Footprint Suggestion

Name says it all
Zanazaz
Adept Scribe

Footprint Suggestion

Post by Zanazaz »

So after seeing the cool foorptrint effect at the auction AND finding one in an IDOC. I started thinking what would be a cool effect. Yesterday I thought of what I think would be a good one, maybe another one for an auction item.

However, I think the effect I'm thinking would only work when the character is running. MY idea is a rain of arrows landing behind the character as they are running, and they would hit the ground at an angle? Not a lot of arrows, but a few.

So... what does everyone think?

Zanazaz
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Footprint Suggestion

Post by Wil »

I lag every time I come near one of the houses with a flying crow.
Bulsie
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Bulsie »

i like the idea would have to create a new gif or somthing along those lines though since i dont think anything in the game has a visual like that
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

You'd have to create a sequence of graphics for the animation, find graphics to remove from the client to make space for the new graphic (since the UOEX client is as full as you can get without some folks crashing), you'd have to get everybody on the shard to download the new client (no server-push for updated graphics in UO) and you'd have to explicitly animate the graphic from the server side since off-cycle start run to stop animation is not a type the client already supports (lag lag lag).

Place-wait-remove of various generic graphics and animations already in the client (what the current footprints do) is much, much, much simpler. I think it'd be cool for graphic X that I see at location Y to show up as footprints is doable.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Trail of arrows on ground accompanied by the combat arrow flight animation from a random screen edge might be doable. Not sure how cool it'd look though.