About John Warren...

Name says it all
Ranametalera
Master Scribe

About John Warren...

Post by Ranametalera »

Guys, am I the only one who finds what John Warren does in TC spinning or running senseless truly irritating? Please tell me if I am missing something completely different and wonderful, because I really find it very annoying ...

If so, I apologize in advance to everyone for being the bitter town and let's enjoying of this.

If not, please Warren I ask you to stop with that and go to do it in a place that is not public, I am not sure if any rule is being broken but as adults and with good will I ask you to do it at home.

I will not respond to this post since it is not my idea to enter into arguments and hurt anyone, if my request is incorrect I ask you to ignore it and move on.

Thanks.
Kensho
Passer by

Re: About John Warren...

Post by Kensho »

Hahaha, I go to tc only for see what's happend, because it's the third person that comment Jhon Warren today... I think it's funny... Hahaaha
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

@+C can we get this thread deleted for its flagrant disregard of server and forum rules? Please and thank you.

OP, Whist I hope you only get like 20 jail tasks you cant call out people by name on the forums (that's for discord) if you think there has been a rules violation in WC Submit an in-game ticket through the help menu. It will receive the appropriate level of response based on the severity of the "problem" (I've had quite literally dozens of responses from +C quite a few relating to WC issues).

Odds are John isn't breaking any rules (he has been here 10 years, and as much as I love telling him when he is wrong he knows the rules and follows them quite well) however, if his legal conduct annoys you type [pm or [c in-game and hit enter then search his name and block him in the menu. It is an easy fix and doesn't result in you getting a thread deleted or risking some jail tasks because you cant follow the rules.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

I he spinning counterclockwise?
https://xkcd.com/162/
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

"We Can Dance if We Want To" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Nick wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:56 pm
@+C can we get this thread deleted for its flagrant disregard of server and forum rules? Please and thank you.

OP, Whist I hope you only get like 20 jail tasks you cant call out people by name on the forums (that's for discord) if you think there has been a rules violation in WC Submit an in-game ticket through the help menu. It will receive the appropriate level of response based on the severity of the "problem" (I've had quite literally dozens of responses from +C quite a few relating to WC issues).
Please can you show me the link to this rule, i'm sorry but i can't find it. Thank you in advance.
Nick wrote:
Odds are John isn't breaking any rules (he has been here 10 years, and as much as I love telling him when he is wrong he knows the rules and follows them quite well) however, if his legal conduct annoys you type [pm or [c in-game and hit enter then search his name and block him in the menu. It is an easy fix and doesn't result in you getting a thread deleted or risking some jail tasks because you cant follow the rules.
Don't take me wrong i think John is not a bad guy, on the other hand the red sign in TC above the world teleport is pretty clear:
TC_Sign.jpg
TC_Sign.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
About the account age: Ranametalera also has a 10+ years account. Honestly account age means nothing, but i'm with you when you say that this kind of problem can be solved with a [pm. IMHO both, John and Ranametalera, don't deserve any kind of penalty.
Give me a mask and i will tell the truth.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

valeriano wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:40 pm
Nick wrote:
Please can you show me the link to this rule, i'm sorry but i can't find it. Thank you in advance.
It isn't written in the codex explicitly, but it is part of the harassment rules. It is enforced on the forum. You talk about the problem, not the player. Naming the player is not allowed. +C usually shuts it down pretty fast... here's an example:
+Colibri wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:50 pm

[*] @qbf: you mentioned in your first reply [redacted] This is blacklisting, and not allowed. ... if you stick to facts and not go against the person/name, that is (and should be) allowed.
valeriano wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Don't take me wrong i think John is not a bad guy, on the other hand the red sign in TC above the world teleport is pretty clear:

TC_Sign.jpg

but i'm with you when you say that this kind of problem can be solved with a [pm. IMHO
I am pretty sure that sign is with regards to people macroing skills etc up that have animations and make additional lagginess or by putting extra journal spam in TC. A character spinning or walking (I didn't have my footprints turned on) shouldn't fall under that rule. Happy to be proven wrong, send a page (as Nick suggest) if my TC macros annoy you and let the staff w̶a̶s̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ deal with it. Other adult solutions: if you are just banksitting in TC don't get stressed about a few pixels moving, if it is really triggering you send me a [pm (which he did not), I am a reasonable human and would happily jump to another bank to do my thing. You could also banksit elsewhere if my character spinning is causing you distress. You could avert your eyes from that part of the screen. There are myriad adult solutions to the perceived issue of my spinning, the most ridiculous being calling me out on the forums and starting a shardwide thread about it! Should probably make a forum poll about it, get as many people on board to talk about my destructive behaviour.

