Posable Sculptures - HELP!?

Name says it all
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Posable Sculptures - HELP!?

Post by Johnny Warren »

Hello all,

I am seeking information about the posable sculptures. I have (finally) managed to loot a recipe for one. I want to know how to make it and pose it (ie minimise the chance I stuff it up).

How does it work now? Do you make the sculpture of yourself? or do you need a second player to sculpt you? How do you pose it? I've seen some really cool ones out there. I am worried that if I use it on myself it will have me all dressed in super-dorky looking +carpentry gear. I want to be wearing my good clothes, not the +carp stuff.

Help, please. [pm John Warren in game or reply here if you have any helpful information about this process. Thanks.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Posable Sculptures - HELP!?

Post by Johnny Warren »

Thanks for all the help everyone, but I still have a couple of questions... in fact all the oringial questions from the first post remain... plus a few more..

Do you post the sculpture AFTER you've made the deed? can you re-pose it? Can u remake it everytime you redeed it or is it locked in?

Thanks in advance for all the help again :)
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

dont try to craft that recipe till you have 120 carp skill and are wearing a full +30 skill suit and you are equipping a +40 carp skill hammer and even then you can fail.
im a little unsure what happens when you fail on the recipe i do know from experience (twice) that a fail meant the recipe got used up and you had nothing to show for it BUT a few months ago i saw someone fail and recipe was not used up. dunno if colibri changed the rules or its just random and i just had terrible luck. either way i think its smarter to wait till you have the skill and gear before attempting it.
if you succeed at crafting the recipe you will get "a unsculpted statue deed" place that deed in the house you own then double click the large block of granite that deed installs and target the person (or admin) you want to sculpt. actually sculpting the block of granite requires zero skill so anyone can do it but the person sculpting has to own the house that block is placed in and they have to be holding a war hammer (god knows why). you can sculpt yourself but statue will be holding a war hammer and not your favorite weapon.
you can use colored granite and statue will use that color or use plain granite for a white statue. the gear that statue is wearing only matches hue of players gear sometimes its mostly not the same hue and i dunno what its based on. the gear will retain their names when you look at them on statue's paperdoll which is really cool if you like to rename your relayers. gear does not show stats just the names (titans hammer, bone crusher, short spear of penetration etc...)
statue is awesome in every way except for the randomness of the gear hues that can really be disappointing maybe colibri can fix that someday.

yes you can ask an admin to pose for the statue and they will do it eventually just be patient about it and not whine on world chat that youve been waiting a week for them to pose.
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

so... just got one bone to pick culichi...

if someone left the weapon name "short spear of penetration" on a kilt relayer me and all my Celtic ancestors will run this shard out of blue dye and show them how wrong they are....

BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Thanks for the detailed response culichi, it is appreciated.

FYI if you fail making these recipes the recipe is lost. I made a few virtue icons with <190 carp, failed and lost the recipe scrolls.

Just to clarify a few things. Do you have to lock the deed down in someone else's house? Since only the owner of the house can sculpt it? I am a solo player and don't really wanna add someone as an owner to my cave house.

Can you move the statue once it is sculpted? If I have to sculpt it in someone else's house it would be great to be able to move it...
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

co-owner status wont work it has to be the actual house owner but its really not a big deal just ask a friend to place the granite block deed at their house then sculpt you. the finished posable statue can be chopped with a hatchet to redeed same as any other deco deed. the finished statue deed only has the generic name i think "a sculpted statue deed" would have been cool if deed included name of player/admin that was sculpted.

p.s. to redeed the statue target the base not the figure
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

ButteryBiscuits wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:52 pm
so... just got one bone to pick culichi...

if someone left the weapon name "short spear of penetration" on a kilt relayer me and all my Celtic ancestors will run this shard out of blue dye and show them how wrong they are....

i dunno what youre on about i was just innocently listing some of the possible names on a relayer :wink:
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

culichi wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:31 pm
co-owner status wont work it has to be the actual house owner but its really not a big deal just ask a friend to place the granite block deed at their house then sculpt you.
Darn, have to find a friend now.... what's the granite block deed? Is that somethign different to the unsculpted sculpture deed?
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

same thing im just a sloppy writer
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Thanks for all your help and info culichi. It's appreciated.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Another question: Anyone ever tried to make a posable sculpture with a halloween costume on?

I have plans lined up for my next 3 sculptures... had to buy some expensive shields to see those plans realised :lol: ... but then I had the thought about costumes.
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

havnt seen one with halloween costume but when statues first came out a friend made one of himself under the spell that polymorphs caster into a big blue demon or whatever. colibri reverted the statue back unsculpted block and fixed it so we cant pose polymorphed.