Titan Hammer

Name says it all
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Titan Hammer

Post by valeriano »

Titan Hammer... the pain within.

We have a problem: the same guy camping day and night at the titan hammer spawns.

Remove major gems from exex, if you buy 1000 of each you can open 8000 doom chests (11+ chest per hour 24h/24 each month) with an investment of nearly 30M gold, with a net gain of 200M gold, a regular player need to farm 6,666M ( :evil: ) per day to reach such amount of net profit.

Maybe this way we can start to fight at mob spawns that drop gems instead :lol: .
Give me a mask and i will tell the truth.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: Titan Hammer

Post by Sir Blood »

The easy solution, have true sight mobs that are too OP for 1 player to fight them. True sight means they see through hiding/invisible. Have them wander around the Titan Spawns. Could go 1 step further and give them whirlwind attack with poison...

I would suggest introduction of an item that is better than a Bone Crusher but not as good as a Titans AND make something comparable to the Titan. New items require a new land of sorts, doesn't have to be complex... Could make it similar to Gauntlet... BUT WAY HARDER! No way to solo it, you need a group of people and expect to die a few times... Pets can not be summoned here. I would expect this to be a popular place, why not code in multiple instances. Toss in really annoying buffs on the mobs that dispel will remove for you...

* * * Buffs like * * *
- Hit Point Vampire - HP Drain is reversed, you don't heal yourself, it heals the mobs.
- Mana Vampire - MP Drain is reversed...
- Indestructible Shell - Physical and Magic IMMUNE
- Dispel Aura - Chance of dispelling buffs when in proximity (or make it work like reactive armor but for any sort of attack)
- Damage Reflection - 100% Damage is reflected back but kicks in based on percentage chance

Toss in de-bufs to the players like
- Zombie curse - Bandage healing either has a much higher fail chance or heals at a greatly reduced rate.
- Confused - Every attack has a chance to hit a human player

You might start to see a theme going here... Not harder exactly... Incentive to group up for survival.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

-1... We don't need new content.

If you can't beat them, join them. You've already done the math. You've determined it is a beneficial to buy the gems and camp it, so do that. Create competition. I just stole one not too long ago, so it can be done.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

i dont see how 1 person can camp 3 different locations that spawn close together. (time wise)..if u recall run into area n somebody is there go to the 2nd or 3rd spot....unless the 1 person is multi boxing with 3 different ch's with 1 camped at each spot...which i think is probably very unlikely. friend of mine put in the time/effort and got his 1st titan's with less then 2 1/2 months play time...no sense in changin it cause some say its too hard to get....thats why they sell for 2k+ ed's...makin all the suggested changes to it would prollly just lock out the younger players n give older maxxed out players an advantage.....took me btw 6 weeks of every waking moment to get my first th aint really tried to since....so just keep trying but dont expect a th every time u drop a gem on one of the boxes
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I don't see a need to fix this. The current system is much better than the old system and it has made big gems a more valuable commodity which helps newer players make some gold. There are 3 locations, so it is physically impossible to camp all 3 locations. As Xavian said, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It is a frustrating venture but only 12 spawn per year (on average) so don't expect to be getting heaps of them even if you spend a lot of time and gold checking.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Handrius
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Handrius »

:lool: :lool: :lool:
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Gameplay should be more than repetitive mindless activity. Getting TH is just a matter of time spent now - not skill, gear or anything else. Its too boring for me.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

@sir blood: too complex, this will take months to write, debug and test.

@xavian: i' m fine with your opinion about new content. But, but I don't want to join the "dark side", in the end this server is based on the share and wait concept and i like it. Never is perfect, at the same time i don't see the necessity to make things worst becoming a camper like someone else.

@dreamstalker: teleport to point a get the key, tel to point b do the same, tel to point c do the same, open the chests. I've seen this form of playing repeated over and over by a specific player in the last weeks. No need of multiboxing. I don't want to make the system not accessible to new players (yes i know you are referring to sir blood post, just adding my 2 cents), i want that each player need to farm for his/her gems in order to open the chests.

@qbf: i'm not complaining about the gem market, a player working on getting gems buying and negotiating them with other players is ok because there is an effort in that, also farming mobs to get them is ok (effort), this is IMHO more balanced. On the other side the exex system offers a huge amount of gems instantly giving a fast and somewhat effortless chance to camp TH boxes for an entire month 24/24. Of the last 3 TH 2 of were dropped on the hands of such kind of campers. No other ware on exex generate so much imbalance in revenue.

@handrius: a perfect example of constructive argument :roll: .

Thank you all for the comments, if the majority are opting to keep things as they are i'm fine. No drama.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

valeriano wrote:@sir blood: too complex, this will take months to write, debug and test.
Is this a joke? There are so many ways to improve it that its too long to write. Even with some problems at start, its possible to balance, but anything would be better than current situation that probably is only good if you have script.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

If someone is afk scripting this it's already against the rules. Wouldn't it be easy enough to check?
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Wil wrote:If someone is afk scripting this it's already against the rules. Wouldn't it be easy enough to check?
I would hardly call "gameplay" process of watching netflix while script is checking TH/killing balrons in other window.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Iltar wrote:
Wil wrote:If someone is afk scripting this it's already against the rules. Wouldn't it be easy enough to check?
I would hardly call "gameplay" process of watching netflix while script is checking TH/killing balrons in other window.
Your definition of gameplay doesn't matter. If the player is following the rules laid out in the Codex, that is all that matters.
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Post by Zeratul »

@Xavian.

Hard facts.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Zeratul wrote:@Xavian.

Hard facts.
Hard mistakes, fast codex check:

6. Behavior, attitude towards other players:
a. If there is more than one player at a spawn, the players must take turns. Once a player kills/tames a monster or takes/steals an item, he or she must go in the back of the line and wait for others to get their turn.

So camping endlessly a spawn without taking turns is against the rules. Period. People talk about rules and know nothing about them. I know that now someone will raise from the ashes with a funny, exotic, insane definition of "take turns" statement. I'm waiting for that :).

Another point is how much is in line with the rules the "join the dark side" attitude, let's check the codex again:

d. If you are in a situation with another player that won't go away by itself, don't go make it worse for yourself by doing something against the rules. Let the staff know, we have experience with this.

https://www.uoex.net/codex

Good luck with the "interpretation" of the rules.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

valeriano wrote: Hard mistakes, fast codex check:
Problem is not camping or mob stealing.
Fact is that players with scripts that check TH/kill balrons/level weapons who don't really play, do have very big advantage over those who try to play by hand and really click instead of scripts. THs are limited in amount is what making things worse.
Repetitive activity like leveling weapons/checking TH/killing balrons are contributing to this. I don't suggest to totally ban scripts, but such things should not be more profitable than real playing.
Uoex is not first mmorpg where this happens.