Future house drops.

Name says it all
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Future house drops.

Post by brhanson2 »

Now that the code is all in place to show the status of a house will it now be automatic? When you see your neighbors house is IDOC you keep an eye on it and within 7 days perhaps of it changing to IDOC it just falls without any fanfare?

Just wonderin'
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
Filraen
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Future house drops.

Post by Filraen »

+1 for automatic house drops!

Yesterdays IDOC event was amazing!

Just another suggestion:
As more houses have been droped yesterday as planned why not postpone the next IDOC event 1 or 2 weeks?
If we wait one or two weeks a lot more houses would be available again and the event would have a bigger impact.

Just my two cents.
Best Fil
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

The IDOC event yesterday was fun but I say we just keep the house drops to just automatic when they're do moving forward especially since the signs say when they are IDOC. I think in chat +C did say that once they go IDOC they drop within 1 week. Let's make it a random drop...let's say 1-3 days after the week is up to keep things random. If you happen to stumble upon a dropped house then it's your lucky day.
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Filraen wrote:+1 for automatic house drops!

Yesterdays IDOC event was amazing!

Just another suggestion:
As more houses have been droped yesterday as planned why not postpone the next IDOC event 1 or 2 weeks?
If we wait one or two weeks a lot more houses would be available again and the event would have a bigger impact.

Just my two cents.
Best Fil
I like it! My neighbors tower is greatly worn so lets not do the next one till it is IDOC :D
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
Totoro
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Totoro »

Make house drop automatically when the timer is due so everyone have a fair chance to find one, otherwise those who have to work or live at different time zone will miss out the event again.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

This event was very pleasant however I would like to leave a few suggestions:

-Selecting what items to drop was understandable but for the future it should not happen.
-Account bound items should be the ones removed since they bug containers not allowing them to be collected
-Item decay should be longer when this happens, I have always supported the idea of warning the players so that Excelsior history is not lost, if players can't find the house or are too full and need to travel multiple times than this is problematic.
-The "no housing" was very cool idea 1st it helped to identify the land 2nd helped the fair play -> should be increased to "during the entire decay timer" a lot of free land now so no need to rush it or cry over.
-Doing this in events is kinda of a mess, a no pet policy would really make people step up the game and collect only what they want leaving more room for people to grab items one may discard later

Despite all this I am very happy that GM listened to the community and changed things! this is what makes excelsior great ! :D

Thank you for the hard work!
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Are IDOCs auto from now? Has anyone heard if +C said anything about it during the idoc event? I think it would be good for them to decay like normal and drop as suggested in this thread...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

+Colibri said the next event would likely be in September and it would be decided after that if future drops would be en masse event style or as the house would decay naturally.
In game name: Abarai
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Ah, thanks for the info.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Deorum
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Deorum »

Big fan of unannounced, natural decay. It's like that old parable... "If an IDOC falls an no one is there to hear it, does it affect the economy?"
Slartibartfast
Master Scribe

Post by Slartibartfast »

It was a good idea to have the IDOC event since houses hadn't dropped in so long but now that it can happen more gradually I agree it would be nice for it to be automatic instead of events. Hopefully that's the decision after the next IDOC event :). I think that would be a good time to make it automatic so they don't get backed up again in the future.
In Game: Billy Blacksmith

EasyUO:
Journal Spy | Heal n' Feed

ALT + 42
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I have mixed emotions about it. Sure, I'd love to be the only guy who found the idocing house. But the mad scramble across a multiple IDOCs was a blast! I missed a lot of the stuff I wanted but I got a lot too. And the house placements were good to me. Very good to me.

Natural decay could be hard to pull off here. In other shards, if you catch the transition from greatly worn to in danger of collapse, you know exactly when the house will fall. If you can be there and no one else noticed, you're the king.

Here, houses wear out as a variable function of the player's logged time. A house could sit in greatly worn for months and then, poof! Gone in a day. Will you catch the transition? Probably not. Probably all that good stuff will go to waste.

Also, trying to think about it from the +'s perspective, IDOC is a relatively easy event to put on. Hi everybody, show up at X time and I'ma gonna push the big red button. Everybody has a lot of fun and now that the tools are built, it won't take much planning.

Regards,
Wil
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

I'm going to side with the majority in the hopes of having houses just drop of natural decay instead of recurring IDOC events. Sure it's fun but it's an event outside of gameplay and would rather just leave it as is. Just like when a TC vendor drops you sit around and wait until you can place your own vendor. So that there's less risk of as many things going to waste you could either increase the decay time of items from IDOC homes to up to 6 hours or just have a set time of the day when IDOC homes drop.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I too prefer houses falling at their natural times. I really like the edition to the house signs indicating how close they are to falling.
TDC Guild
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

eventually the excitement over server wide idoc events will wear off but till then i think we should keep doing it that way. it was fun seeing so many players participate and i havnt heard about any kind of whining or drama at the event.
i hope we have more of these mini events in the future its what i loved most about the server when i started out here and it saddens me that they never happen anymore.

BRING BACK THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!