About Relayer

Name says it all
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

About Relayer

Post by Cezzar »

Hi, i decided to use BC's for my all relayer but i need some help.

i have to spend for each relayer 271 point. Stats, Enc Potions, Reflect PD and Spell Demage.
remaining 179 points for each relayer.
i will have 17 relayers (except weap) in total so 3043 points.

The problem is that, i dont know how much i have to spend for resist or for others. i need suggestion

---------------

Hit Chance Increase(3pts)
Swing Speed Increase(4pts)
Lower Reagent Cost(5pts)

Regen Hits (2pts)
Regen Mana (6pts)
Regen Stam (1pts)

Physical Res (5pts)
Fire Res (5pts)
Cold Res (5pts)
Poi Res (5pts)
Energy Res (5pts)

Spend point for me :) thanks.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: About Relayer

Post by Gaara »

Before i post this link i want to say, there's no reason to go for BCs other than to waste your time/money or both. Nothing in this game requires you to have that +2 STR per relayer. I can't think of any reason why i'd go for BC only route especially with the insane pricing of the item. I wouldn't do a BC relayer even if i got one for free because you still need 200 EDs to type change it. The BC fad was started by one player who was all for min-maxing which doesn't matter here. Back then BCs went for 60k gold max :)

If you still want to waste your time and money here's a guide: http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... ayer+guide
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Gaara wrote:Before i post this link i want to say, there's no reason to go for BCs other than to waste your time/money or both. Nothing in this game requires you to have that +2 STR per relayer. I can't think of any reason why i'd go for BC only route especially with the insane pricing of the item. I wouldn't do a BC relayer even if i got one for free because you still need 200 EDs to type change it. The BC fad was started by one player who was all for min-maxing which doesn't matter here. Back then BCs went for 60k gold max :)

If you still want to waste your time and money here's a guide: http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... ayer+guide
In all fairness nothing in this game requires anything...it's about building a better character which makes the game easier. Having an all BC suit versus non-BC suit means 51 extra hit points and an extra 2-3 damage per hit.

I know people don't like the fact that the "fresh" cost of a BC is about 400ed (200 for the BC and 200 for the deed) but let's do a comparison...

A BC is 400ed for +2 STR and some people complain about that.

A Titan's Hammer is 2,000-2,500ED (plus 200 for the deed) for +7 STR and nobody ever says "oh no don't but a TH".

So in essence you're paying 200ED for each additional point of STR with a BC, whereas you're paying 300-400ed per additional point of STR with a Titan's Hammer.

So if a BC is an awful item then why does everyone love a Titan's Hammer?
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cezzar »

actually i found my answers in excel. Thanks.

is there any limit for HCI and how much i have to have for this server?
All these are max limit for use. is that right ?

Hp Regen 54
Mana Regen 36
LRC 100
LMC 40
FC 4
FCR 6
DCI 65
Stam Regen 40
All resists 70
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Muolke wrote:In all fairness nothing in this game requires anything...it's about building a better character which makes the game easier. Having an all BC suit versus non-BC suit means 51 extra hit points and an extra 2-3 damage per hit.

I know people don't like the fact that the "fresh" cost of a BC is about 400ed (200 for the BC and 200 for the deed) but let's do a comparison...

A Titan's Hammer is 2,000-2,500ED (plus 200 for the deed) for +7 STR and nobody ever says "oh no don't but a TH".

So in essence you're paying 200ED for each additional point of STR with a BC, whereas you're paying 300-400ed per additional point of STR with a Titan's Hammer.

The extra hp and dmg mean nothing. I can drop probably half my relayers and survive anything the game has to offer :P

As for Titan's it's more status than anything else really. People generally go for Titan's after having a full suit of other relayers first just to refresh things a bit.
Cezzar wrote:actually i found my answers in excel. Thanks.

is there any limit for HCI and how much i have to have for this server?
All these are max limit for use. is that right ?