What I find particularly interesting is I haven't even run my spinning macro in weeks now (I've been trying to get the saddle sores achievement so have been running a walking back and forth macro when I banksit or AFK overnight and I usually do this in Trinsic or at my house, I did run it at TC last night until someone clever boxed me in, literally :lol: ), so I guess OP has been stewing and brewing on this for some time...

Now onto my well prepared and adult response to Ranametalara and this serious accusation and slander on my character:

:lool:

Ok, the serious response:
Ranametalera wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 am
Please tell me if I am missing something completely different and wonderful

if my request is incorrect I ask you to ignore it and move on.
Answer to the first part, yes, yes you are, but since you took this to the forums instead of just sending me a [pm I'm not going to tell you about the amazing and insightful stuff you are missing.

Secondly, since you took this to the forums instead of sending me a [pm I find it difficult to ignore. Hence me stealing the attention to basically talk about myself for a few pages :D

PS I just read through the portal chat from last night to see if my running in TC was what triggered OP here. I noticed most of you took it in good humour and just mocked me, exactly what I woulda done. I got to the discussion about my forum pic and just to put all the rumours to rest its a picture of John Warren, who I named my character after. Since everyone is discussing me on this thread here's my input to Glyph's "What's in a name" thread from a few years back.
qbf wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:57 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Warren

I'm Aussie. Like football. This was a night to remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAZqCJHuuus

At 35s into the video one of the Aussie comentators yells out "Johnny Warren!" (Hence why I used to yell it out for all you vets who remember my random [c shenanigans). [edit: the shenanigans I speak of for those youngins out there, I used to yell JOHNNY WARREN!!!!!!!!!!! randomly in wc. Some vets will still log on to this day, see me and yell that into WC :D I might have to start that back up (at least until someone gets cranky at me for making some pixels appear on their screen for a few seconds of their life and makes a whole forum thread about how it is ruining their adult gaming experience)]

John Warren died shortly before Australia's second world cup finals appearance.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Who cares? If he wants to look silly, that's his business. *rolls eyes*
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

While we are getting all our grief about annoying things, there's 2 things I see in TC that really is starting to annoy me. It might just be me, but let me know if you agree....

1) I'm really sick of people banksitting on chargers of the fallen, seriously annoys me. Get a nicer steed. :verymad: Polar bears are pretty over rated too.

2) the hues some people use on their items while they come through TC is so annoying. Seriously starting to rile me up, it's like they do it to purposely make me mad and ruin my gaming experience :verymad: I find it difficult to do my banksitting in peace with all these players wearing terrible hues and riding chargers.

I won't name and shame the players, but you know who you are, quit it.

Am I right??
JOHNNY WARREN!
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

qbf wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 pm
While we are getting all our grief about annoying things, there's 2 things I see in TC that really is starting to annoy me. It might just be me, but let me know if you agree....

1) I'm really sick of people banksitting on chargers of the fallen, seriously annoys me. Get a nicer steed. :verymad: Polar bears are pretty over rated too.

2) the hues some people use on their items while they come through TC is so annoying. Seriously starting to rile me up, it's like they do it to purposely make me mad and ruin my gaming experience :verymad: I find it difficult to do my banksitting in peace with all these players wearing terrible hues and riding chargers.

I won't name and shame the players, but you know who you are, quit it.

Am I right??
The point is that there's nothing saying you can't use a ugly mount or a terrible hue, but is crystal clear written in TC that you can't macro or leave unattended pets. Annoying macros are not a part of a personal interpretation, it means: macro are annoying to other people in TC, like unattended pets, please run your spinning macro in your house. As a result now we have a group of people running their spinning macro in TC because they read this thread, they liked your personal interpretation of the rules, and they are happy to do something they know being annoying for other people. Imagine the entire server doing the same :roll: .
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I tried to respond to the ridiculousness of this entire fiasco with some gentle trolling and humour. I actually do not care what people do in TC, ride what you want, wear whatever items and colours you want. Spin or stand still, whatever. I do get annoyed when I try and read through the journal and have a whole night of "An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen, An Lor Xen". The colour, size or orientation of a few pixels somewhere on my screen while I am shopping or adjusting vendor prices truly doesn't bother me. Maybe I am just an overly tolerant person, but I honestly don't think it's a massive deal. Now, onto the refutations.
valeriano wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 pm

but is crystal clear written in TC that you can't macro or leave unattended pets.
Annoying macros are not a part of a personal interpretation,
It most certainly is not crystal clear and is partly personal interpretation. What annoys some, others really enjoy. When I spun for the very first night I awoke to multiple positive PMs from players that enjoyed the beauty of it. I had players record me and post it in the "screenshots of the shard" post. Overall, minus this bizarre thread, I have had overwhelmingly positive feedback on the spinning. Annoying macros is in no way "crystal clear", it is actually entirely ambiguous. That said, I can see how my running macro would have been annoying and I will take that one back to my house.
valeriano wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 pm
As a result now we have a group of people running their spinning macro in TC because they read this thread, they liked your personal interpretation of the rules, and they are happy to do something they know being annoying for other people. Imagine the entire server doing the same :roll: .
I am imagining it and it is making me smile. I think it would honestly be amazing. I know this will come of as just some more trolling, but I earnestly mean this. How cool would it be? Imagine if we had every tile filled and we got it synched up, so we rotate at the same rate! It would look incredible and bring huge amounts of joy to me and I assure you, many others. Feel free to come and join us and you never know, you might like it!

I think some people just have nothing better to do than to have a grumble about anything. I don't get it, sorry. Like I said maybe I am too tolerant but on this world of 0s and 1s the orientation and motion of a few minor pixels that I can easily not observe if I want, really doesn't bother me.

When something on here does bug me, you know what I do? I [pm the person and politely explain why what they are doing is annoying. In almost every case they reply, oh, sorry, noted, I'll adjust my actions. If someone is breaking a rule and I feel like they should be reported, I report it. If they are breaking the rule, the +'s deal with it. If OP had of just done either of these things this entire fiasco could have been avoided.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Personally, I see folks macro-walking unattended as an opportunity to practice my carpentry skills. How many wooden crates will it take?
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Wil wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:52 am
Personally, I see folks macro-walking unattended as an opportunity to practice my carpentry skills. How many wooden crates will it take?
That's the spirit! That's also exactly what someone did to me :woot:
JOHNNY WARREN!
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

well now im making a spinning macro and letting it run lol... running macros "request" sign means spells and ground discarding things... not standing in one spot and minding ones business. lul
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Nick wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:27 am
well now im making a spinning macro and letting it run lol... running macros "request" sign means spells and ground discarding things... not standing in one spot and minding ones business. lul
"running macros "request" sign means spells and ground discarding things": your personal interpretation is way too far from what people read on the sign.

To summarize, we have a non written rule that need to be strictly respected (don't name people on chat/forum, and a written "thing" (TC sign don't run annoying macro) that can be interpreted depending on the basis of personal taste.
In your vision the rule that can harm your friend should be ignored, instead the rule that can harm the enemy of your friend should be strictly implemented as fast as possible with a penalty.

We already know this trick, In your language: “To my friends, anything; to my enemies, the law”. Google is your friend :roll: .
In my country we say: with friends the law need to be interpreted, with enemies the law need to be applied.

With that assumption you said: <put the guy in jail! Let people run the macro they want because the written part is a detail that can be fooled with the old trick of the free interpretation, my interpretation not your interpretation of course.>. And then, to make your argument "stronger" you said: <my friend is a veteran he knows the rules!.> Without realizing two amazing fact: the guy you want to jail is also a 10+ years veteran, and BOTH, your friend and your enemy, neglected a rule :!: .