Gravedigging

Name says it all
BubbaD
Novice Scribe

Gravedigging

Post by BubbaD »

I just used up a number of shovels (300 uses worth) and found only a few gems regs, and junk equipment. Not a single bone pile, piece of furniture or other arty. Is this typical of what others have seen when grave digging or am I particularly unlucky. Speaking of luck does gear luck have anything to do with gravedigging?
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Re: Gravedigging

Post by Deadwerd »

That is DEFINITELY not normal, I normally get bone pieces more than I get gems or scrolls. I assume it is a bug, but will need to test gravedigging real quick before I can say for sure.

I believe luck does effect gravedigging, but again, I am not 100% sure about this, either. Even with 0 luck, when I was gravedigging a lot, I would get a little bit of everything, sometimes good stuff, mostly stuff to throw away or broken furniture.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

did that quest a few years ago, used one shovel and still have a bag full of items (furniture etc...) lying around in some container, unless it was changed.

there was a fix "FIX Grave digger's shovel no longer works on house addons that contain grave tiles." that may have bugged that ... should stop spending shovels until +C can answer this thread.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

I've done a large number of digs over the past month.

100 digs in the felucca entrance: a very small handful of desirable items such as furniture, furs, etc. I got an awful lot of scrolls and angry spirits.

100 digs in the fel brit graveyard: much much better dig rates with a lot of variety in the items including arties, webs, liquor bottles, etc. I will say I got a ton of bones and bone containers.

**EDIT**

It is assumed that you have 120 mining when grave digging...your mining skill could very well effect things.

-Iago
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Where does one get a gravedigging shovel? I tried to do the Grizelda the Hag quest but could never get it started. Also I believe they are on Exec but the price was pretty steep.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

i believe the quest giver is in nujelum, some old drunk guy standin in front of a building.
BubbaD
Novice Scribe

Post by BubbaD »

Iago Venport wrote:I've done a large number of digs over the past month.

100 digs in the felucca entrance: a very small handful of desirable items such as furniture, furs, etc. I got an awful lot of scrolls and angry spirits.

100 digs in the fel brit graveyard: much much better dig rates with a lot of variety in the items including arties, webs, liquor bottles, etc. I will say I got a ton of bones and bone containers.

**EDIT**

It is assumed that you have 120 mining when grave digging...your mining skill could very well effect things.

-Iago
I wasn't aware I needed mining to get the good stuff. I will train up my mining and retry. Thanks for the info.
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

My mining is at 100.3 right now, luck is only 278, and Ive mainly done gravedigging at the fel entrance. I have gotten arties, equipment, furniture, rugs, tarot cards, webs, gems, regs, scrolls, and liquor bottles once. The quest giver also has given me necro altars twice and a blood pentagram once when I turned in his required item for the shovel. Its fun not knowing what will drop. Sometimes you really don't get that lucky but sometimes you do!
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Ok I've done about 400 digs now:

125 last night in Fel Brit Graveyard. came up with about 4 pieces of broken furniture, no arties, 2 webs, and a lot of bone containers...so definitely not nearly as good a haul as the previous night.

Also something for the admins to look into...after 500 digs (120 mining, ~500 luck) I have yet to pull the small table with the green runner on it. I've talked to a number of people who also have done a lot of grave digging and they haven't seen one in forever...maybe there's something up with the drop rate? Back before when I was a newbie with no luck I would get them every 25-50 digs. Anyway just a thought...

-Iago

BTW in case you weren't aware you can raise mining pretty easily by smelting coloured ore one at a time...it gives you more chances for a gain.
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

Iago Venport wrote:Ok I've done about 400 digs now:

125 last night in Fel Brit Graveyard. came up with about 4 pieces of broken furniture, no arties, 2 webs, and a lot of bone containers...so definitely not nearly as good a haul as the previous night.

Also something for the admins to look into...after 500 digs (120 mining, ~500 luck) I have yet to pull the small table with the green runner on it. I've talked to a number of people who also have done a lot of grave digging and they haven't seen one in forever...maybe there's something up with the drop rate? Back before when I was a newbie with no luck I would get them every 25-50 digs. Anyway just a thought...

-Iago

BTW in case you weren't aware you can raise mining pretty easily by smelting coloured ore one at a time...it gives you more chances for a gain.
I have gotten only one of the smaller tables that you are talking about and this was weeks ago. However, I do not grave dig nearly as much as you, really only do it on days that I'm bored.
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales