Where have all the colours gone?! Hues not returning?

Name says it all
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Re: Where have all the colours gone?! Hues not returning?

Post by Cerrera »

Im not against that people in guilds have something special for them, but 50k gold is too low (saw someone writing about 50k reservation fee) there must be about 5 mil one color per month or even more i supose, and max twoo colors for guild, of course there will be a lot of people who will be able to carry alone anyway, but i supose that some will refuse to make this one person color monopolly. Actually i dont know how mutch it costs today :D Thought, maybe im talking about same prices which already exists today for color reserving .
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Bumping this one up. I am nearing my 12th birthday (it's 2 years and 3 days after I started this thread). I started this thread with the hope to get some traction and be able to adjust my colours when I hit that milestone, I was kind of hoping to hit it in the first year, but was definitely holding out hope for a fix after the second year. :(

I get you have important things to do for the server but honestly... can we not just get rid of the ability to hog hues and let the colours back into the world? Just remove all abilties to reserve a hue for anyone and code some sort of guild hue system down the track when you have time.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Post by Zeratul »

Dear +C

Please open the hues….please
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Sure would be nice wouldn't it...
Jean Luc Picard in game
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

…yes it would

I think the population would rather have hues to choose from over locked guild hues.
TDC Guild
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I'll upvote once more. Just wanted to remind you all that this post dates back to Dec 2019 and the feeling wasn't new...

Lets just decide who bumps this thread in the upcoming 5 years? :lool:
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Well if we just let it go and the issue slides back into the void, then nothing will ever happen.
Jean Luc Picard in game
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Hey, yeah i agree this is important, but so many other things as well. Long story short, i'm making a sort of public todo list, where you guys can vote on what gets fixed/coded/added next, I will put this on the list along with a bunch of other stuff, and then you can take your vote.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

+Colibri wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:22 pm
Hey, yeah i agree this is important, but so many other things as well. Long story short, i'm making a sort of public todo list, where you guys can vote on what gets fixed/coded/added next, I will put this on the list along with a bunch of other stuff, and then you can take your vote.
Yes! This sounds amazing!
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

+Colibri wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:22 pm
Great idea. Any updates on the behind the scenes will be appreciated. Will slightly more frequent auctions be on the to do list? It's a good way to placate the masses :lool:
JOHNNY WARREN!
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

ooo, I feel like this was updated. Maybe its just my imagination though.
New Stone?
New Stone?
newStone.jpg (42.78 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I think it was my turn to bump this post wasn't it?

see you in 3 months ;)
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Lets doit
Jean Luc Picard in game
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

So, it's been 3 years now... and while we are all super appreciative of the server stability, the recent auctions and seeing +C around.... the number one issue dragging uoex back and turning players away still isn't being addressed!

There's talk of imminently adjusting the recall spell or something, whilst that's decent progress there is no way that it is anywhere near the catastrophe that the hue system has become. Seriously, every single player on UOEX is for just removing the ability to hog hues, even guildmasters who are the hue hogs want it gone!

This poor new player is likely to quit over this complete travesty, and who can judge them:

This was said in WC TODAY... the issue persists. New and old alike HATE the current system.

I went to do my annual hue change and there was NOTHING good. We are completely hueless here.

There's no need to code anything, just remove the code that lets players who don't even log in anymore hog the hues. Stop people making a 1 person guild just to hog the hues. Please, for the sake of all things good, everything else must be placed on the back burner whilst this section of dictatorial, criminal code is removed from our great shard!

OK, there's a lot of tongue in cheek text above (before the haters hate, we love ya +C). But I firmly believe this should be priority number one, and the fix seems so simple. Just reset all hues, remove the code that allows them to be hogged. Done. EVERYONE wins.

Please and thank you.

But seriously, read the community replies, read WC on a daily basis, run a poll... you'll see it is basically unanimous, FREE. THE. HUES!
JOHNNY WARREN!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Excuse the double post - in my rage/deep depression, I forgot to hit the edit button in my above post. Ban me, at least I will have release from this bland, colourless torment. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Type [guilds guys to see for yourself how big this problem is. I have posted the first 5 pages of the [guilds menu, you can check the rest yourself... But on these first 5 pages 17 out of the 30 hues there are from defunct guilds. The rest are from guilds that have absolutely minimal activity. Almost none are used by a guild the way it is intended. On the first 5 pages there are 14 guilds with 1 or 2 players (none of which play) which have hogged a hue. There's even a single player guild with the abbreviation "HUE" just to add insult to injury! :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

If you go through the rest of the 11 pages of the hues it gets really depressing. I actually broke down and cried, finger hovering over the delete account button around page 8.... But I did finish going through the list... there are 40 guilds with 1 or 2 players, all of which have 0 activity in the last month (some I have never seen, most from pre 2014) which have a hue reserved! There are actually only a handful of guilds who are active, have more than 3 members and have a hue reserved.

And these guys have reserved the BEST of the BEST hues, leaving the cat vomit garbage for the rest of us to scrap over. Please consider this above all other priorities.

I know you might one day want to fix this system, write some new code, maybe have a minimum guild size/activity rate/age to reserve a hue, that would be great. But right now, we need the bandaid. Just delete the code that allows hue hogging, free the hues and let there be some happiness in the world once more.

We know you aren't a fascist +C, and don't support these fascists who think it's their right to steal the colours from the world... but you're the only one with the power, and hopefully courage, to rectify this!
JOHNNY WARREN!