RBG Archery Tournament / Weapon Raffle

Name says it all
Sinja
Master Scribe

RBG Archery Tournament / Weapon Raffle

Post by Sinja »

RBG Archery Tournament!
RBG will be hosting an Archery Tournament/ weapon raffle on 9/11 at 2200 shard time.
Registration starts at 2130 and closes at 2200 at RBG Event Center on the tele under shops.
Archery Tournament entry fee is 10k.

The archery butte scores are really random, so all can play. You do not have to have a great wep or high skill levels to have a chance, so come on out.

The first round- you will get 5 shots to get a combined 20 points.
The second round – you will get 4 shots to get a combined 20 points
The third round – you will get 3 shots to get a combined 20 points.
The fourth round will be a Last Chance Qualifier round- Anyone who did not advance will get one shot at a bullseye to advance to the next round.
The fifth round - The top half of the “field” will advance to the next round. (So if there are 10 players that make it to the fifth round, the top 5 scores will advance)
All other rounds – We will continue to take the top half of the field until we get a winner.

In case of an odd number of players in a field we will take the top half + 1. (So if there were 5 players in that round, we’d take the top 3)

Top 3 winners will get a great looted weapon. Rumor has it that at least one is already leveled with no points spent!

RBG Raffle
We will also be raffling off 4 really good looted weapons! Each raffle entry is 10k. You may enter as many times as you wish at 10k per entry.

We will have the raffle entries on sale around 2 weeks in advance to allow everyone a chance to grab an entry (or 20!) So look for the announcement on that coming soon on the Town Crier!

It’s easy! Take the World Tele to RBG Event Center
Write your name in a book and put it in a bag along with a check for 10k per entry.
And drop it in the inbox for the weapon of your choice at RBG Event Center.
(The winners will be drawn from the entries dropped in that specific Inbox. So you would need to drop 4 entry books/fee, one in each box to have a chance at all 4.)

Your entry fee will be verified by RBG and your book locked into a box.
After the Archery Tournament on Sept 11th, the top 4 winners will draw one box from each weapon entries and smash it to reveal the winner of the Raffle drawing.

DISCLAIMERS
If the book and check is dropped in an inbox without being in a bag, the book will be thrown away and the check will be considered a donation. (We can’t tell who dropped the checks if they aren’t together with the book in a bag)

RBG members may not participate in the raffle, but will be allowed to participate in the archery tournament.

If you have any other questions, you can [pm Sinja or Praise

Good Luck to all!
Last edited by Sinja on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
M3D1CN1
Elder Scribe

Re: RBG Archery Tournament / Weapon Raffle

Post by M3D1CN1 »

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance
Attachments
bardiche.jpg
bardiche.jpg (83.3 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
rbg eventa.jpg
rbg eventa.jpg (196.66 KiB) Viewed 3468 times
10,000 Lemmings cant be WRONG can they
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

The archery tournament sounds awesome!!!
But I'm afraid the raffle will end up like most and go to the person who spends the most wins. But still awesome to add as part of the tournament. :) Looking forward to it!!
IGN: Edwin Roach
Sinja
Master Scribe

Post by Sinja »

We are making the raffle as random as we possibly can. :)
There will be 3 RBG peeps preparing putting books into locked boxes and then dropping them into a chest. (so no placing them)
On Sept 11th, there will be several RBG grabbing them out of the chests and locking them down randomly around on a plot.
The people that choose the winners will be random, as it will be the top 4 winners of the Archery Tournament. So we do not even know who they are yet. lol
The locked boxes will be on display when they are chosen.
Then smashed in front of everyone.
RBG members are not allowed to participate in the Raffle (except as slave labor! )

It may happen that an RBG member picks a box, as they will be allowed to participate in the Archery Tournament because the archery butte scores are all computer generated randomly. We have no control over that. (But it will not be one of the RBG that locked boxes originally)

But it is true, that the more entries you have, the better your chances of winning. But every entry only has one chance. :)

ps. I understand this was not a rant on your behalf, but I used the opportunity to try to reassure everyone we were making it as random and fair as possible. And if you'll see me in game, I'll pay for one raffle entry of your choice for allowing me to use and abuse you in public. :) :P
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

its always easy to point out faults and complain but instead of crying about how theres nothigin to do on the shard at least RBG is making an effort to Do Something.
if you dont like what they do then then come up with something better and show us all how it can be done better
si vis pacem parabellum
Sinja
Master Scribe

