was without computer, now mistvale items expired, advice?

Name says it all
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

was without computer, now mistvale items expired, advice?

Post by nocturne7saint »

so my computer had died around july, since it has been 6 months since i had my mistvale quest items, they have expired.

how i am without good armor, still have my platnum plate (i think its platnum)

i need some advice on getting gear to replace this mistvale quest gear, so i can stand on my own.
I'm at a huge disadvantage since my newbie gear is gone, and i did not get up to the point to get the permanent good gear from the new player quest area.

going to sign off for today, will be on 6am central standard time if anyone wants to talk in game
blackstone from the ILV guild
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: was without computer, now mistvale items expired, advice?

Post by Sir Blood »

A lot of players have decent armor for decent prices. I just hope you were able to get the mistvale Sash and the Cape.

You can go a long ways if you have good pets. My suggestion is getting animal taming raised up to as close to 120 as possible along with Animal Lore and Vetrinary. (it is possible to raise Taming without actually having to tame anything, once your base skill is high enough you just craft animal stuffs (Pet dye at the start, then resurrection potions and finally leashes) There are rings, bracelets and earrings that each have the capability of raising your Taming level up to 15 points per slot. Mainly useful so you can start crafting asap without having to actually tame anything.

Then get a pack of Mules. (the thing a few of the Champion Spawns ride, but the ones you want are bred to be close to maxed out stats)

Then just work on raising gold and/or ED's (take advantage of the in game voting, rewards get better all the way up to top tier which is 1 ED every time you vote (allowed every 20-22 hours or so.)

If you are broke and willing to donate to the server, ~20$ will go a long ways when you are just starting out... You donate in exchange for ED (Excelsior Dollars... 1ED = roughly 50,000 gold You get 10 ED for every Euro you donate 1 Euro = ~$1.12 US (20 Euro = 200 ed etc...)
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

i was unable to get the mistvale sash and cape :(

how much would it run me to get something of equal standing to replace the mistvale sash and cape?
or am i just screwed now?

sorry for the long time between replies, i had given up on the game for a while cause of this.
Bulsie
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Bulsie »

think your only option to get stuff like that now is relayers like us vets before mistvale
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

It sucks, but it’s not game breaking. Make sure you utilize the other good things the shard gives, like Winter Necklace, gleam aura leggings and black belt. To a lesser degree you have GOC, Batwings, Spirit of the Totem and I like the 10/10 Rings & Bracelets. There are lots of good things to work with out there.
TDC Guild
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Melkor wrote:It sucks, but it’s not game breaking. Make sure you utilize the other good things the shard gives, like Winter Necklace, gleam aura leggings and black belt. To a lesser degree you have GOC, Batwings, Spirit of the Totem and I like the 10/10 Rings & Bracelets. There are lots of good things to work with out there.

right now i have a little over 2 million gold, how much do each of those items you suggest go for? and what do you suggest i buy first?
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

The first three are quests. The winter necklace, called Jewel Of Winter comes around at Christmas, so for that you will have to wait. The leggings are from the S’gail quest line, and the black belt is from the karate belt quest. You can get started on these quests right away. These items are powerful account bound items. I would also start on the series of GOC quests.

As for what you want to buy, you are going to have to look at your suit and see which way you are going. The easiest way to get the good items yourself I think is to get pets and a good fast spirit speak healing suit to keep them alive. Then slowly evolve your suit until pets aren’t worth the hassle.

There is a lot of info on the forums you can search about these things, I think the wiki still has some very good info as well.
TDC Guild
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Melkor wrote:The first three are quests. The winter necklace, called Jewel Of Winter comes around at Christmas, so for that you will have to wait. The leggings are from the S’gail quest line, and the black belt is from the karate belt quest. You can get started on these quests right away. These items are powerful account bound items. I would also start on the series of GOC quests.

As for what you want to buy, you are going to have to look at your suit and see which way you are going. The easiest way to get the good items yourself I think is to get pets and a good fast spirit speak healing suit to keep them alive. Then slowly evolve your suit until pets aren’t worth the hassle.

There is a lot of info on the forums you can search about these things, I think the wiki still has some very good info as well.
i have 5 imprisoned hounds, how does this healing suit work? what do i need on it stat wise? my current suit is just an almost all resist plat platemail suit, i have magery, chivelry and cleric spirit speak gm i think
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

the winter quest has a cloak reward exactly as good as the mistvale cloak but it is a tough quest to finish and you only get one chance a year.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

nocturne7saint wrote:
i have 5 imprisoned hounds, how does this healing suit work? what do i need on it stat wise? my current suit is just an almost all resist plat platemail suit, i have magery, chivelry and cleric spirit speak gm i think
Cleric spells for healing pets, preferably on a “last Target” type repeating macro. So you heal one, then engage the macro, switching targets as needed. So you need good mana regeneration and good (max is best) fc/fcr. Try to get 120 spirit speak to help as well. You already got the imps so that’s good. Oint them up if you haven’t already.

Feel free to [pm me in game if you have more questions.

Melkor
TDC Guild