Karate Quest

Name says it all
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Karate Quest

Post by Octavius Thorn »

big Kudos to +Req!! thank you very much for this quest. It was much needed, I hope we get to see more stuff like this in the near future and thank you for using Tokuno *bank sits with white belt*
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Karate Quest

Post by Yoda »

what a nice thing to find open for my day off
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

Obviously haven't finished this quest, but did the first part, and am very intrigued. Excited to see the other quest objectives, as well as the rewards. I really like the wait system being applied here between sections of the quest, too. I'd like to see more quests built with this structure, and would LOVE to see more difficult quests built like this. Keeps me much more entertained than bank sitting.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Kaiho
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Kaiho »

I have a question about these quests. Are we able to help others get the quest items? I have someone in my guild who has a slow connection and doesn't want to chance it. I was hoping fellow guild member would be able to help out those who are having issues with lag and other reasons.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Deadwerd wrote:Obviously haven't finished this quest, but did the first part, and am very intrigued. Excited to see the other quest objectives, as well as the rewards. I really like the wait system being applied here between sections of the quest, too. I'd like to see more quests built with this structure, and would LOVE to see more difficult quests built like this. Keeps me much more entertained than bank sitting.
I as well like what I see so far and look forward to what each level brings. I second Deadwerds assessment of the wait system as well. Too often our society irl and by extension in game are part of the the me, me, me, now, now, now, instant gratification group.
Some people (you know who you are) were on WC last night bashing this quest and the wait system left and right.

IMO whether you like it or not.... If you think the +'s are doing such a poor job , perhaps you can apply for the open positions in their ranks and show us what you can do. :nod:
If not, please keep your negative comments out of WC as all you are doing is looking ungrateful and creating a negative enviroment for not only the new players but to the vets as well... which is obviously something we are trying to avoid.

Keep up the good work +s !
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

My only question at this point is where do you start the quest :)
In game name: Abarai
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

In this building in Makoto Zento. First look for the white belt sensei.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Thank you :)
In game name: Abarai
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

Octavius Thorn wrote:big Kudos to +Req!! thank you very much for this quest. It was much needed, I hope we get to see more stuff like this in the near future and thank you for using Tokuno *bank sits with white belt*
It's a really good series of quests, +R definitely deserves major kudos for it. I'm nearly finished with it, I'm on the last part of the black belt but I'm looking forward to doing them a second time. I really love how it brings you to areas that are unused instead of bringing in new areas. It makes creating content easier and also fleshes out old content. Thank you, staff. :D
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Deorum
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Deorum »

Agreed. My favorite part of this quest line was going to all of the areas I've never been despite playing UO since 2001 or so. Terra Sanctum in the Lost Lands? Had never been there and the more I creep around the Lost Lands the cooler they are.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Erth wrote:
Octavius Thorn wrote:big Kudos to +Req!! thank you very much for this quest. It was much needed, I hope we get to see more stuff like this in the near future and thank you for using Tokuno *bank sits with white belt*
It's a really good series of quests, +R definitely deserves major kudos for it. I'm nearly finished with it, I'm on the last part of the black belt but I'm looking forward to doing them a second time. I really love how it brings you to areas that are unused instead of bringing in new areas. It makes creating content easier and also fleshes out old content. Thank you, staff. :D

Agreed.
Fantastic job throughout the quest line! :dance
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I know I saw somewhere more details about this quest line... But I can't remember exactly what was said. I seem to remember something about doing it a second time to get a belt that is relayerable. Anybody have a link or maybe just more details??
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Athena Tenebris
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Athena Tenebris »

fixxer1963 wrote:I know I saw somewhere more details about this quest line... But I can't remember exactly what was said. I seem to remember something about doing it a second time to get a belt that is relayerable. Anybody have a link or maybe just more details??

Dont have a link; but yes; running the quest a 2nd time; the black belt you get is a sample to be able to relayer. Hope that helps =)
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

OK... I am on the purple belt now.. and I have been to every wet spot south of Britain.
The dialog says Hart Lake, south of Trinsic in Felucca...
How am I not finding these purple Alliums?
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Eless
Master Scribe

Post by Eless »

The dialog says Hart Lake, south of Trinsic in Felucca...
You can find Hart Lake with UOAM, it's at 1724/3198. If I remember correctly these purple Alliums where either around the lake or on the grass patch directly next to id (SE if I remember correctly).