting system. In the screenshot, you can see that the voting stone gump shows 14 days of consecutive voting but the achievement counter only 9 days. I made a similar screenshot ~50 days before but I can't find it now, it is not a one-time bug, at least for me.
Has this happened to anyone else?
voting_reset.png
voting_reset.png (483.19 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Resetting voting achievement counter

Post by +Colibri »

Long story short, this might be because you didn't claim the reward right away, but on the next day - the achievement gets triggered when you claim the reward. Let's say if you don't claim it on one day after voting, but do it on the next day, the achievement system thinks you missed a day and resets it. Send a ticket in-game, and i will be able to undo your most-recent reset.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

Thanks +C for explanation. that would explain certain missed but not missed voting in this achievement.
I usually placed it on the score of voting too late or too early where 2 voting session were falling into the same day server time. or was gap and it was not yet midnight server time ...bees are more predictable with "reset hour" not calendar day.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Hmm not sure if I understand - so you're saying that you were claiming the voting rewards right after, on every calendar day, and the achievement has still reset?

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

To keep everyone in the loop, I looked into this specific situation and found that although the votes were done every day, the rewards weren't claimed. There was a claim on december 2nd, then nothing on 3rd, then two reward claims on 4th.

There was also another ticket, asking me to look into a voting achievement reset, but in that case there was a missing day for voting (so there was no reward to claim at all).

I'd say that the system works ok, just be sure to claim the reward right after voting, the only way for the achievement to progress. This could be improved/recoded so that past rewards would be properly counted towards the achievement, but it's quite time consuming so I'll leave it as is (not to break anything while i'm at it).

(Old Colibrian proverb)