Luck

Name says it all
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Luck

Post by Jantra »

A discussion I keep seeing cropping up is the big old L word... luck. So I'm curious for more info, if we have any concrete evidence of how Luck affects the game, what you believe it affects, etc.

Things I've heard it affecting:

Gauntlet/Doom
Bio-Engineering
Paragon Chest Drops
Artifact Drops
Imp Crystals Stats

What are your thoughts?
Fist
Elder Scribe

Re: Luck

Post by Fist »

Here is my experience (7600 Luck)

Gauntlet/Doom - No
Bio-Engineering - Yes
Paragon Chest Drops - Yes
Artifact Drops - Tokuno? Yes
Imp Crystals Stats - No
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Post by allendown »

my personnel exp. main luck suit 7000, ordinary fighting suit 5650.
tok artifacts yes, too well in fact
dna collection yes
paragon chests, maybe, but I don't think so.
gantlet, forget about it
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Luck also affects regular drops.
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

I'm super curious now because everyone who's replied so far has *obscenely* high amounts of luck compared to the general masses. So that I find really interesting! Clearly it's worth something.

Tmaps? What about those?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Colibri answered this last year in a post I had made about Doom Gauntlet.
Gaara wrote:Check +C's answer here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12740&p=73766&hilit ... uck#p73766
Yup, right here!

Luck overall
Luck is used in the following systems:
- doom bosses
- slot machines (not sure if our machines are actually configured to use luck)
- doom secret chests & the pouches inside
- paragon artifact drops
- treasures of tokuno
- bioengineering - dna extraction
- treasure maps
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

Luck overall
- doom bosses
- paragon artifact drops
- treasures of tokuno
- treasure maps
I find that first one interesting given that above, people seemed to believe that luck had nothing to do with doom! *rubs chin* Is luck just so minutely involved..? Fascinating.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Jantra wrote:
Luck overall
- doom bosses
- paragon artifact drops
- treasures of tokuno
- treasure maps
I find that first one interesting given that above, people seemed to believe that luck had nothing to do with doom! *rubs chin* Is luck just so minutely involved..? Fascinating.
Lots of people believe different things. +C has access to the code and I don't think he would blatantly lie about luck having an impact on Gauntlet arty drops.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

am i crazy or havnt colibri and veritas both said many times over the years that luck has no impact on gauntlet drops? wouldnt be the first time i misremember something but i really believe i am right about this.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

culichi wrote:am i crazy or havnt colibri and veritas both said many times over the years that luck has no impact on gauntlet drops? wouldnt be the first time i misremember something but i really believe i am right about this.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

i did see that link in this thread and i do understand what it says but what i am saying is that prior to that 2019 post by colibri i recall many times in the past that admins including colibri and veritas have said that luck does not impact gauntlet drops. i also said i could be wrong im often wrong about things but i im asking if anyone else remembers what i remember.
acolyte
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by acolyte »

Re: the gauntlet, I think the general consensus before and after this thread is still that luck has no significant impact on gauntlet drops. Take away the word "significant" and the sentence is false, meaning that luck does have an impact but it is so small it's pretty much negligible, and from the other post by +Colibri it seems that whatever the small impact is, it might cap after 1200 luck.

I subscribe to the theory that every X amount of time, the base drop rate changes (increases or decreases), some people say "hot times" and "cold times" and following those patterns will help you a gazillion times more than luck deeds/gear. This is another discussion thread: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7940
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

i have 7200 luck and the difference is very noticeable on t-maps, tokumo artifacts & bio-engineering. this is the first time ive ever heard that doom boxes are affected by luck.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

acolyte wrote:Re: the gauntlet, I think the general consensus before and after this thread is still that luck has no significant impact on gauntlet drops. Take away the word "significant" and the sentence is false, meaning that luck does have an impact but it is so small it's pretty much negligible, and from the other post by +Colibri it seems that whatever the small impact is, it might cap after 1200 luck.

I subscribe to the theory that every X amount of time, the base drop rate changes (increases or decreases), some people say "hot times" and "cold times" and following those patterns will help you a gazillion times more than luck deeds/gear. This is another discussion thread: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7940
Significant is a very loose word so I guess we could agree depending on what you mean by it. If the regular drop rate is 5% (example) and with luck it increases it to 7% then one could argue that 2% extra isn't significant but we'll never know the exact impact.

As far as the other claim about certain times being more favorable then others that is 100% true. There is a randomizer that increases and decreases the drop rate every x amount of minutes or hours. That does of course have a much bigger impact on Gauntlet drops then anything else.