Armor recomendations

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Armor recomendations

Post by Alibaster »

I've been using the Mistvale armor ever since I got it months ago but it looks like I'll be losing my armor in about a month. Most of the pieces only last for 6 months. So I'm looking for some guidance on what I should be working towards as a replacement. I'll still retain the Cloak and Sash but everything else will disappear. I'm also in the process of leveling my Reaper of Souls as my primary weapon. I also have gear that helps gets my Dex up to 215 currently but 220 would be nice. Any ideas on what would be a good armor set for a person of my level? Thanks in advance.
Alibaster in game!!
Versales
Elder Scribe

Re: Armor recomendations

Post by Versales »

Hello,

The GoC items might be right up your alley to get you some nice replacement gear. It can be a little tough to earn, but you can buy it, usually available on some vendors in TC.

You have 215 dex. what items are you using? I mean do you have the stat scrolls etc you need? that alone can help bump you up the 5 points you need. Though it is expensive as you will need to buy the +5 to individual stats from the donation room to go along with them.

Some items I would suggest (as I don't know your gear I am spitballing)
8/8 jewelry - its nice earrings, ring and brace - however, if you are just ITCHING for a little bump you can sacrifice the str (and hp) and find some +10 dex rings/braces that players have acquired though peerless bosses.
There are arms of tactical excellence that will give you +5 dex
Ironwood crown* (I think thats the one) - that also gives a 5 dex bump [this sounds like headgear, but its a chest piece]
the usual jackles collar (+15)
Headhunters headdress / dread pirate hat (+8)
Gloves of the pug (+8)

*Tip - don't forget to cast bless on yourself that should bump you over the 220 dex! you just have to do it every couple mins (which can get annoying)

Its great that you are leveling a reaper - its a decent weapon - you can also look into buying a 3x14 weapon, or sword of prosperity, or cavorting club to start leveling that you can add +8 dex. to, as well. (you'll want to do a shirt and kilt/skirt first as there is no slot for them to give you a bump)
And since the reaper is one-handed you can you ravenos shield (+dex.)

Also you can start looking around for a fresh Blaze of death to start leveling as your champ weapon - lots of examples out there of that people to to them!

You are on the cusp of becoming a mid-level player its an exciting time! It just takes lots of extra effort to get there, and and LOT of extra effort to become end-game level too.

Also if you don't have imps (imprisioned pets) yet, I'd suggest looking into a some cheaper ones (low str ones like 270's -low 300's) point them up just a tad and you have a little squad of death machines!

Hope that advice helps you a little.

-Val

*edit - I think there is still a 220 dex guide on the wiki (I haven't looked at it in ages) that can give you some more tips for bumping to 220.
Last edited by Versales on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valorian in game!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Thanks for the awesome tips. Sounds like GoC is the way to go. I've been eyeing that up for a while but I wasn't sure if that's the next level or not.

As for my Dex, I did use scrolls to raise the base to 150. I'm also using Hunter's Headdress (+8), Ravonos Shield (+5), Bracelet (+9), Havvx's Ring (+7), Star Sapphire Ear rings (+8), Jackal's Collar (+15), Cloak of Mist (+8), Sash of Fog (+6) for a total of +66 which gets my Dex up to 216. Trying to decide if I should add Dex to my weapon or try and get it from another source. Maybe higher level jewelry or a different shield? Any ideas?
Alibaster in game!!
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

As for my Dex, I did use scrolls to raise the base to 150. I'm also using Hunter's Headdress (+8), Ravonos Shield (+5), Bracelet (+9), Ring (+7), Ear rings (+8), Jackal's Collar (+15), Cloak of Mist (+8), Sash of Fog (+6) for a total of +66 which gets my Dex up to 216. Trying to decide if I should add Dex to my weapon or try and get it from another source. Maybe higher level jewelry or a different shield? Any ideas?

You can go with + 1 brace (get a +10) +3 ring if you get a plus +10 those will give you that bump - or just get arms of tactical excellence, or gloves of pug would be my suggestion any of those should get you to the 220 :P There isn't another shield you can use. Also, as much as you can I would avoid placing dex on a weapon. It dosent make it bad, but if you can get it other places then its wasted points :P and can harm resale value later on. also if you rely on it for one wep, then when you switch to using a yumi then you will be extra hurting because you will be missing the 8 dex from the wep AND the +5 from the shield! (just food for future thought) :)
Last edited by Versales on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valorian in game!
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I think another option for you could be batwings. They give you a +10 boost and the reason I would suggest this is that if you swap out your shield for a double handed weapon, like a yumi, blaze of death or a warhammer/double axe, you can still get 220 dex without putting dex on your weapon, saving those points to add extra hits etc :) Another reason I say this is that I think you will need a bow to do the GoC quest, it's just not safe to go in and melee in a lot of places! You will need mana leech with the bosses so that you can constantly heal your pets. Also, when you are buying a bow, make sure it has no area hits on it, or you will be in all kinds of trouble in Labyrinth!

The first goc piece that I obtained was the armor, it's the best piece of the set I think and although it's high effort, it is highly rewarding too. It's a wonderful feeling handing in that final gem and getting your reward! One piece of advice, skip netopir and buy the dead mouse, he has so much HP!
In game name: Abarai
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

I think another option for you could be batwings.
How could I have forgotten about these! These are pretty essential to most new player dex set-ups!
Valorian in game!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Awesome post Versales :nod:

You might want to edit this typo tho:
Versales wrote:Ironwood crown* (I think thats the one) - that also gives a 5 dex bump [this sounds like headgear, but its a chest piece]
:lool:
Last edited by Gaara on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Gaara wrote:Awesome post Versales :nod:

You might want to edit this typo tho:
Versales wrote:Ironwood crown* (I think thats the one) - that also gives a 5 sex bump [this sounds like headgear, but its a chest piece]
:lool:

LOL! I thought I caught all of those auto corrects! *fixed*
Valorian in game!