Post by Sinja »

For those of you that want to "practice" for the Archery Tournament, go to the Archery buttes East of Haven. (and I think there is one at Skara and maybe some others around)
Line up to the butte with a bow equipped and dbl click the target on the butte! It will tell you your score.
To get your arrows back and reset the scoring, stand next to the butte and dbl click it.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Especially the peanut galley (yeah I'm talking about you again Edwin) that helps make the events so much fun!
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

Thanks for advice, i never used them.
love that you are too far .. you are too close ...
Score 2 after first shot
Score 7 after second shot
Score 27 after 3rd shot ..

so it is 1..20 points per shot :-)
not true..
it is 20pts for inner ring and 50pts for bullseye :-)
Score 37 after 4th shot
Score 87 after 5th shot. that was bullseye
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Sinja wrote:We are making the raffle as random as we possibly can. :)

ps. I understand this was not a rant on your behalf, but I used the opportunity to try to reassure everyone we were making it as random and fair as possible. And if you'll see me in game, I'll pay for one raffle entry of your choice for allowing me to use and abuse you in public. :) :P
Lol you can use and abuse me in public any time. you know i am a big supporter of your events and love them all. Sounds like it's been thought through very nicely and feel sorry for RBG members (one of the few times I'm glad I'm not a member) Looking forward to it.

p.s. inside brit fletcher building is also a place for testing/training your shooting skills. i got 100 points once (i'm gonna assume that's a double bulls eye) no chance in replicating it though :(
IGN: Edwin Roach
Sinja
Master Scribe

Post by Sinja »

And just to clarify

First 3 rounds, the combined score to 20 will be used.
You do not have to hit the 20 on one shot, but get to use your total score.

And RBG members WILL get to participate in the Archery Tournament.
They can NOT participate in the Weapon Raffle.
Gamballa
Novice Scribe

Post by Gamballa »

davethemage wrote:
Sinja wrote:We are making the raffle as random as we possibly can. :)

Lol you can use and abuse me in public any time. you know i am a big supporter of your events and love them all. Sounds like it's been thought through very nicely and feel sorry for RBG members (one of the few times I'm glad I'm not a member) Looking forward to it.

p.s. inside brit fletcher building is also a place for testing/training your shooting skills. i got 100 points once (i'm gonna assume that's a double bulls eye) no chance in replicating it though :(
don't feel sorry for us dave! i love working on these events and cant wait to see everyone come and have fun :) it's gonna be awesome :)
Sinja
Master Scribe

Post by Sinja »

Only 3 days left to get Raffle entries for the Weapon Raffle, Entry ends 9/10 at 23:59 shard time!
Drawing this Sat 9/11 after the Archery Tournament!
M3D1CN1
Elder Scribe

Post by M3D1CN1 »

Party on :dance
Attachments
RBG Event b.jpg
RBG Event b.jpg (183.46 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
10,000 Lemmings cant be WRONG can they
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

Is there a list of who won the drawings? I'm sad I couldn't be there, but I'm deeply curious who won! :)
Sinja
Master Scribe

Post by Sinja »

Wow! we really had a good turnout! You guys are the best!

First of all, I need to send out special shout out to Svenska Flicka for donating all the weps for the Raffles and Archery Tournament! AND leveling the weps that were leveled!!

Second shout out goes to Gamballa, she locked and loaded over 200 boxes for the raffle entries!
And third one goes to Praise, for her always amazing behind the scenes support of my wacky ideas. :)

Ok, now to the Raffle winners!
The yellow 4x46 Crescent Blade - Glenda
The green 4x46 Lance - Bax
The blue leveled Bardiche - Slaphappy
The red 4x58 Bardiche - Matrix

The Archery Winners were
1st Place - Daickove -
2nd Place - Sherk
3rd Place - Tarrah
4th Place - Isedorf

As always we appreciate your support of and at our events.

And remember:
You'll always miss 100% of the shots you never take!
Sinja
Master Scribe

Post by Sinja »

And for the person that was complaining that he had to pay 10k for a shirt...just so you know, those cost better than 50k to make, so maybe you can sell it for your 10k back.