New to this shard.

Name says it all
Ketoid
Passer by

New to this shard.

Post by Ketoid »

It has been many years, since I played this style of U.O. I spent 5 years playing old school U.O. (U.O. renassance). What is a good templet to start out with? What type of gear should I try to get? basic newb stuff. any advise welcome.
Gates
Passer by

Re: New to this shard.

Post by Gates »

You might want to check out the New Players Guide on the wiki. It explains what makes Excelsior different, gives advice on build, and ways to skill up an make money quick. And there's tons of other info on the wiki as well.

http://www.uoex.net/wiki/New_Players_Guide
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I highly advise new ppl that are serious about staying on the shard (as I hope everyone is) to talk with some of the vets BEFORE you spend a bunch of gold (or eds) on anything and talk through your plans... ive seen to many ppl farm for 3 days and buy a doom arty for 100k that is good on annother shard and its a straight trash bin item here, almost any vet would have just given you and explained why it was worthless if the new player had asked.

[PM nick of old in game if you have questions.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

The single biggest difference on this shard is there are no Skill limits like there was on the the original. Was 1300 long ago and later was reduced to either 700 or 900 (i forget) On here you can have every skill at 120.

The in game auction hall (type) [exex is a huge game changer as well. (you have to place gold into the [exex box to be able to buy stuff off the auction hall though.

You will have to take almost everything you learned playing UO in the days of old and throw them out the window, things are better here ^_^

There is also a method for searching *Most* Vendors... https://vendors.uoex.net/

I would recommend starting with 2 skills maxed Lock Picking and animal Taming, You will get a skill-ball, use it on Lockpicking once you get it to 60 AND have obtained a 120 power scroll (lockpicking is a VERY difficult skill to GM otherwise ^_^

Once you get animal taming leveled (you can level it via crafting on this server) you can get a pet and solo quite a bit.

Follow the guides on the Wiki - they are VERY VERY VERY informational!

If you aren't against donating 20 Euro to the server for ED - ED = server currency, 1 ED = roughly 50,000 gold, 20 euro nets you 200 ED = roughly 10,000,000 gold, pickup an animal taming and a lockpicking power scroll
Last edited by Sir Blood on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Ketoid
Passer by

Post by Ketoid »

Thanks for all the info, I decided not to play here. I have nothing bad to say about this shard, cool people, very cool set up. I just do not have a degree in what I call new school U.O. all the bells and whistles. You folks have a good thing going, hope the very best for you. Good travels, and thanks for letting me try out.