Titan Hammer

Name says it all
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Re: Titan Hammer

Post by valeriano »

Wil wrote:
valeriano wrote:i've seen something about that in the past in your posts regarding farming cloths.
That's a rather ironic choice of complaint. A couple years after my posts complaining about not being able to AFK script thread into cloth on a loom, that entire game mechanic was replaced with the current tailoring menu... where you click a button on the in-game gump and walk away. No scripts involved.
So in the past you was defending the "make money afk" (i don't care if this involve scripting or not), now you are defending the "farm without taking turns at spawns", since you made this conversation a personal attack against me now i want to tell you my opinion about you and people like you, AKA the guys unable to stick to crystal clear rules: i think you and people like you are a disgrace for the community and honest players. Your way of thinking is wrong and harmful to everyone else. I don't think you changed your mind in the last two years so if you go away this place will be better.
Give me a mask and i will tell the truth.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

If you are not at the spawn waiting for your turn, no rule has been broken. You obviously do not understand the rule that you are claiming is being broken.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

valeriano wrote:So in the past you was defending the "make money afk"
Nope. My argument at the time was the rule against afk gathering hadn't been broken because the gathering of flax and wool had already been done while attended. Collecting the resource or selling it was the money maker. Converting the form was not. This was before there was a general prohibition on afk scripting. I was overruled. Later, the game mechanic itself was changed in a way that brought it in line with my preference.
valeriano wrote:now you are defending the "farm without taking turns at spawns"
No, you got that wrong too. Like Xavian said, taking turns at spawns is between the people who show up. There are no turns for folks who aren't there.
valeriano wrote:now i want to tell you my opinion about you and people like you[...]: i think you and people like you are a disgrace for the community and honest players. Your way of thinking is wrong and harmful to everyone else.
Haters gonna hate. I'm good at writing code, I enjoy it, and I joined a shard where the rules make that explicitly okay. You're welcome to your own play style but how vain of you to declare another's play style wrong.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Wil wrote:
No, you got that wrong too. Like Xavian said, taking turns at spawns is between the people who show up. There are no turns for folks who aren't there.
This. To actually participate in a spawn you'll have to stay there, if people just recall around and one person stays on the spawn, the person staying will have the spawn infinitely since no one stays to wait their turn...
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Well, Handsy I'm pretty sure X both knows who I am and agrees with me... most everyone knows who I am and laugh when silly ppl without reason, logic or reading comprehension (or some combination of that) gets trolled mercilessly (think my vendor finally sold out of shadow granet)The rule we were talking about spawn sharing I described correctly and is pretty much a rule that is almost never used these days no because its not still a rule (it is) but, because its just tedious to trigger the rule and easier to just ask someone to PM you when they are done.
handriusl wrote:p.s. thanks for the cheap entertainment. and that's nick of old.. wasn't he in your guild xavian LOL
Nick wrote:The key to the share spawn/steal items rule is the other person must come on the screen say they want a turn and remain there on-screen and visible the whole time while waiting for the first person to take the next kill/item and then it is there turn to wait for it to spawn for them. This used to happen a lot at lady mell (I used to camp it a lot) but, absolutely no one has attempted to trigger this rule with me in years. Why? because is very boring to wait for the person to finish their next kill then wait for your own. Most ppl just say "can you PM when you're done"? and go about their lives doing more profitable things.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Gaara wrote:
Wil wrote:
This. To actually participate in a spawn you'll have to stay there, if people just recall around and one person stays on the spawn, the person staying will have the spawn infinitely since no one stays to wait their turn...
Not only i was there other people was too, trying to get a chance and being repeatedly mob stolen.
Nick wrote:Well, Handsy I'm pretty sure X both knows who I am and agrees with me... most everyone knows who I am and laugh when silly ppl without reason, logic or reading comprehension (or some combination of that) gets trolled mercilessly (think my vendor finally sold out of shadow granet)The rule we were talking about spawn sharing I described correctly and is pretty much a rule that is almost never used these days no because its not still a rule (it is) but, because its just tedious to trigger the rule and easier to just ask someone to PM you when they are done
So the rule is boring to nick of hold then ppl do'nt need to respect it. A perfect example of silly logic. IDK what your vendor have to do with the entire thread and i don't care and nobody care who you are, this thread is not about your person.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Gaara wrote:This. To actually participate in a spawn you'll have to stay there, if people just recall around and one person stays on the spawn, the person staying will have the spawn infinitely since no one stays to wait their turn...
Yep, with all the recall levelers cruising round I often have to stand at the titans liches for 10-20mins to get my key to check... if I recall away and the recall leveler comes through and takes the key, that's my fault for leaving. If I am there waiting and the recall leveler takes my mobs THEN they are breaking the rules.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

valeriano wrote:Not only i was there other people was too, trying to get a chance and being repeatedly mob stolen.
I don't even know what you're talking about any more. I thought what you were saying was that if someone has been camping a spawn then when you arrive you should get the very next one. That's not right. You don't know what happened before you arrived. You weren't there. The fact you saw someone there a couple other times doesn't mean a thing. He saw you there just as many times. Think about it.

