Name says it all
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Re: Titan Hammer

Post by valeriano »

Iltar wrote:
valeriano wrote: Hard mistakes, fast codex check:
Problem is not camping or mob stealing.
Fact is that players with scripts that check TH/kill balrons/level weapons who don't really play, do have very big advantage over those who try to play by hand and really click instead of scripts. THs are limited in amount is what making things worse.
Repetitive activity like leveling weapons/checking TH/killing balrons are contributing to this. I don't suggest to totally ban scripts, but such things should not be more profitable than real playing.
Uoex is not first mmorpg where this happens.
Gems are not banned if you can't buy them in bulk from exex you still can farm them. Having s LOT of gems immediatly make it easyer for people with a good script to camp all day long. Hey guys you are failing with simple logic c'mon.
Give me a mask and i will tell the truth.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

valeriano wrote: Gems are not banned if you can't buy them in bulk from exex you still can farm them. Having s LOT of gems immediatly make it easyer for people with a good script to camp all day long. Hey guys you are failing with simple logic c'mon.
Buying gems from [exex is not hard. What is boring is the process of teleporting to each chest/dropping gems done dozens times each day.
IF you really needed to find/farm hard mobs with some risk or do champs/quests to get gems, so you could only check TH couple times a day, then it would be more fun.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Iltar wrote:Fact is that players with scripts that check TH/kill balrons/level weapons who don't really play, do have very big advantage over those who try to play by hand and really click instead of scripts.
No offense man but if this is what you want, find a server which disallows advanced scripting engines. There are more of them than there are servers like UOEX which intentionally allow them with all the consequences, good and bad.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Wil wrote:No offense man but if this is what you want, find a server which disallows advanced scripting engines.
This is approximately what I've done for now, but I had played on uoex for years before that and enjoyed many strong sides of this shard.
Anyway as I said I'm not against scripts, I'm againt scripts being most profitable activity. When most of gold is made by bots, its bad for real players.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

valeriano wrote:
Zeratul wrote:@Xavian.

Hard facts.
Hard mistakes, fast codex check:

6. Behavior, attitude towards other players:
a. If there is more than one player at a spawn, the players must take turns. Once a player kills/tames a monster or takes/steals an item, he or she must go in the back of the line and wait for others to get their turn.

So camping endlessly a spawn without taking turns is against the rules. Period. People talk about rules and know nothing about them. I know that now someone will raise from the ashes with a funny, exotic, insane definition of "take turns" statement. I'm waiting for that :).

Another point is how much is in line with the rules the "join the dark side" attitude, let's check the codex again:

d. If you are in a situation with another player that won't go away by itself, don't go make it worse for yourself by doing something against the rules. Let the staff know, we have experience with this.

https://www.uoex.net/codex

Good luck with the "interpretation" of the rules.
There is zero logic in this post. If nobody else is at the spawn, it's yours. Just like any other spawn. Once I clear the Brit graveyard, I don't have to wait for every other player on the server to do it before I clear again. If nobody is waiting for the spawn, it's my turn again. If you're actively trying to kill the mobs that drop the key and someone comes in to steal the kills/key, then rules have been broken.

Let me highlight a key part that you ignored in the rule that you cited:
6. Behavior, attitude towards other players:
a. If there is more than one player at a spawn, the players must take turns. Once a player kills/tames a monster or takes/steals an item, he or she must go in the back of the line and wait for others to get their turn.

If you're not actively waiting for a spawn, you are not in line. You cannot assume that just because everyone could benefit from a Titan's Hammer, that they are IN LINE to steal the hammer.

Basically, your interpretation of the rule is wrong. No rule is being broken here unless they are doing this AFK and/or stealing kills from others who are trying to check the boxes at the same time.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Wil wrote:
Iltar wrote:Fact is that players with scripts that check TH/kill balrons/level weapons who don't really play, do have very big advantage over those who try to play by hand and really click instead of scripts.
No offense man but if this is what you want, find a server which disallows advanced scripting engines. There are more of them than there are servers like UOEX which intentionally allow them with all the consequences, good and bad.

