From UO Excelsior Wiki - Ultima Online Free Shard
The game client stores some data so that it can run faster. For example, as you walk by a house for the first time, the house is loaded form the server. But when you come by that house later on, if it hasn't yet been modified since you last visited, it will load it from your hard drive.
Sometimes this cache gets corrupted which leads to you seeing a few walls, or chunks of houses, or even whole houses, even though they are not there. To fix this issue, you can delete the file in which this data is stored.
If your house cache is corrupted
Follow these steps if you see walls or pieces of houses where they shouldn't be:
- 1. Close the game.
- 2. Navigate to the folder in which the files are stored:
- Go to the UO Game Folder (By default it's: C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior freeshard)
- Find and open the "Desktop" directory.
- Here, open the directory with the name of your username
- Then open the directory named "Excelsior"
- Then navigate to the directory with the name of your character
- 3. Delete the file named "Multicache.dat"
- 4. Run the game and the problem should be solved
Follow these steps if you open your Skills menu and it's empty:
- 1. Same as in the above instructions
- 2. Same as in the above instructions
- 3. Delete the file named "skillgrp.mul"
- 4. Same as in the above instructions