When you arrive you join the end of the line. Each person you see already there gets one turn. A mob killed. A pet tamed. An item claimed. Whatever the spawn is. Then they either leave or go to the back of the line. When each has had their turn, it's your turn. Anyone who arrives after you joins the line after you. That's taking turns at a spawn.

Simple. Obvious. And pretty much the same way it works in every other line you've been in. You don't get to cut in line for the roller coaster because everybody else has ridden it already and this is your first time of the day.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Wil wrote:
valeriano wrote:Not only i was there other people was too, trying to get a chance and being repeatedly mob stolen.
I don't even know what you're talking about any more.
You never know what i'm talking about, this for sure. You have difined yourself with your own word as a person who like to interpret the rules every time depending of your personal convenience. So don't quote my posts anymore. I'm not even reading what you wrote after the first period. You are only here to switch the focus from the main argument.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

valeriano wrote:You never know what i'm talking about, this for sure.
I guess that makes two of us.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Super easy solution here. Record the potentially broken rule being broken. Then show a GM. They will tell you if an actual rule was broken.

No more need to insult, and argue over this.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

So... In your original post you stated the problem:
valeriano wrote:We have a problem: the same guy camping day and night at the titan hammer spawns.
Then you made up a rule for something you don't understand:
valeriano wrote:camping endlessly a spawn without taking turns is against the rules.
After that you immediately called yourself out:
valeriano wrote:People talk about rules and know nothing about them.
And finally, you said what everyone is thinking about your posts:
valeriano wrote:you fail so much with your arguments.
That about sums up the thread.
Dark Omen
Passer by

Post by Dark Omen »

I've spent some time at the spawns myself and I can say I've never seen anyone steal kills or not willing to take turns if you physically stay there. If someone is there and you check 10 times in 5 mins and they are camping, the mobs spawn and they kill the spawn, check the chest, and then recall out. A half hour later they check, no one is there, so they camp a few mins and you recall in again that's not a "take turns" scenario. And that does sound like what's happening from your earlier posts. Just because you were both there earlier doesn't entitle you to the next if you did not stay there and physically wait, and that's what people are trying to tell you. Your story has changed as people give you feedback. First they were camping the spawn. Then they were afk scripting. Now they are stealing kills? I think your interpretation of the rule is a bit off, and everyone else is just trying to explain to you. When they do you tell them "you aren't the owner of the shard", but neither are you. Let the staff observe and they will determine if there is a rule being broken, though I have a feeling you will be disappointed with their ruling on this matter.

You started this by saying you didn't want to cause drama. Yet you have gone on to accuse people of cheating, stealing, and attacked every person who has simply disagreed with you, or tried to explain the rule to you. Page the staff, let them observe, and see what they tell you. Problem solved.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Dark Omen wrote:I've spent some time at the spawns myself and I can say I've never seen anyone steal kills or not willing to take turns if you physically stay there. If someone is there and you check 10 times in 5 mins and they are camping, the mobs spawn and they kill the spawn, check the chest, and then recall out. A half hour later they check, no one is there,
In the last week i had 0 chance to find a key mob.
so they camp a few mins and you recall in again that's not a "take turns" scenario. And that does sound like what's happening from your earlier posts. Just because you were both there earlier doesn't entitle you to the next if you did not stay there and physically wait, and that's what people are trying to tell you. Your story has changed as people give you feedback. First they were camping the spawn. Then they were afk scripting. Now they are stealing kills?
My main argument is: someone is camping TH endlessly. And i know who, I don't want to share the nick here. Anyway. Then people started to add arguments to the discussions, and 2 of them did worst driving the discussion off topic, with the tactic called "argument ad hominem". I'm only defending myself showing who is who.
Dark Omen wrote: I think your interpretation of the rule is a bit off, and everyone else is just trying to explain to you.
Everyone else is not the rule, you can find the rules on the codex. I posted the rule here. Read them instead of defending dirty minded people.
Dark Omen wrote: When they do you tell them "you aren't the owner of the shard", but neither are you. Let the staff observe and they will determine if there is a rule being broken, though I have a feeling you will be disappointed with their ruling on this matter.
I'm never said i'm the owner, sir wil think he is the owner who can tell who can stay and who need to go away. Read his first post.
You started this by saying you didn't want to cause drama. Yet you have gone on to accuse people of cheating, stealing, and attacked every person who has simply disagreed with you, or tried to explain the rule to you. Page the staff, let them observe, and see what they tell you. Problem solved.
They said they are joining the "dark side" right here on this forum. You are wasting your words defending this kind of people.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

valeriano wrote:I'm never said i'm the owner, sir wil think he is the owner
No.
valeriano wrote:who can tell who can stay and who need to go away. Read his first post.
Wil wrote:If someone is afk scripting this it's already against the rules. Wouldn't it be easy enough [for the admins] to check [after you report the rule violation]?