Doom chests are broken?

Name says it all
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Doom chests are broken?

Post by Johnny Warren »

So I've been finding the doom chests are a bit buggy at the moment, or maybe they are working as they are supposed to, I don't know. But here's what happens:

Whenever I check the chests there's one of the gem boxes inside that doesn't need a gem to unlock, only 2 of them do. The one that doesn't need a gem to open always has 1 - 3 items, one of which is the books artifact (the ones that lay down, not the stack). The unlocked chest with the books is in all 3 locations as well. So each time I check I only use 6 gems to open the 9 boxes and get 3 books each time I check. I steal the books each time as well.

Is this normal or should I report it in game as a possible bug?

In the past I've had to use a gem to open every box and sometimes there' no artifacts at all and sometimes I get things that aren't books (I've even stolen 2 THs in the past). But it really feels like it's on some sort of broken loop at the moment.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Doom chests are broken?

Post by Possum12 »

I have found that the Doom chests have been like that in all the years I have been checking them. It is my belief that if the spawned artifact is not "stolen" from that spawning of chests, that individual chest does not re-set next time. Not really sure if this affects the ability of being able to get anything decent at next spawn time - though I personally have never gotten another artifact from the the re-set 2 chests.

Not sure if this is a "bug" or not.

Might be just nice if everyone could just loot everything, even if they just tossed it on the ground. Probably just expecting too much for that to be the way though....

So might be worth a ticket to see if chest spawn should fully re-spawn each time or not?
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

def a zero percent chance ill ever empty a chest out doing doom chests... I rarely even move anything in the chest... just look and sigh at the lack of luck... maybe steal the books if im feeling like it though usually not.
tank
Expert Scribe

Post by tank »

its been a liitle while since i did doom chest maybe a couple months ago but all chests needed gems in all 3 locations never had an arti everytime like the books seems bugged to me and i always put the useless items in my trash bag to get the tokens out of them
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Yeah, I think what's happening is people just leaving the books, which doesn't reset that box.
JOHNNY WARREN!