Relayered to Ring Stats

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Relayered to Ring Stats

Post by Tribecca »

Hey guys. I have had this ring for a while and I am curious to know if any of these stats are irrelevant to my character since it is in the ring slot.

Thanks!
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (112.49 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Relayered to Ring Stats

Post by Wil »

Howdy,

I hope you didn't spend the ED yourself relayering that at level 65 instead of level 100!

When you open the level weapon menu (single-click, Information), nothing in the "weapon hits" category applies to the relayer. Everything else applies.

There are two wiki articles on relayers which, between them, cover this and every other restriction on the effect of relayers.

Regards,
Wil
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

Thanks! You think if I relayer this to a weapon again, I can finish out the leveling?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Not sure if you can or not, but certainly not worth all the EDs you have to spend in order to do it.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

hey Tribecca,

logged in and the last three posts I've read have been you asking a question and then getting dumped on for asking it... I'm sorry for that, sometimes we forget how customized our shard is and how it changes some things.

There has been a school of thought (that i don't agree with entirely) that a level 100 relayer isn't necessary as level 90-100 takes a long time (if you're not just watching a macro whilst watching twitch) and you get all the core things you need out of a relayer by level 75/85ish depending on your suit (I have around 60-100 points left on most of my last few relayers because there's nothing useful to spend the points on) so, relayering before level 100 isn't unheard of (though certainly not the norm) as explained anything that hits the target directly doesn't matter at all when you make it a relayer (hit lighting, hit lower defense, hit manna leach ect...)

With this ring, you have clearly invested a LOT into it (400 luck isn't cheap) if I were you I would buy one +10 level deed and attempt to apply it to the ring I am 99% sure you can still level it up with a deed even as a ring because the game still sees it as the weapon it was; if it applies you can buy 2 more and get it to 95 and decided if that last 5 levels to 100 is worth the money... (id say no its not), relayering this back to a weapon... manually leveling then relayering back to a ring would cost 1000 eds vers 300 eds (400 if you want those 5 levels)

leveling all the way to 100 is the norm because... well more is better... this weapon is still missing some core relayer parts (RPD and increase potions) and reselling (though selling something with 400 luck you never get you money back) is very hard to imposable.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Nick wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 am
With this ring, you have clearly invested a LOT into it (400 luck isn't cheap) if I were you I would buy one +10 level deed and attempt to apply it to the ring I am 99% sure you can still level it up with a deed even as a ring because the game still sees it as the weapon it was; if it applies you can buy 2 more and get it to 95 and decided if that last 5 levels to 100 is worth the money... (id say no its not), relayering this back to a weapon... manually leveling then relayering back to a ring would cost 1000 eds vers 300 eds (400 if you want those 5 levels)
That's a great point which I missed. You can still add levels to it with a +10 weapon level deed and you can still apply the resulting points even though it has already been relayered.

However, before you do that I would compare the stats with a fresh blaze of death and find out where the points have been spent versus where they're "supposed" to be spent for a relayer. If you can still cover all the core stats then it's probably worth it.

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Relayer#Getting_Started

If you can't cover all the core stats, I caution against the sunk cost fallacy. Just because you've already spent a lot doesn't mean it's worth spending more.
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

It's all good. Thanks for the tips. Not sure what I'm going to do. Still learning a lot. I used to play here a while back and came back, so I don't remember where I got some of this stuff. LOL.