Hp Regen 54
Mana Regen 36
LRC 100
LMC 40
FC 4
FCR 6
DCI 65
Stam Regen 40
All resists 70
Wiki has a neat chart for stat caps: https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Stat_Caps Although hp/mana/stam regen do not cap: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4688

Edit: Obviously everyone can and will do whatever they want for relayers. Not a big deal. My issue is when i see newbies go for BCs without even knowing that they could go for a regular looted weapon and do just as fine.
Last edited by Gaara on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Gaara wrote:
Muolke wrote:In all fairness nothing in this game requires anything...it's about building a better character which makes the game easier. Having an all BC suit versus non-BC suit means 51 extra hit points and an extra 2-3 damage per hit.

The extra hp and dmg mean nothing. I can drop probably half my relayers and survive anything the game has to offer :P

As for Titan's it's more status than anything else really. People generally go for Titan's after having a full suit of other relayers first just to refresh things a bit.
If extra HP and damage mean nothing then why even bother with relayers? Just get a 220 dex suit and call it a day.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Muolke wrote:If extra HP and damage mean nothing then why even bother with relayers? Just get a 220 dex suit and call it a day.
Sorry, bad wording on my part. The extra hp/dmg from a BC suit vs looted relayer suit. Relayers in general make a difference :) Not a full suit's worth though, you can do fine with just a few relayers + dex/goc or even without. I did all Sgail stuff without relayers or dex gear years back, just full on necromancy and life leech in general.

Oh, read my edit on last post please.
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cezzar »

i planned like this. im not sure, did i forgot anythink ?

Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Don't do all BCs, you can replace at least 5 of them with SOTs and have max stats.
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cezzar »

firstly i dont have any relayer for now, this week i will finish first BC :) its like a talking about utopia for now :D

and i saw people trying to get max demage for end game. So they are spending money even for 1% increase. in this way i will have more SDI.

other important subject, when i reach the all relayer probably i will be afk in TC all day. i dont need get early.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Gaara wrote:Don't do all BCs, you can replace at least 5 of them with SOTs and have max stats.
But then you lost about 100% SDI and that's a huge hit.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Cezzar wrote:firstly i dont have any relayer for now, this week i will finish first BC :) its like a talking about utopia for now :D

and i saw people trying to get max demage for end game. So they are spending money even for 1% increase. in this way i will have more SDI.

other important subject, when i reach the all relayer probably i will be afk in TC all day. i dont need get early.
Don't forget to add extra physical resist since "protection" reduces as well as extra FC since that takes a hit as well.
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cezzar »

Muolke wrote:
Cezzar wrote:firstly i dont have any relayer for now, this week i will finish first BC :) its like a talking about utopia for now :D

Don't forget to add extra physical resist since "protection" reduces as well as extra FC since that takes a hit as well.
thanks. how much must be ?
acolyte
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by acolyte »

Muolke wrote:
Gaara wrote:Don't do all BCs, you can replace at least 5 of them with SOTs and have max stats.
But then you lost about 100% SDI and that's a huge hit.
You also gain 10 extra strength per SOT (20 instead of 10 on bonecrusher) instead of SDI and STR does increase your base weapon damage, plus 7 more hit points that you wouldn't get on a bonecrusher.

Maybe you are just an absolute SDI fiend and need more SDI than anything else, well if that is true then you don't want an Bone Crusher or even a Titan's Hammer on your leggings slot either, because leveled weapons can only give you 20% SDI and the gleam aura leggings will give you 30% SDI. So really you are losing 10% SDI by relayering a Bone Crusher or Titan's to the leggings slot and that's a huge hit.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

acolyte wrote:
You also gain 10 extra strength per SOT (20 instead of 10 on bonecrusher) instead of SDI and STR does increase your base weapon damage, plus 7 more hit points that you wouldn't get on a bonecrusher.

Maybe you are just an absolute SDI fiend and need more SDI than anything else, well if that is true then you don't want an Bone Crusher or even a Titan's Hammer on your leggings slot either, because leveled weapons can only give you 20% SDI and the gleam aura leggings will give you 30% SDI. So really you are losing 10% SDI by relayering a Bone Crusher or Titan's to the leggings slot and that's a huge hit.
1. The damage you gain from 20% SDI is greater than the additional damage due to 10 extra STR. You gain about 1 extra damage per 15-20 STR.

2. The Gleam Aura Leggings don't have any STR bonus or RPD. So the damage increase from having an additional 10% in SDI is smaller than having something with 10/15 STR bonus and an additional 15% RPD combined.