Where have all the colours gone?! Hues not returning?

Name says it all
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Re: Where have all the colours gone?! Hues not returning?

Post by Zeratul »

Hi!!

Still wondering what the solution is here.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Zeratul wrote:Hi!!

Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Zeratul wrote:Hi!!

Remove ability to reserve any hue for any reason. Done. Solved. Minimal coding needed, just return the colours. Read this thread and the vast majority support this action, just remove ability for any hue reservation and return the whole lot to public use. Please.... for the sake of everything good in Excelsior, please.

I too was going to bump this thread... I'm going to do a colour change in a few months when I turn 12 and really hope the hues are returned from this archaic and draconian system of hue-hogging by then. At the very least maybe an update on on the plan...

[guilds says there are 312 guilds on uoex, and 99 reserved hues (I counted them). 67 of those guilds were made Before June 2014 and most have NA or 0% activity. 27 guilds with exactly 1 member but have a reserved hue and a similar number with 2-3 members and a reserved hue. Multiple guilds such as my old guild Axiom Endeavour which are no longer a guild at all and have 0 active players still hogging a great hue...

*logs in to see 85 players online :? * <---- evidence that this hue problem has really put a downer on the server growth/sustainability... :displeased:

Any area where there are a patch of nice hues this is what we see:

Absolutely hueless.... this is a massive problem and really needs addressing. Everything else should really be on the back burner until we can get a resolution to the hue-theft IMO... it has been 18 months since you gave us any info or update on this one +C...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

qbf wrote: *logs in to see 85 players online :? * <---- evidence that this hue problem has really put a downer on the server growth/sustainability... :displeased:
I highly doubt that people have left the server because of lack of hues... There are much better reasons to leave...

As for the hue issue, I'll point back to my previous statement that would take only a few minutes to implement and return hues to the room/tub for use:
Xavian wrote:I think it would be nice to allow a guild to have the hue on their stone, but not prevent everyone else from using it.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Xavian wrote:
qbf wrote: *logs in to see 85 players online :? * <---- evidence that this hue problem has really put a downer on the server growth/sustainability... :displeased:
I highly doubt that people have left the server because of lack of hues... There are much better reasons to leave...
People won't leave for the lack of hues. They've been leaving because of a lack of interest from +C to handle relatively simple issues such as hues in an acceptable timeframe. This thread alone has been going on for almost 2 years.

+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Muolke, the fact you're still on the forum speaks volumes.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

+Colibri wrote:Muolke, the fact you're still on the forum speaks volumes.
Millions of people went to the movie theatre to watch Titanic even tho they knew the ship was going to sink. It's because they love entertainment...and so do I.

If you spent 1/4 of the time you do on the forums posting underhanded jabs at players and shutting down ideas on actually improving the shard then you'd probably have a much happier player base instead of a sinking ship of a shard with players fleeing on a daily basis.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:Millions of people went to the movie theatre to watch Titanic even tho they knew the ship was going to sink. It's because they love entertainment...and so do I.
It rather undermines your point when you don't find whatever new shard you picked entertaining enough to keep your attention.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Muolke wrote:Millions of people went to the movie theatre to watch Titanic even tho they knew the ship was going to sink. It's because they love entertainment...and so do I.
It rather undermines your point when you don't find whatever new shard you picked entertaining enough to keep your attention.
My gameplay on UO has been cut down drastically due to a booming real estate market which has more than doubled our margins and required a lot more of my time. I usually take a peek at the forum here when I need a laugh...and it never fails. The other shard I play on doesn't have all the drama and ridiculousness. The couple of times i've needed anything the admin messaged me back within minutes...not hour...not days...not weeks. There's daily updates, improvements, and events. That's literally the exact opposite of what UOEX has become. But hey, there will always be die hard uoex loyalists that will go down with the ship.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:My gameplay on UO has been cut down drastically due to a booming real estate market which has more than doubled our margins and required a lot more of my time. I usually take a peek at the forum here when I need a laugh...and it never fails. The other shard I play on doesn't have all the drama and ridiculousness. The couple of times i've needed anything the admin messaged me back within minutes...not hour...not days...not weeks. There's daily updates, improvements, and events. That's literally the exact opposite of what UOEX has become. But hey, there will always be die hard uoex loyalists that will go down with the ship.
Uh huh. You find it all so captivating over there that you come back here for "entertainment."
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

S.S. Excelsior & S.S. Colibri
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Dark Omen
Passer by

Post by Dark Omen »

Another vote here for opening up the hues. Way too many nice hues are restricted. Customizing our characters through hues and item appearances at least keeps things feeling somewhat fresh/new since there has been a flatline in terms of content. That's not a knock on the shard, just saying, more hues would allow us to change things up more often when hunting the same spots gets old.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Xavian wrote:
Xavian wrote:
Lol I put that in there just for the lols... I am amused everyone picked up on that part of my post.

All the time I spent showing how bad the situation was the the numbers and data was the main point. +C any idea on when we might see a fix around this? Would it be a lengthy time consuming job to just temporarily prevent any more hue reservations and manually free up all the hues from inactive guilds? That would give us some colours back and buy you time to finish whatever long term fix you want with this.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Post by Zeratul »

Free the colors!!! :dance :dance
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Zeratul wrote:Free the colors!!! :dance :dance
I still like my idea.