Lag and loosing conn

Name says it all
Wild Retic
Grandmaster Scribe

Lag and loosing conn

Post by Wild Retic »

Ok, When I started playing on this server, I had no issues at all, But this last 5 or 6 days I have had major lag. And its not the kind im used to. I freeze but i can still see other talk, move and such. Is there something I can do to fix this issue ?
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Re: Lag and loosing conn

Post by Alamiester »

sounds like its on your end. quit any applications using bandwidth, especially a bittorrent downloading or uploading, or even streaming services hog alot of bandwidth too.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

i had issues with disconnects not to long ago, the problem was actually the router. it was failing, so was just random disconects. some times would work, other times disconnect every 15 minutes.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I Don't often experience any lag, though yesterday the server went down for me for about 4 min and I couldn't get back in. No one else experienced this problem and it was just me though I don't know what could have caused or corrected the issue; it is working fine now.
Wild Retic
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Wild Retic »

I think i read something about the cache or some type of data in the uo folder that needed to be deleted of something, im still trying to find it