Just wondering what relayers people actually use.

Name says it all

What relayers do you have?

Spirit Of The Totem Relayered
No votes
Bone Crusher Relayered
23%
Bone Crusher and Spirit Of The Totem Relayered
23%
Relayers But Not Spirit Of The Totem Or Bone Crusher
18%
Titan Hammer Relayered
3%
Titan Hammer And Spirit Of The Totem Relayered
10%
No Relayers
23%

Total votes: 39

Nikki
Novice Scribe

Just wondering what relayers people actually use.

Post by Nikki »

Feel free to comment what relayers you have if theyre looted or other arties.
Last edited by Nikki on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Just wondering what relayers people actually use.

Post by +Colibri »

Might want to add "lvl 100 titan's hammer" to the list :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Nikki
Novice Scribe

Post by Nikki »

Good call!
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Little of this, little of that ;)
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I have all (6) bone crushers and a sot changed appearance to a pirate hat... BC relayers aren't really worth the extra price (imo) but i did all mine back when BCs were free or 50k a pop... after 5 relayers it each one doesn't make very much of a difference so its just a place to put money when you don't have something better to do with it.... like buy roughnecks house from him...
Nikki
Novice Scribe

Post by Nikki »

Nick wrote:I have all (6) bone crushers and a sot changed appearance to a pirate hat... BC relayers aren't really worth the extra price (imo) but i did all mine back when BCs were free or 50k a pop... after 5 relayers it each one doesn't make very much of a difference so its just a place to put money when you don't have something better to do with it.... like buy roughnecks house from him...
Yeah, maybe they arent worth it, but what else are we suppose to relayer? A SoP? 200 luck isnt worth it to me when it makes me want to pull my hair out while leveling it.. I agree BC's shouldn't be 250ED, but I haven't bought any of mine... In my opinion there's not really any other item that we have that's any better than the BC in relayer terms, if you're only doing a few relayers (2-3) BC's wont have as much impact if you use say SoP's.. but if you're going with 12 BC's that's 24 extra str that you wouldn't of gotten with a 8str item..... so was that 200 luck worth it?
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

If you want to hit the hardest you can, and have the most hp you can, use bonecrushers. You can upgrade to Titan's/Ancient Titans, and use SoTs.

Otherwise, use whatever. With 10 re-layers you should be able to kill just about anything in the game without dying. You will do it slower than the person using all BCs, but if that's not something you care about, save the 200ED to weapon change it.

I personally think the extra damage is worth it, because it's more efficient, but everyone has their own opinions.

I would pick one way, and stick with it. Don't mix and match, because then it is a waste.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Went for a mixture of BC, SoP, SoT and cavorting for resists, free luck and strength, used to like bc but I refuse to pay the amounts being charged
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I have 3 titans hammers, all looted from the chests. 3 BCs, 2 of which I got on my own before the changes. A winds edge and resist broadsword and 3 SoTs..
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

NICK SAID: after 5 relayers it each one doesn't make very much of a difference.

So does this keep you over 220 Dec for Insta heal? Do 5 relayers max your lower mana cost, lower reagent cost etc? The wiki has a lot about what to put on and max possible benefits and diminishing returns. It gets a bit confusing.

I am working up a Destroyer now (level 72) and have a bc that is level 10 but has not been weapon changed yet (got it in Doom about a year ago), also have a Horselord that I am leveling to relayer when possible. Where is the happy medium of relayers for benefit and SoT's for max str. Those titans hammers are elusive and quite pricey. If a bc is not worth the 250 ed it is now, is a Titans hammer REALLY worth 1000 ed? I ask to understand, not to aggrivate.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

[Glyph] wrote:NICK SAID: after 5 relayers it each one doesn't make very much of a difference.

So does this keep you over 220 Dec for Insta heal? Do 5 relayers max your lower mana cost, lower reagent cost etc? The wiki has a lot about what to put on and max possible benefits and diminishing returns. It gets a bit confusing.

