UO Steam error

Name says it all
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

UO Steam error

Post by brhanson2 »

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing the following error.

I tried using UO Steam (i have been able to in the past) now every time I try I get "cant find intel graphics".

I tried the suggestions I found on various websites. Updated all intel drivers, etc. No luck.

Any help appreciated.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Re: UO Steam error

Post by brhanson2 »

**bump**
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

I do not know if this addresses any thing but various windows updates have had problems with "breaking" uosteam. Sometimes it takes 6 months or so before they come out with updates that fix whatever they broke. You can only do a "rollback" to an older windows patch if it is within 60 days (i think- maybe 6?). So if you update, check out all the programs immediately to see if they all still work. If not, default to the rollback and wait.

Also, if you have dedicated graphic cards, they may need to be flashed to most current version. This is NOT updating a driver and can be risky so make sure you read everything and are comfortable taking that risk before starting.

Feeling your pain man. I corrupted my fighting macro in uosteam and haven't taken the time to fix it. Sucks to be without it.

ButteryBiscuits
aka Syrenka
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

OH I HAD THIS ERROR!!

The thing that fixed this error for me was the following: I had a monitor that was connected to my onboard graphics instead of my graphics card (I could see it in Device Manager as some kind of Intel graphics, if I remember right) and when I rerouted it to use HDMI into my graphics card instead of being plugged I believe originally into my motherboard, then removed the Intel Graphics from Device Manager... it finally worked and allowed UOS to run properly.

I know that isn't the best of all write ups but this was years ago now, so working out of memory.
Seventh Stone
Passer by

Post by Seventh Stone »

This issue happened to me either. After some invetigation I got that only monitor directly connected to main graphic card can run UOSteam without issues but after it is already run you can move it to any monitor without issues. For example, in my case I had a laptop with two additional monitors connected through base station. I was able to run UOSteam on native laptop monitor but all other showed me the error. So, every time I have to open laptop lid, run UOSteam and close it to switch to another monitor. Hope you'll find your way.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Try running uosteam as admin and windows XP 2 compatibility??
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you