Voting Stone

Name says it all
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Voting Stone

Post by Fayude »

Not sure if this has been addressed or not... I try and vote everyday. I may miss a day or two, but usually everyday. I've been getting 1 ED for a while now. Even if I missed a day. Yesterday I voted and got a 47k check. That was unexpected, but I did only do 3 of the 5 websites. Today I did all 5 websites and got a 45k check. What's going on? If I vote for on all of the sites, why am I getting less of a reward? I've never had any problems with this.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Voting Stone

Post by +Requiem »

Zhi
Novice Scribe

Post by Zhi »

I've been voting all 5 sites and I keep losing gold. I didn't launch the browser from the game, but it was at least 72 hours between votes, as I've been having serious internet issues, so it wasn't a doubling up issue.

Do I have to launch from the game for my votes to count?
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

I'm still loosing gold and have been voting on all 5 sites. I'm down to level 17 now, and it's frustrating me.
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Post by Sadie McKee »

This happened to me as well but it will work its way back up again as long as you keep voting everyday. I done as +C said voted from the stone in TC. I went from level 14 back up to 25 just takes patience.
Zhi
Novice Scribe

Post by Zhi »

Voted again today, on all 5 sites as usual.

Dropped another level, now I'm down to 15.

Yay.
Zhi
Novice Scribe

Post by Zhi »

Voted on all 5 sites.

I am now level 14.

:roll:
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Your going to have to log in and launch a browser from there. That is the only solution. See the quote below from the thread linked below.

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... ing#p65356
+Colibri wrote:Hey, i saw a help ticket with this issue - i assume it was you.

I tried chrome like you described, but the tabs stay open. Does anyone else have this problem?

As a workaround for you, i'd recommend:
1. Click the "open browser" button, it will open chrome for you.
2. Copy paste the whole address into firefox: not just "uoex.net", but for example: "http://www.uoex.net/?VoteId=l02onkVf6W"
3. Vote like normal. This "VoteId=" followed by random characters is what ensures that sites properly relay your identity back to the shard (for some, it works ok without it. for others, it's basically mandatory to vote directly from the stone, otherwise, it doesn't get detected as fair).
Alibaster in game!!
Zhi
Novice Scribe

Post by Zhi »

Today I got level 14 again, so at least I didn't drop another level.

Yes, I'm launching the browser from the stone to vote.
nasskarr
Journeyman Scribe

Post by nasskarr »

I have voted from the stone in TC as well. Voted all 5 sites every other day from the log and I lose 1 level every time I vote. Somethings up.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Nasskarr, i see your problem is like many others - you need to vote from the stone. This last vote session you did (6th, right after midnight shard time) reigstered properly. However, you have a very low "fairness reputation" so it will take another 2-3 successful sessions before your level stops falling. and then another 3 before it starts raising again.

Zhi, i replied to your help ticket in-game.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Wondering if my votes are counted as fair, no problems with other sites... I get this message quite often after voting on the site:
Attachments
vote.JPG
vote.JPG (19.13 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
nasskarr
Journeyman Scribe

Post by nasskarr »

I think I might know what happened. I have had another instance of Excelsior's website open when I voted from the stone. That may be why it's not registering properly.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

nasskarr wrote:I think I might know what happened. I have had another instance of Excelsior's website open when I voted from the stone. That may be why it's not registering properly.
I always have uoex website open and i've had no issues with it...
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

this is the most current voting topic i could find, just had a question. i read somwhere before that you can vote from different ip's and it should work. well, im back and fourth from home to my girlfriends to motels every month. since im logging into uo and clicking the vote stone every time, is that gonna effect the amount if im on a different ip, because sometimes i vote earlier than before my last when im on a different ip, is the reward per ip or ex acount, or does the server check the last verified time per account before giving reward?