No offense man who needs to go away are people that try to break the rules with strange interpretations and i've seen something about that in the past in your posts regarding farming cloths.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Seems like a lot of people upset that they can't write a script to do what this individual is doing... You have your play style and they have theirs. Obviously their play style is more lucrative than yours and you are upset.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Xavian wrote:Seems like a lot of people upset that they can't write a script to do what this individual is doing... You have your play style and they have theirs. Obviously their play style is more lucrative than yours and you are upset.
Cheatging is not a playstyle, you fail so much with your arguments.
Texter
Passer by

Post by Texter »

His argument is perfectly fine... Scripting as playstyle is not against the rules. If you can write a script that automates a task and you are there to watch (like having it on a second monitor) that is perfectly ok with the codex. If you arent happy with that, that is a you problem.
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Texter wrote:His argument is perfectly fine... Scripting as playstyle is not against the rules. If you can write a script that automates a task and you are there to watch (like having it on a second monitor) that is perfectly ok with the codex. If you arent happy with that, that is a you problem.
Wait wait wait, i've never said that scripting is illegal, i've said that camping without turns is illegal, xavian tactic to change the focus of discussion because he never read the rules in his life have nothing to do with my affirmations. I'm concerned about campers. You can't continuously camp peerless bosses, also you can't camp the gauntlet without taking turn, but with the most valuable item (in the xavian mind) you can camp all day with or without scripts. Don't be fooled by people that try to shift the attention away from the main problem like wil or xavian. So wil says "go away you're not welcome if you want to enforce the rules", but he forgot thta's not the owner of the shard. Xavian says "become a cheater and camp like cheaters"because he never read the codex. Those are not arguments, those are dirty tatcis of manipulation or stupid answers.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

The key to the share spawn/steal items rule is the other person must come on the screen say they want a turn and remain there on-screen and visible the whole time while waiting for the first person to take the next kill/item and then it is there turn to wait for it to spawn for them. This used to happen a lot at lady mell (I used to camp it a lot) but, absolutely no one has attempted to trigger this rule with me in years. Why? because is very boring to wait for the person to finish their next kill then wait for your own. Most ppl just say "can you PM when you're done"? and go about their lives doing more profitable things.

Toying with scripts is a lot of fun and can be incredibly profitable just by the nature of most ppl don't spend days/weeks writing a script for an unprofitable thing. script buying arrows, bolts and scrools was my fire real profitable hands free scripted and it took forever to learn how to do. Took me weeks to figure out how to Plat elly runebook mine completely hands-free but it was a real learning experience, took me a solid 3 days to figure out how to bally/lurg runebook hunt hands-free without steal killing. I only use razor and enjoy working on scripts and being able to run them when I want to walk/run on my treadmill.

I do think it is dumb that a 150kk+ item is a pure rng little to no skill involved gamble that's boring as hell to do. Yes, I wish it could also be obtained via some questline but, that takes a lot of coding and is new content.
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Post by Zeratul »

My original comment remains the same.

Xavian is right 100%
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

valeriano wrote:You can't continuously camp peerless bosses, also you can't camp the gauntlet without taking turn
Let me just address this point here... There have been many times when I've headed into gauntlet with 120 skulls. I've spent 8 hour days in there running my script on loop while I work. Guess what? If nobody showed up, I didn't have to take turns with anyone. It was always my turn. If they did, I let them have a turn. Nick nailed it in his comment:
Nick wrote:The key to the share spawn/steal items rule is the other person must come on the screen say they want a turn and remain there on-screen and visible the whole time while waiting for the first person to take the next kill/item and then it is there turn to wait for it to spawn for them.
Not sure who you are, or how long you've been on the server, but you need to learn how the rules work. I notice that you just created your forums account and your signature indicates that you're using this account to say stuff that you're not comfortable with tying to your actual account.

Simply put, you are wrong.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

valeriano wrote:i've seen something about that in the past in your posts regarding farming cloths.
That's a rather ironic choice of complaint. A couple years after my posts complaining about not being able to AFK script thread into cloth on a loom, that entire game mechanic was replaced with the current tailoring menu... where you click a button on the in-game gump and walk away. No scripts involved.
Handrius
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Handrius »

i come to this website just to watch people argue over please never change the server how it is we love being able to afk everything with zero repercussions lol. simple fact if one guild is super rich from being able to steal an item that is supposed to be hard to get then there is a problem. if you think the one you were able to steal from them from the last 5 or so they got last year then i want what yall are smoking. if you see no problem with whats going on here, sorry your apart of the problem. :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

p.s. thanks for the cheap entertainment. and that's nick of old.. wasn't he in your guild xavian LOL