I am working up a Destroyer now (level 72) and have a bc that is level 10 but has not been weapon changed yet (got it in Doom about a year ago), also have a Horselord that I am leveling to relayer when possible. Where is the happy medium of relayers for benefit and SoT's for max str. Those titans hammers are elusive and quite pricey. If a bc is not worth the 250 ed it is now, is a Titans hammer REALLY worth 1000 ed? I ask to understand, not to aggrivate.
It boils down to personal preference. Bone crushers were selling for 50k for a while, then almost overnight became the relayer of choice for many. The price settled around 2-3 mil for a while then slowly crept upwards to re-settle around 5 mil, until the doom changes. Once the doom changes required 1 skull per round, bone crushers went up to 10-11 mil. It's basic supply and demand. Regardless of what people may think or not think, fact is they are selling for these prices.

The extra strength you gain nets you around 36 hp, and maybe an extra 12 base damage. To some it's not enough of a difference to justify the cost. I think it is, and if you read the comment I made in the other thread - if you take X hits to kill a balron, and I take X - 1 hits, I save 1.25 seconds per balron. If we both hunted 3 hours a day, and said each balron was worth 3k gold.

Let's pretend it takes you 30 seconds to kill a balron.
3 hours * 60 minutes per hour = 180 minutes * 60 seconds / hour = 10,800 seconds. 10,800 / 30 seconds per kill = 360 balrons per 3 hours. If I killed them 1.25 seconds faster, 10,800 / 28.75 seconds per kill = 375.6 - call it 375 = 15 extra balrons. 15 * 3000 gold = 45,000 extra gold per day.

If we kept this up for 1 year, or 365 days, I'd make an extra (45,000 * 365) = 16,425,000. gold than you for no extra work. Obviously if I killed 2 hits quicker, the difference would be even larger.

Is that worth it to you? I dunno. It was to me. I also wasn't one of those who got all their bonecrushers for 50k a pop. My first one was 50k, my last was 3 mil.

Titans usually sell for 80-100 million gold = 1600-2000 ED.

PS: WTB Titan's Hammer 80 mil ;)
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Killing Balrons is not an accurate way to measure wealth increase... Everyone and their brother goes after them... lol
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

I have more SOP relayers than BC relayers but voted.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

lets put an end to the mythology

say you have 400 hitpoints str ish range area
and you have 500

it doesn't matter the "extra damage" if empirically put to the test against real world situations and gameplay.. it doesn't "make it more efficient" its roughly the same the increases to base damage on the weapon are far too small to have any significant impact in any way beyond "perception".

If it makes you feel good do it, but saying any of this stuff matters much to the "end game" etc is absolutely silly, and to correct the pricing timeline it wasn't that the bonecrusher became the relayer of choice. more accurately.

The first adopters of the bonecrusher moved onto titan's hammers (which are absolutely worth it in every way) and were selling relayers, so lets boost value on the base item ... bigger resale YAY!

It truely doesn't matter to the endgame experience, in fact all benefits from hitpoints and str really top out around 450hp or so, nothing more is survivable beyond that, all the one hit kills that still get you are way too big to be solved by anything less than well.. titan's hammers, and that is maybe one monster.

As for the "efficiency" and "speed of kill" for the record I don't care whatever floats your boat, but everyone around 450 kills balrons approx the same speed, there is no fast or slow guys really its roughly the same, the speed comes from efficiency of movement, runebook travel etc (which never comes from scripts) do it if you must, but the benefits are quite small. you will still average around 600k per hour or so same as me (more if you are having a really good day)

having said that, wear what you like, dress how you like relayer whatcha like etc =)

Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

It boils down to personal preference.
The extra strength you gain nets you around 36 hp, and maybe an extra 12 base damage. To some it's not enough of a difference to justify the cost.
Is that worth it to you? I dunno. It was to me.
If you want to hit the hardest you can, and have the most hp you can, use bonecrushers.
Otherwise, use whatever. With 10 re-layers you should be able to kill just about anything in the game without dying. You will do it slower than the person using all BCs, but if that's not something you care about, save the 200ED to weapon change it.
I would pick one way, and stick with it. Don't mix and match, because then it is a waste.
Gee Yoda, I pretty much said the same thing as you...?!

I think the difference is significant enough, and you wear all bone crushers too, last I knew, as does your wife. So obviously you bought into the perception at one point yourself. Don't put others down for doing the same. Also, lets not pretend the selling price made the difference. It's always been the 200ED to weapon type change it that makes the difference.

Perhaps not today, since the price has more than doubled/tripled to 10-11 mil, and is a significant cost.